Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR I broke up with my boyfriend

kay'

kay'

المانلة المعذّب
★★★★★

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/s/PMf3CgLecu

I (F25) broke up with my boyfriend (M27) because he is too short. Now I'm starting to regret it and want him back. I need some advice?

Im like a short girl myself at 5'1, he is like 5'6. We have been dating for 2 years and the relationship is was great. He's funny, smart, handsome, confident. He's successful, he's super romantic, and talented, he's an artist and plays music and sings. We had so much in common and the best boyfriend I ever had. Even though I'm short I've only ever been attracted to tall guys like 6ft and above because they looked more manly to me. I gave my boyfriend a chance and his personality won me over. However, I hate dealing with the fact that when I was dating him people didn't take us as a couple seriously. People treated us like children instead of adults, always pointing out how we make an adorable short couple, or how cute we look. People even call us a fun-size couple.

I have 2 sisters who are my height, and they both have tall boyfriends and everyone takes their relationships seriously and treats them like adults. After a while it started to get embarrassing to be honest and it only started to turn me off my boyfriend's height and started to make my attraction for taller men again. Also I'm just used to dating much larger guys. So basically like I broke up with him but I didn't tell him the truth, I just lied and told him I didn't feel compatible with him and we were drifting apart.

Some of my friends are supportive of my decision and said I have the right to my preferences and don't need to justify who I find attractive and that I should never settle, but some of my other friends said I was shallow for my decision especially when he was such a good boyfriend and I shouldn't care about other people looking down on us. Sometimes I feel I made the right decision because I can't take how people treat us and I do feel like I'm lowering my preferences. But other times I'm starting to regret my decision, and I want to get back with him because he was the most perfect boyfriend I ever had. I'm not sure anymore. I know on some level it shouldn't matter, girls taller than me dated guys shorter than my Ex with no problems, but for whatever reasons, it just bothers me deep down. But at the same time, I like him as a person so much. If he was taller he would have been perfect.

It's kind of hard to know what's right because one minute society tells us that looks are shallow and it's personality that counts in the end of the day, then the other minute they tell us to never settle and that we are entitled to our preferences. So I'm kind of stuck between these 2 mindsets.

Should I try to get back with him? Should I tell him the truth? Any advice on my situation?

I (F25) broke up with my boyfriend (M27) because he is too short. Now I'm starting to regret it and want him back. I need some advice?

Im like a short girl myself at 5'1, he is like 5'6. We have been dating for 2 years and the relationship is was great. He's funny, smart, handsome, confident. He's successful, he's super romantic, and talented, he's an artist and plays music and sings. We had so much in common and the best boyfriend I ever had. Even though I'm short I've only ever been attracted to tall guys like 6ft and above because they looked more manly to me. I gave my boyfriend a chance and his personality won me over. However, I hate dealing with the fact that when I was dating him people didn't take us as a couple seriously. People treated us like children instead of adults, always pointing out how we make an adorable short couple, or how cute we look. People even call us a fun-size couple.

I have 2 sisters who are my height, and they both have tall boyfriends and everyone takes their relationships seriously and treats them like adults. After a while it started to get embarrassing to be honest and it only started to turn me off my boyfriend's height and started to make my attraction for taller men again. Also I'm just used to dating much larger guys. So basically like I broke up with him but I didn't tell him the truth, I just lied and told him I didn't feel compatible with him and we were drifting apart.

Some of my friends are supportive of my decision and said I have the right to my preferences and don't need to justify who I find attractive and that I should never settle, but some of my other friends said I was shallow for my decision especially when he was such a good boyfriend and I shouldn't care about other people looking down on us. Sometimes I feel I made the right decision because I can't take how people treat us and I do feel like I'm lowering my preferences. But other times I'm starting to regret my decision, and I want to get back with him because he was the most perfect boyfriend I ever had. I'm not sure anymore. I know on some level it shouldn't matter, girls taller than me dated guys shorter than my Ex with no problems, but for whatever reasons, it just bothers me deep down. But at the same time, I like him as a person so much. If he was taller he would have been perfect.

It's kind of hard to know what's right because one minute society tells us that looks are shallow and it's personality that counts in the end of the day, then the other minute they tell us to never settle and that we are entitled to our preferences. So I'm kind of stuck between these 2 mindsets.

Should I try to get back with him? Should I tell him the truth? Any advice on my situation?

Dnr

He's funny, smart, handsome, confident. He's successful, he's super romantic, and talented, he's an artist and plays music and sings. We had so much in common and the best boyfriend I ever had.
:forcedsmile: :forcedsmile:

maybe this is extreme social isolation talking but it's insane to me people ask their friends and act off what they think
that's like posting anecdotes
what if your friends are wrong?
like, if she thinks it's a bad decision, it likely was. She feels that way based on knowing who the guy was. Instead she asks friends whose answers are based on their principle of either 'you are shallow' or 'you deserve to have preferences' but neither of those are as reliable sources as... your own fucking regret :feelsUgh:
same with posting it on reddit. What the fuck do they know except 1 of the 2 above principles?
foids man
they all do this

It's always the same jfl

She represents the hivemind in action, when it comes to height priority

that account doesn't seem to have posted anything other than this. it's 99% a LARP

moid hands wrote this

Thank u for enlightening us god of reddit
thank you I am always on the look out for MOIDS and their devious handiwork

send this to IT

Notice how even though the shortcel in question has pretty much all the traits that, according to society and soyedditors, one needs to be successfull with foids yet she still leaves him because of his genetics? he is funny, he is smart, he is confident, he is handsome, he is succsseful, he is romantic, he is talented, and yet that is still not enough to make up for his genetics.

Another thing I find funny is how she tries to frame her love for tallfags is a "prefernce" as if its only her and its not something that 100 percent of foids prefer

maybe this is extreme social isolation talking but it's insane to me people ask their friends and act off what they think
that's like posting anecdotes
what if your friends are wrong?
like, if she thinks it's a bad decision, it likely was. She feels that way based on knowing who the guy was. Instead she asks friends whose answers are based on their principle of either 'you are shallow' or 'you deserve to have preferences' but neither of those are as reliable sources as... your own fucking regret :feelsUgh:
same with posting it on reddit. What the fuck do they know except 1 of the 2 above principles?
foids man
they all do this
Ur a sperg its not about getting good objective advice, normies act based on what other people think since they crave social validaiton, they want to do what the hive mind approves of, not whats right hence why they ask for their friends opinions so they can do what they say

Peer pressured into prefering height