Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I don’t like being told to not be insecure.

Clownworldcell

Clownworldcell

Recruit
★★★★★
@GeneticDysfunction made a good point about confidence being a concept that has to be of value for it to be a real form of Confidence. When someone is insecure it’s because they’re aware of a trait about them that’s not easy to get rid of. People with insecurities take discomfort with traits about themselves they don’t like because they will be real traits they wish they did not have. To tell someone to not be insecure would be a form of telling someone to ignore something about themselves to convince them it’s not that much of a big deal. telling someone not to be insecure is like telling them to disregard something real about themselves. Insecurities remind people about the unpleasant truth about themselves.

I'm not big on this LGBT and inclusiveness agenda, but to me this whole "you need to be more confident" reeks of ableism. Just be confident despite your poor mental health and blazingly obvious bad looks.

Telling men to "just be more confident" is just another way for women to not feel as bad for rejecting ugly men. Because ugly men by default don't feel confident so the woman can always say that "well I just want a confident man!!" when what she means is that she wants a good looking and neurotypical low inhib guy instead of an ugly man.

If you are ugly of course you are going to be insecure,its natural also common sense.

Exactly
Something needs to back up your confidence, and it can't be faked

I'm not big on this LGBT and inclusiveness agenda, but to me this whole "you need to be more confident" reeks of ableism. Just be confident despite your poor mental health and blazingly obvious bad looks.

Telling men to "just be more confident" is just another way for women to not feel as bad for rejecting ugly men. Because ugly men by default don't feel confident so the woman can always say that "well I just want a confident man!!" when what she means is that she wants a good looking and neurotypical low inhib guy instead of an ugly man.
Most people know they’re only going to have genuine confidence if they’ve got something good about them going for them to the best of what will benefit them.

How am i supposed to be confident when everyone mogs me for my height, i get ostracized because im different, nobody wants to be my friend and even my parents dont like me ? Obviously you are gonna be depressed and defeated when 99% of the feedback you get is negative

Normies think one size fits all.

Being secure and confident has no meaning behind it anymore

If you don’t let your girlfriend have sex with her ex in your bed while you’re at work then you’re “insecure”