Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over I can't read books anymore

Blacktarpill

Blacktarpill

The pp183 theory
-
Yesterday i tried to read "The city of the sun" by Campanella. But my attention span is so bad that i couldnt read it.
Same with reading posts on this forum, when they are too long i usually cant read them. I wasnt like this, i used to read books a lot. I think being a media coonsumer fucks up your attention span. Its over. I want to read again. I havent finished 1 book since last year. And i used to finish 1 book every month minimum. That sucks hard.

Brutal bro brutal

Why everyone is replying with 1 word messages? Bec. i cant read??

i get you man, i've been reading the same book since september and im only on p.63 out of 317

Its over for can'treadcels

Relatable. My attention span has massively deteriorated. I have sunk to the level that I buy books that I don't even open at all, jfl. I used to read a lot of books in the past, too... I have become a walking corpse.

Last edited:
you have to push through it and get your attention span back. I find forcing myself to sit back and not try to rush everything has helped my abysmal attention span over time. Even if you are bored you should practice paying attention to things for more than 5 minutes.

Same, I have trouble finishing manga.
The last books I read are the two death note novels,they were pretty good tbh.

Same, I have trouble finishing manga.
The last books I read are the two death note novels,they were pretty good tbh.
I am reading Uzumaki by Jinji Uto(it only has 3 volumes) and im gonna start reading gantz

relatable.
i started reading again last summer(h.p.lovecraft tales) and at the beginning i couldn't focus for more than 20 minutes,
but it gradually gets better.

I still have a couple of Ron Paul books from 2008 that I haven't gotten around too, i've been meaning too, just can't.... I have read a few nutrition and self help books trying to cure my inceldom, that's it.

I made it half way through Jordan Peterson's book last year, the lobster analogy he had about depression was good.

I don't read a book since i started high school, it brings too much ptsd now

I have the same problem man it fucking sucks

Ive read 1 book the whole year

Can you give more details on this?
When i was in middle school i was bullied, so i used to read a lot and play games to escape reality.During summer when i was about to get into HS i read a book where the mc had cancer and it gave me an intense fear of illness which i still have now.I stopped reading and playing games since i was 13yo, so every time i try to get back into them, they bring back so many bad memories.I'm 19 now and still long for something to cope and spend time with

Too long, didn't read.

I am reading Uzumaki by Jinji Uto(it only has 3 volumes) and im gonna start reading gantz
Uzumaki was great.

I'm also planning to read Gantz,think I'll watch the film first tho

Read every word.

but yea i also don't have the attention span to read long posts unless i'm extremely interested which 95% of the time I'm not

Read every word.

but yea i also don't have the attention span to read long posts unless i'm extremely interested which 95% of the time I'm not
Yeah same. I rarely read long posts.

Same . my focus is adhd level unless its an extremely important essay or smth that has to be done

Yesterday i tried to read "The city of the sun" by Campanella. But my attention span is so bad that i couldnt read it.
Same with reading posts on this forum, when they are too long i usually cant read them. I wasnt like this, i used to read books a lot. I think being a media coonsumer fucks up your attention span. Its over. I want to read again. I havent finished 1 book since last year. And i used to finish 1 book every month minimum. That sucks hard.
Yeah fucking screens of TV, computers, mobile phones... Mess with our attention span. I also get distracted easily while reading. And if the book doesn't hold my interest I can't even get to the end.

Same happens to me, I still read but way slower and by short sessions, my atention span is destroyed, I didnt even finish reading this post

you need to find a book you really like, if you like at least one book, read more from that author

you need to find a book you really like, if you like at least one book, read more from that author
Even when i start to read something interesting i get distracted very easily.

Increasing my IQ didn't increase my earning potential.

No one watches tv or movies, let alone reads books, anymore ngl.

How old are you op?

Need to go to the gym regularly to repair the condition of your body... and get 8 hours of sleep during the dark... 10 pm-6 am

Also, a lot of people are deficient in iodine...and zinc

Last edited:
I wish i could read books but its really useless if it doesn't build a way for you to moneymaxx.

Its over, I have several books on my table that I havent read past first 20 pages, and a lot of books I didnt complete, like 20 or something

Increasing my IQ didn't increase my earning potential.

No one watches tv or movies, let alone reads books, anymore ngl.

How old are you op?
[/QUOTE]
Isn't IQ determined by genetics?

tldr

Me too I cant even finish 1 book anymore.

I did read all Philipa K. Dick novels though so that's nice.

I can't read fiction anymore, but non-fiction can still hold my attention.
Nowadays I can predict the blue-pilled plot just by reading the back cover, so any suspense or lasting interest in novels is deflated.

I agree with others here bringing up that with our computers and internet access, it is so easy to flip between multiple tabs of content depending on your whim.

Historical non-fiction, especially involving epidemics and wars, are what grip me.
Lets me mog the dead who died even earlier than my age. :feelsEhh:

Same bro. I used to chronically read books when I was little, if they were non-fiction. Now I don't have the attention span to read a picture book.

reads me

Same bro. I used to chronically read books when I was little, if they were non-fiction. Now I don't have the attention span to read a picture book.
over when childhood you would iq mog you today :feelscry:

the internet and instant gratification burns on your attention span

Isn't IQ determined by genetics?

Resting IQ could be genetic or it could be as a result of location, education and upbringing in a non disruptive learning environment.

I found my IQ went up as a result of reading books, after I left school, which lead people to believe I was intelligent.

That said your ideas are ignored if you are incel which I why I stopped reading or writing or contributing to society at large. I keep my redpill postings to myself and don't discuss them in public, as it should be.