Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over I can no longer enjoy anime

• Thread starter Deleted member 17724
  • Start date
Deleted member 17724

Deleted member 17724

Banned
-
I've got a shitton of free time on my hand right now. In the past, I would have used this time to marathon an anime series. But it seems like I have become incapable of enjoying the medium anymore. Part of this is because it feels like I've seen all that's worth watching and I don't like rewatching stuff. So I can no longer experience the thrill of discovering a new high-quality series. It truly feels like the end of an era. For years, I did nothing but watch anime and now I'm all out of stuff to watch and I have no idea what to fill my time with. I feel lost. I mean, I could read books and watch live-action films (which I already do) but the act of watching an anime series over a certain amount of time used to give my meaningless existence some sort of purpose. Since I don't have a realistic lifegoal that I can work towards to, I have nothing to replace this sense of purpose with.

Read manga then

Since I don't have a realistic lifegoal that I can work towards to, I have nothing to replace this sense of purpose with.

I am going to read the berserk manga over the weekend. Maybe you should do the same.

Damn I hope i dont get to that point

Shit man, i hope your day isn't ruined because of it.

Read manga then
I don't like manga as much as anime. I started watching anime because I liked animation in general but western animation wasn't up to my standards.
I am going to read the berserk manga over the weekend. Maybe you should do the same.
I already read it. It goes to shit after Griffith uses the egg of the king.
Shit man, i hope your day isn't ruined because of it.
It actually was ruined because of it. :feelscry:

I never enjoyed it

I have never been able to enjoy it tbh

Im a very slow watcher and i dropped watching anime 9 or 8 Months ago, going to start again in a month maybe.

I could never really get into any of it aside from the surface level stuff

Same tbh, watching anime makes me feel like a childish failure.

It's not that I dont enjoy it anymore, it's that I've run out of shit to watch.

It's not that I dont enjoy it anymore, it's that I've run out of shit to watch.
Yeah, kind of the same thing for me. I've seen all the worthwhile stuff, the only thing that's left is the seasonal meme garbage that normalfags watch. I've been watching anime non-stop for years. It used to be so much fun randomly finding a great show that I had never heard of and then watching that for a week but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Same tbh, watching anime makes me feel like a childish failure.
If you've found your way unto this site, chances are you are just that. We are defeated biological organisms whose only purpose has been denied us and each breath we take implicitely yields to this fact

Try 80s anime.

Try 80s anime.
I already did. Like I said, I'm just out of stuff to watch. I have probably seen close to 500 series at this point.

time to rope buddy boyo
:feelsrope:

Play some anime games :feelstrash:

Okay, fuck it, I'll just go back to playing videogames. I guess I'm too high-T now to still enjoy anime because of Zinc and NoFap.

I like shounen anime if I wanna get away from the cute slice of life stuff. Good luck in rekindling your love of the animus.

Get into scifi
Stat trek and stargate are awesome

I like shounen anime if I wanna get away from the cute slice of life stuff. Good luck in rekindling your love of the animus.
No offense but I absolutely despise the shounen genre, the only good shounen I've seen is Fullmetal Alchemist but that's because it lacks all the tropes that I hate about the genre. Thanks anyway.
Get into scifi
Stat trek and stargate are awesome
No, it's gay.