Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over I didnt want to believe that all is cope, guess that was also a cope.

Lookslikeit

Lookslikeit

Veteran
★★
I mean, isnt it weird how you cant escape it? Its just a single fucking word, yet it conveys everything you need to know about life and its adjacencies.

You can construct any cope you want out of this life, yet the cope part still remains. "I wanna build a legacy" "i want to kill xyz so i feel powerful/strong/wtv" " i wanna climb mount everest" "i want people to remember my name 2000 yrs from now" "i want to have kids and a family".

At the end of the day, its all useless striving. Its bulding castles of sand, one upon another... the question "for what?" Will remain unaswered no matter what you do.

Cope any way you want, still remains a cope. Even this post is a cope.

If you want to know for what, just imagine yourself being roasted alive. That is the strong negative pole of suffering / negative utility. And then imagine fucking the love of your life while high on meth. That is the weaker positive pole of happyness / positive utility. On the lower levels you might wonder about "why" but if you reach the higher levels you will be given a "why" that needs no explanation or further justification.

In a sense, simmering on a low but constant suffering setting with regular peaks of suffering not quite high enough to kill yourself is what we are going through. "Low" is kind of a bad word though, we suffer a lot, it's just that suffering as the strong pole has a pretty big ceiling for what is actually possible, so we are still towards the lower end in the suffering we go through in each individual moment for most of the day.

Anyways, if you encounter real joy or real suffering your desire for a "why" will be gone.

We on here probably already have some reasonably strong negative pole to flee from. Once you have a positive pole you are trying to reach that you a) believe you can actually get to, so you have real hope and have some path on which to travel towards your goal and b) you actually want to do it, not just as an instrumental goal to get something else, like getting a degree to get a high paying job to get rich to get laid, where you don't give a shit about steps 1-3 and actually only really want sex, but instead where what you are going towards is a true, unfalsified desire, once you get to that point "why" stops being such a big deal.