Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I don't really even like old video games

JucheApologist

JucheApologist

The Supreme Leader
★★★★★
I was replaying a video game remaster (basically the same game as the original) of a game I was very fond of in my youth and while I did enjoy it, I didn't really feel the spark of happiness I felt as a young child playing it. There was almost this magical sense of wonder while playing it and now, it's just bland. I miss being really happy rather than me missing the old games

nostalgia is a way they can hook people in cause a lot just think of "muh childhood" but truth b told a lot of dese games wasnt really that good... we wuz younger and putting up with less. to see truth of this look at teenagers playing games in 2024, in 4 years they gonna say 2024 was the best time ever and they miss those times etc u see this parttern its basicaly not the year itself but peoples own life stages they want

nostalgia is a way they can hook people in cause a lot just think of "muh childhood" but truth b told a lot of dese games wasnt really that good... we wuz younger and putting up with less. to see truth of this look at teenagers playing games in 2024, in 4 years they gonna say 2024 was the best time ever and they miss those times etc u see this parttern its basicaly not the year itself but peoples own life stages they want
hedonic adaptation too

I was replaying a video game remaster (basically the same game as the original) of a game I was very fond of in my youth and while I did enjoy it, I didn't really feel the spark of happiness I felt as a young child playing it. There was almost this magical sense of wonder while playing it and now, it's just bland. I miss being really happy rather than me missing the old games

Yes... I found a PS3 disc of nostalgic old Sega megadrive games I absolutely loved as a child. Took it home, booted it up that night to relive happy memories.

Sonic.... sucked.
Ecco the dolphin... sucked.
Golden Axe... the challenge of trying to actually land a blow distracted from the fact that it sucked... for a while.

Conclusions:
Man, we were easily entertained back then. Some happy memories belong in the past.

Take some magic mushrooms and feel like a kid again for half a day and then play those games.