Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over I cant cope with videogames anymore.

El3ctr1ck

El3ctr1ck

Recruit
★★★★
Videogames have been always be a good way to cope. But the older i get the faster i get bored from new videogames.
Now i am at a stage were i get bored in less that 2 weeks tried almost all type of game i like and eventually i always get bored.

Total War Rome 2 always the same making battles and making your empire bigger and bigger.
Imperium Civitas II buildng things and making your cityy bigger and bigger with more services.
City Skylines the same
Age of Empires III/Empire Earth/Imperium III battles and more battles
Mount and Blade II Bannerlord just battles and get more fiefs
MMORPGS are at the moment the best cope but finally i get bored once you have your character built. Always the same dungeos and always the same pvp game.

Need to cope with videogames to make my live as salaryman something worth to live for. But i always get bored faster and they have became almost useless to cope and i feel from now on videogames wont work as coping tool

Any game you use as PERMACOPE tool?

I've not tried yet spacial simulators and real live simulators, which i think i would like) such as No man's Sky,Star Citizen (never tried since i was told it is full of bugs) elite dangerous or second life, but i feel i will get bored of them again and feeling my self more miserable as i do when i get bored of previous videogames, Anyone have tried those games?

Mario 3 is always classic.

Normal with becoming older, you seek a higher purpose (wanting to start a family) and video games typically won't satisfy you anymore

Games are shit on your own anyway.

I wish I still enjoyed them like I did in my teens and 20s. I find them boring and frustrating now.

I cant cope with videogames anymore.​

Videogames have been always be a good way to cope. But the older i get the faster i get bored from new videogames.

That's the problem. The majority of the games I play are not new games.

I like them but I go on my pc too much to play them

It's a phase. I'm in my 30's and i still enjoy them. Try to focus on some story driven ones and then get back to some action/rpg/competitive multiplayer.

Videogames were the only redeeming light if my childhood.

It's a phase. I'm in my 30's and i still enjoy them. Try to focus on some story driven ones and then get back to some action/rpg/competitive multiplayer.
Lets hope so, but i dont think so.

My interest in videogames have been decresasing in the lastest years and now is lower than ever, I think this will happen the next years.
The point is. what am i going to use to endure my existence in my 30s 40s 50s etc? I dont see myself playing videogames with >35 yo

May be i could find some hobby or something, also creating something or making music as a way to trascend, but nowdays, creating art and creativity make no sense since there is so much offer and you need so much contacts to even exist that writting a book or creating a music album will end up in you getting frustrated and feeling miserable.

Multiplayer games are all that I can tolerate. But I have no friends to play them with.

you can always get addicted to league of legends.

Try rpg with several levels of gameplay.

We can say all we want about Bethesda, but in skyrim, but most importantly in Fallout 4 you had an infinite replayability because of that : it's an rpg with a certain level of choices, it's also a shooter, it's also a luck game if you use VAT, it's also a construction game once you unlock settlements (manors in Skyrim), you have a shit ton of minigames to find so you can play games ingame, etc. I think this is a dimension that is now essential in AAA openworld games : it's part of making the world feels big and realistic.

That's also why Cyberpunk feels bland and failed as it's barely a decent rpg, a bit of a race game (the Mafia franchise did better at implementing this gameplay in their games), and nothing more, even though it had A LOT of potential regarding the possible variations of gameplay.

Take a break from them and switch to reading books for awhile. You'll get back into them eventually.

same.
I tried to finish the evil within, but I don't even want to play it anymore.
It's a good game, but I can't enjoy playing anything right now.
The only game that I had played a few months ago that made me feel interested was Alan Wake.
tbh I'm tired of gaming I wish I could get a fucking job and do anything else than rot in my room

relateable even world of warcraft isnt as enjoyable as it used to be for me

you can try indie games.