Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion I do not suffer much at all, yet cannot love life (and tentatively long for death)

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Veteran
★★
I just want to say that my childhood was quite normal, I was never beaten, I was an only child and always could count on my mom. Yet after the age of 13, I did indeed expand my picture of the world, of the subjectivity of morality - and approximately since then, I could never fully understand why a human would ever choose to live, would ever desire life. How can you regain your values after turning a nihilist?

The only things that I wish I had had in my childhood are:

1) self-respect - my dad was distant, and at the same time allowed the friends of the family to critique my mother's child rearing (so I always wanted to be from a rigid, respected family with traditions and so on);

2) a totalitarian state - I have always sucked up to the authority, and living after the fall of the USSR is quite hard for me.

But at the same time, my "suicidal ideation" (whatever that means) is deeper, philosophical in nature, and I suspect, it would never leave me even if I lived in my utopia. This is why if I could ever change my life, I would probably choose to live as a chimpanzee - a pure Darwinian struggle, kill or be killed, an existence unmarred by the understanding of the boundaries of living. (Although who knows, maybe the higher-IQ non-human animals think of such stuff, too.)

I am writing this because I consider the depression-less and pain-less suicidal ideation not nearly enough represented on the Internet.

My questions thus are: Was my childhood indeed happy, and am I merely bratty? Do I have a higher-than-average IQ that leads me to see through the lies of life? Or am I just an autistic moron (I never formed connections with my peers, only with my mom and teachers)?

At the same time, maybe this forum is not for me, as you might say, "People have legitimate grievances with life, and here you are, a privileged prick that gets everything handed to you, and yet you are unfulfilled and ungrateful." Mind you, nobody in my life spoke to me like this, this is purely my trying to be fair, not to run into delusions of either grandeur or of inferiority...

When people talk about how bad their childhood was... How bad their life is... I cannot but think that they are more fortunate than me - those who hate their fathers choose to go and live an independent life, have children. Whereas I don't want any of that and don't necessarily want to live (although I don't desire immediate death either). How can I make sense of it?

When I read the stories of people, I feel as if suffering helps them. Do I need to suffer? As a YouTube comedian Jreg once said, "I want to die in a war". Maybe I do not know the boundaries of life, being so sheltered? And yet, I cannot leave the thought that I can never make myself fully embrace life...

This is such a joke. I myself am a militant atheist through and through, and I despise supernatural religion, and yet I feel as if I'm deeply Christian - deeply long for death! Mark Twain and Tolkien's words about how man is but a guest ring true to my soul.

I didn’t had a bad childhood either

Was my childhood indeed happy, and am I merely bratty? Do I have a higher-than-average IQ that leads me to see through the lies of life? Or am I just an autistic moron (I never formed connections with my peers, only with my mom and teachers)?
1. No.
2. No.
3. Probably.

I cannot but think that they are more fortunate than me
Cope tbh. I know i would easily replace my life with one where i live in a post apocalypse if it meant i got my catgirl, life like this(despite the copes, food, water, roof over head) isn't really worth living. So yea, if it meant that i finally get what i want i would live out the rest of my life with the last human(alright half human) on this planet, 0 regrets.

militant atheist
Uber cope and bad tbh

It's indeed over for many man

How can you regain your values after turning a nihilist?
Long answer, you need to read the classical answers to that question, so, history of philosophy and history of religions. Then, read all the contemporary schools of thought. Then, form your own opinion about it. Maybe accept some ideas, maybe reject some others and think new ones, etc. Buddha, Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, Mainlander, Kierkegaard, Sartre, Heidegger, Zubiri, etc. were also seriously trying to give meaning to a pointless life, for example. I find their ideas very interesting, because you realize how many implicit assumptions remain under that question, that allow the question be just ONE question and LACK an answer. From most of those philosophers perspectives, the question is absurd and should be asked in a very different way.
Short answer, no.

My questions thus are: Was my childhood indeed happy, and am I merely bratty? Do I have a higher-than-average IQ that leads me to see through the lies of life? Or am I just an autistic moron (I never formed connections with my peers, only with my mom and teachers)?

Depends on the circumstances and your personal sensitivity. Probably both.
Probably yes, you have high IQ. Probably not, you are not seeing through the lies of life
Probably yes. Im an autistic moron too btw.

I cannot but think that they are more fortunate than me
There are many fakecels here, but also many fucked up users, so dont worry. You will find someone more unfortunate than you sooner or later.
. Whereas I don't want any of that and don't necessarily want to live (although I don't desire immediate death either). How can I make sense of it?

When I read the stories of people, I feel as if suffering helps them. Do I need to suffer? As a YouTube comedian Jreg once said, "I want to die in a war". Maybe I do not know the boundaries of life, being so sheltered? And yet, I cannot leave the thought that I can never make myself fully embrace life...
Typical youngcel thoughts. If you think you want and can ascend, do it. If not, youre welcome. You are going to regret not trying tho. So try to ascend, dont be a volcel or a fakecel. Try to embrace life, if u want, and if u can.
deeply long for death!
Dont we all

I just want to say that my childhood was quite normal, I was never beaten, I was an only child and always could count on my mom. Yet after the age of 13, I did indeed expand my picture of the world, of the subjectivity of morality - and approximately since then, I could never fully understand why a human would ever choose to live, would ever desire life. How can you regain your values after turning a nihilist?

The only things that I wish I had had in my childhood are:

1) self-respect - my dad was distant, and at the same time allowed the friends of the family to critique my mother's child rearing (so I always wanted to be from a rigid, respected family with traditions and so on);

2) a totalitarian state - I have always sucked up to the authority, and living after the fall of the USSR is quite hard for me.

But at the same time, my "suicidal ideation" (whatever that means) is deeper, philosophical in nature, and I suspect, it would never leave me even if I lived in my utopia. This is why if I could ever change my life, I would probably choose to live as a chimpanzee - a pure Darwinian struggle, kill or be killed, an existence unmarred by the understanding of the boundaries of living. (Although who knows, maybe the higher-IQ non-human animals think of such stuff, too.)

I am writing this because I consider the depression-less and pain-less suicidal ideation not nearly enough represented on the Internet.

At the same time, maybe this forum is not for me, as you might say, "People have legitimate grievances with life, and here you are, a privileged prick that gets everything handed to you, and yet you are unfulfilled and ungrateful." Mind you, nobody in my life spoke to me like this, this is purely my trying to be fair, not to run into delusions of either grandeur or of inferiority...

When people talk about how bad their childhood was... How bad their life is... I cannot but think that they are more fortunate than me - those who hate their fathers choose to go and live an independent life, have children. Whereas I don't want any of that and don't necessarily want to live (although I don't desire immediate death either). How can I make sense of it?

This is such a joke. I myself am a militant atheist through and through, and I despise supernatural religion, and yet I feel as if I'm deeply Christian - deeply long for death! Mark Twain and Tolkien's words about how man is but a guest ring true to my soul.
Ok GrAYcel

Seems like you've never been too interested in femoids in the first place.
Some of my most bitter memories come from trying to experience teen love while everyone around me started living it.

interesting read

How can you regain your values after turning a nihilist?

Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age Book by Seraphim Rose
The book explains how dangerous nihilism is and you might understand how to overcome it.
Especially good if u are an Ortodox Christian.

Being anti-religeous is cope imo