Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel I feel like people are constantly laughing at me.

AmeriCel64

AmeriCel64

Officer
★★★★
No matter what I do or where I go. I can never shake the feeling of laughter toward me. I can't even tell if the laughter is real. It's fucking terrifying.

When I went to high school, I would walk to my classes and hear faint laughter. The sound had no location. Was it in my head? Was it real? If it was real, was it directed towards me? I don't know.

At work today, I felt like people were laughing at me as I did my tasks. It brings on feelings of rage and cold sweating inducing fear. I want it to stop. I want the pain of real or perceived laughter to stop. I can't tell if it's real. That's the scariest part. Just writing this is causing me to shiver and tear up. It is a pain that I wouldn't wish on any of you. The flashbacks, why can't they stop?

Is this caused by an insecurity of not being a Chad or Normie? Is it because I have Aspergers and possibly other mental disorders and feel like everyone knows? Is it because I was targeted as a teenager? I don't know. If not? What do they want from me?

Last edited:
C689D216 B395 4F9C BC07 ADE386FBE7C9

I think if they were laughing at you, they would stop and point too

I used to be like that, now I wait for someone to say some shit, and get into a fight idc if I get my ass whooped or I whoop there ass

I used to be like that, now I wait for someone to say some shit, and get into a fight idc if I get my ass whooped or I whoop there ass
I can't "whoop" anyone's ass; I don't know who is laughing or if it's real. I think some of the laughter is in my head. It's terrifying because it is inescapable when I go in-public. Even driving down the street downtown, I feel the laughter.

I can't "whoop" anyone's ass; I don't know who is laughing or if it's real. I think some of the laughter is in my head. It's terrifying because it is inescapable when I go in-public. Even driving down the street downtown, I feel the laughter.

I know exactly what your taking about I used to feel like it was almost in my head, I would project other peoples conversations and for some reason think they were talking about me and laughing, my grandfather was schizophrenic so I hope these arnt the early stages, but even though im underweight ive been practing my form and doing exercises at home, i may not win a fight, but knowing how to throw a right hook has really helped my confidence being in public.

I know exactly what your taking about I used to feel like it was almost in my head, I would project other peoples conversations and for some reason think they were talking about me and laughing, my grandfather was schizophrenic so I hope these arnt the early stages, but even though im underweight ive been practing my form and doing exercises at home, i may not win a fight, but knowing how to throw a right hook has really helped my confidence being in public.
They say schizophrenia onsets around the ages of 18-22 which worries me. This has been getting worse. I think I'm able to act confident enough in public to not be targeted but it's hard to tell. I also have persecutory delusions though and I have lost many friends because I kept accusing them of targeting me or piling up on me during video games. I also have a hard time organizing my thoughts or words unless I somewhat plan it out first. I don't know what to make of these signs

Sounds like mental health problems paranoia, makes sure you OBSERVE next time you THINK someone is laughing at you, CHECK FOR REAL EVIDENCE, look directly at the people that you think are laughing at you see if they are see how they react etc if you don't look up your head/imagination can play tricks on you. If you have a good imagination it can be hard to tell reality from imagination sometimes, it just blurs too much.

I have the same thing, whatever I am worried about I think its happening to me through other people, and it isn't. (most of time)

They say schizophrenia onsets around the ages of 18-22 which worries me. This has been getting worse. I think I'm able to act confident enough in public to not be targeted but it's hard to tell. I also have persecutory delusions though and I have lost many friends because I kept accusing them of targeting me or piling up on me during video games. I also have a hard time organizing my thoughts or words unless I somewhat plan it out first. I don't know what to make of these signs

if theres any consolation I feel like im in the same place as you, What helped me the most was realizing my thoughts are irrational and ignoring what I think is in my head. ive had these symptoms for the past two years but im turning 22 in oct and gradually over time Ive been feeling calmer in public, no pills just conditioning myself.

M8 it's not in your head. You're just ugly.

if theres any consolation I feel like im in the same place as you, What helped me the most was realizing my thoughts are irrational and ignoring what I think is in my head. ive had these symptoms for the past two years but im turning 22 in oct and gradually over time Ive been feeling calmer in public, no pills just conditioning myself.

it definitely is in your head dude

Most people don't really give a shit about you, so it's probably just in your head.

it is good to know that other people have these struggles. i can usually keep it together in public but the flashbacks and panic attacks happen at home because less is going on to distract me.

Sounds like mental health problems paranoia, makes sure you OBSERVE next time you THINK someone is laughing at you, CHECK FOR REAL EVIDENCE, look directly at the people that you think are laughing at you see if they are see how they react etc if you don't look up your head/imagination can play tricks on you. If you have a good imagination it can be hard to tell reality from imagination sometimes, it just blurs too much.

I have the same thing, whatever I am worried about I think its happening to me through other people, and it isn't. (most of time)
the issue is that i can't tell if it is real evidence. If i cant tell the real evidence from false evidence, it becomes difficult to validate or disprove my suspicions.

