Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I dislike the DS

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
Personally I dislike the DS. It has a few games I like such as Mario, Zelda, Strange Journey and Ace Attorney but overall I think it was hindered by how gimmicky it was. Even good games like Zelda spirit tracks were negatively by gimmicks. There's only a few games on the DS like bowsers inside story that used the gimmicks well. GBA imo was a much better experience because it felt like a gaming machine above all and games weren't hindered by gimmicks. DS feels like a gimmicky toy for casuals and children.

I had a DS and 3DS as a child

DS was my very first console.

I dislike anything Nintendo that came out after N64.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
The ONLY game i like on that system

the ds was mostly a handheld for foids tbh.
most of the best selling games for it were caregiving sims like nintendogs and imagine games, and there was a fucking hell of a lot of thoses.

Yes, because it was around that time that it became fashionable for bearded soy gays to like games, and they all flocked to Nintendo titles.

most of the best selling games for it were caregiving sims like nintendogs and imagine games, and there was a fucking hell of a lot of thoses.
GBA the last non-soy Nintendo portable.

I love the DS, Get an R4 card and pirate games!

the DS was great in the moment but in the grand scheme of things it was wasn't all that great, and I'm saying this as someone who had a DS growing up

It's wasn't a failure the same way the Wii U was but I don't think it live up to the GameBoy either

DS was my very first console.
Same.

I dislike anything Nintendo that came out after N64.
GameCube mogs N64. Sorry. The only games N64 mogs GameCube in are Zelda.

Foids, old people, children

the DS was great in the moment but in the grand scheme of things it was wasn't all that great, and I'm saying this as someone who had a DS growing up

It's wasn't a failure the same way the Wii U was but I don't think it live up to the GameBoy either
It was just too much of a trend chaser. Gameboy and GBA focused on quality of titles and gameplay. DS was more concerned with finding ways to use gimmicks. I have fond memories of it but it's hard to revisit.
I love the DS, Get an R4 card and pirate games!
It is easy to pirate games on. True.

Personally I dislike the DS. It has a few games I like such as Mario, Zelda, Strange Journey and Ace Attorney but overall I think it was hindered by how gimmicky it was. Even good games like Zelda spirit tracks were negatively by gimmicks. There's only a few games on the DS like bowsers inside story that used the gimmicks well. GBA imo was a much better experience because it felt like a gaming machine above all and games weren't hindered by gimmicks. DS feels like a gimmicky toy for casuals and children.
I love portable gaming getting a steam deck soon also ds have better games at the time and got better with 3ds

Pokémon art studio & Disney art studio were cool. Literally taught how to draw.

In fairness to your post, I’ve outed myself as a casual; those things aren’t games.

i like the DS, some of that is because it could play GBA games aswell, this lead to me getting many "old" games cheap during the early years of the DS.

But i have to agree that some games suffered from the gimmicks, looking at you starfox command, fucking steering with the stylus, fun game still.

I dont like it

Original DS can run GBA games.
3DS can't. But 3DS has 3DS games.

I still have my 3DS but hardly ever play it anymore. The Mario and Kirby games were pretty fun and I also had Pokemon Red

I loved playing Pokémon Pearl in the DS back in the day, 'twas a great handheld console tbhngl

my ds/3ds were just pokemon machines