Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion I can only think of two ways to increase serotonin

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
I've been thinking about this a bit today. About how competitive the adult world is. I think a lot of it comes down to a feeling of inadequacy about one's social life. Because I think those are the two ways (other than meds and things like that).

1) Have a good social life

2) Compete or do something you think is "impressive" in some way

Maybe this is why some people who are lonely just try to get bigger and bigger at the gym - to feel like they have something which is impressive.

Anywho, that's as far as I've gotten really XD

Thought it was worth sharing and seeing what others thought about this!

EDIT -- Oh, I'm basing all this on the idea that serotonin is the main thing that makes you feel... good about your life! Even if it's not I still think this is the behaviour that we see from people.

Last edited:
Cant wait to hop on steroids and overdose on serotonin.

Pepe toast

try escitalopram

try escitalopram

lol yah I know some people use meds for this.

Maybe I phrased this thread wrong in basing it around serotonin as opposed to just a good feeling about one's life. Really I was just thinking out loud.

In the absence of a good social life I think it's tricky, and usually people resort to just... trying to have more money or a nicer car or whatever it is. I'm not convinced that's a good way to do it though.