Most people don't really give a shit about you, so it's probably just in your head.
it definitely is in your head dude
i hope so. i can't tell though.. if it is really people laughing at me, that makes me angry. if it is in my head, that makes me terrified. it is a double-edged sword.

I have the same problem, you're not alone. I also hear voices occasionally but I don't think i'm schizo since it happens so rarely. Your brain can play alot of tricks on you, it's almost fascinating.

I have the same problem, you're not alone. I also hear voices occasionally but I don't think i'm schizo since it happens so rarely. Your brain can play alot of tricks on you, it's almost fascinating.
The delusions are constant. I have lost so many friends because I would accuse them of shit. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy. The hallucinations are rarer but spark when I am in public or driving down a populated part of town. One time I drove downtown to grab a coffee and wind down but I felt like everyone was laughing at me and judging me as I drove by.

I want help but I am scared that the doctors will turn against me and get me locked up.

Last edited:
No matter what I do or where I go. I can never shake the feeling of laughter toward me. I can't even tell if the laughter is real. It's fucking terrifying.

When I went to high school, I would walk to my classes and hear faint laughter. The sound had no location. Was it in my head? Was it real? If it was real, was it directed towards me? I don't know.

At work today, I felt like people were laughing at me as I did my tasks. It brings on feelings of rage and cold sweating inducing fear. I want it to stop. I want the pain of real or perceived laughter to stop. I can't tell if it's real. That's the scariest part. Just writing this is causing me to shiver and tear up. It is a pain that I wouldn't wish on any of you. The flashbacks, why can't they stop?

Is this caused by an insecurity of not being a Chad or Normie? Is it because I have Aspergers and possibly other mental disorders and feel like everyone knows? Is it because I was targeted as a teenager? I don't know. If not? What do they want from me?
Look threatening to everybody you meet , that's the only way to stop people from laughing at you , make them afraid of you
A

High lean musclemass post

If some girl laughin at you, just bloatmaxx like the guy in your avi. She not gon be laughin then. Lifefuel for ogrecels tbh
bloatedness > mental health

This is how I feel too. It really is debilitating. Whether I'm walking down the street, or at work... it's everywhere. Worrying part is that sometimes I do see smirks on people's faces as they walk past.

People at work talk shit about me all the time...confirmed by so many people...best thing to do is ignore it.

This is how I feel too. It really is debilitating. Whether I'm walking down the street, or at work... it's everywhere. Worrying part is that sometimes I do see smirks on people's faces as they walk past.
Yeah it hurts. It's RageFuel and SuicideFuel at the same time.

If you feel you start losing control, you should seek help. You shouldn't try to deal with this on your own.

Cannot diagnose you, but this seems to be more general paranoia than schizophrenia. Be wary that isolation can cause these symptoms. If possible, find a cope with other people or try to talk with another person at least once a day. Social isolation research has shown people project hostility onto others if they don’t interact enough.

I know taking my advice isn’t always possible, but I really wish the best for you. If it makes it easier, consider that most people are generally too self-absorbed with their day-to-day activities to take the time to judge, let alone laugh at you.

If you feel you start losing control, you should seek help. You shouldn't try to deal with this on your own.
I appreciate that. Better than people saying "Go ER".
Cannot diagnose you, but this seems to be more general paranoia than schizophrenia. Be wary that isolation can cause these symptoms. If possible, find a cope with other people or try to talk with another person at least once a day. Social isolation research has shown people project hostility onto others if they don’t interact enough.

I know taking my advice isn’t always possible, but I really wish the best for you. If it makes it easier, consider that most people are generally too self-absorbed with their day-to-day activities to take the time to judge, let alone laugh at you.
I hope your right. I appreciate you concern, though.

Please can you tell me more about the persecutory delusions. i thought i had the same but i was right about everything, my so called friends were never my friends to begin with they targeted me because i have aspergers. im 32 now and it started when i was 16 so i kind of have an idea how you feel. My advice would be too just ignore all, rise above everything and get to a place in your head where you dont need anything eg drugs, alcohol etc because they will just magnify it.

Take it easy m8

Are you a babyfacecel? Cause I have caught people laughing at me/talking about me when they see me getting out of my car - realising that im older than i look.

Please can you tell me more about the persecutory delusions. i thought i had the same but i was right about everything, my so called friends were never my friends to begin with they targeted me because i have aspergers. im 32 now and it started when i was 16 so i kind of have an idea how you feel. My advice would be too just ignore all, rise above everything and get to a place in your head where you dont need anything eg drugs, alcohol etc because they will just magnify it.

Take it easy m8
The delusions were really just this constant feeling of being deceived. I always felt like my friends were plotting against me. For example, I thought that they were all systematically planning to target me in games or in our little social group. My only actual relationship that I ever had ended because I kept asking if she was cheating on me. I could never get that feeling out of my head. Two girls were always telling me that she was cheating on me. I don't know if they were telling the truth or if they were trying to hurt her or me. I have no clue. Regardless, she left me because she couldn't handle my paranoia.. :feelsrope: I really am a fucking Mentalcel.
Are you a babyfacecel? Cause I have caught people laughing at me/talking about me when they see me getting out of my car - realising that im older than i look.
I don't think that I am.. I am shortcel though if that means anything.

The delusions were really just this constant feeling of being deceived. I always felt like my friends were plotting against me. For example, I thought that they were all systematically planning to target me in games or in our little social group. My only actual relationship that I ever had ended because I kept asking if she was cheating on me. I could never get that feeling out of my head. Two girls were always telling me that she was cheating on me. I don't know if they were telling the truth or if they were trying to hurt her or me. I have no clue. Regardless, she left me because she couldn't handle my paranoia.. :feelsrope: I really am a fucking Mentalcel.

I know how that feels... sometimes it really is best to cut everyone out and the ones that really give a fuck about you will mither you to make sure your ok.
I fucked everybody off i was sick of them, i felt like they would threaten me subtly knowing i would pick up on it because its how they train you to think, its all quite complicated its similar with the laughing. Somehow you have been trained into thinking its aimed at you. I just went outside and some faggy kid mentioned something like "Im not denying it" which i fully understand what he means but because he just a little faggy kid i just disreguard it, they probably pay him in chocolate bars. So you see sometimes its not all in your head but your own head can make things worse if you let it

Don't take what I'm about to say as bluepilled. Obviously this is important to you and I don't want to shitpost and reinforce your paranoia.

I struggle with this as well and I can tell you that they're most likely not laughing at you. Even attractive people are insecure and are only focused on themselves. Yes, there are assholes that will scope you out as a weaker target to pick on, but for the most part nobody really gives a shit about you. (that's a good thing)

It's called social anxiety, my friend. Also it can be really bad insecurity (worse than you think). I'm not sure if you had a father growing up, but if not that would explain it. Fatherless boys tend to develop an insecurity that's unlike any other insecure person's.

Don't take what I'm about to say as bluepilled. Obviously this is important to you and I don't want to shitpost and reinforce your paranoia.

I struggle with this as well and I can tell you that they're most likely not laughing at you. Even attractive people are insecure and are only focused on themselves. Yes, there are assholes that will scope you out as a weaker target to pick on, but for the most part nobody really gives a shit about you. (that's a good thing)

It's called social anxiety, my friend. Also it can be really bad insecurity (worse than you think). I'm not sure if you had a father growing up, but if not that would explain it. Fatherless boys tend to develop an insecurity that's unlike any other insecure person's.

Yeah that makes sense im really insecure my dad never really gave a fuck about me either.

I assume the second paragraph is your response?

I appreciate your concern. But yes, I had my father in my life the whole time. My family life is normal. I think it is more mental illness than anything else

I assume the second paragraph is your response?
Yeah

I appreciate your concern. But yes, I had my father in my life the whole time. My family life is normal. I think it is more mental illness than anything else

I've dealt with this IRL.

The trick is to train your mind out of negativity.
I stopped listening to metal and rap - ambient and instumental.
I stopped hating on things and people - I still do but not at an individual level (unless provoked)
I started smiling and saying hi to passersby - sidewalk, bus stop, grocery store "hay!"
I started saying "Yes" more and become open to different things and experiences.
I worked hard in a job that was constant exercise.
I ate and slept right.

Everyone ignore us. Nobody gives a crap about us.

The laughing are in your head. Your too paranoic and you should looking for help.

Sounds like some internalised stuff manifesting as auditory hallucinations. Maybe see a GP. You never know, she might be a foid who takes a liking to you

They could be gaslighting you.

Read my site:
antisocial.suspectsociety.org/factoids

Could be PTSD and paranoia towards stressful social situations (being incel, everywhere).

Hallucinations present in many different conditions & pathologies.
If you're not being gaslit or "pushed out" of your friend group or community, I would totally see someone to talk.

dont give a shit you know you are ugly and there is no hope ,enjoy life ldar . stop going to normies ,stop working ,we as incels live in isolation , try real isolation like solitude . this is my cope tho this thing i have same problem i think everybody hates me when look at me etc ,but i dont give a shit i know im ugly etc . i dont want to be in this society anymore or i will go insane and they put me in mental institution

Happened to me a lot and still happens sometimes.

Its because of spending your youth being bullied.

I think people don’t generally point and laugh at someone they dislike unless they’re in a group while drunk or with girls.

For me the real sign that most people dislike you (in my case at least) is to be treated like shit all the time. Cashier greets everyone in front of you with a smile and small talk, and then it’s your turn and...not even a ‘welcome’ nor eye contact. Stuff like that pisses me off way more than being laughed at, which I just think it’s immature.