Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel I am on Linux

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
It is Linux Mint MATE running off of a pendrive.

My old hard disk with Windows 10 on it died recently so I bought this pendrive with Linux preinstalled for... £10 or so.

I know I could have made it myself but this seemed simpler.

It's good! I haven't used Linux in ages but I used to use it lots. Runs very well :D

Does anyone else use it? Or has used it?

never used it

It was a good choice for just getting my PC up and running fast, I think.

No install, no nothing really. Just stuck the pendrive in the PC and turned it on, pretty much.

Modern Windows is a lot of hard work I think!

haven't seen u in a while how have u been?

I installed Linux Mint on my old laptop. I don't use it much, but it runs fine.

i sometimes use it
it also runs on my sERvER

haven't seen u in a while how have u been?

Yeah good! I wasn't on here because of these technical issues, lol

How are you?

If you can't even install and boot mint, Linux is not for you

I can install it but... for now it seems to be running fine from a pendrive so I figure I'll see how it goes this way.

It also has persistence and it's a fairly big drive.

There's also Mint Debian Edition. Never used it but seems interesting as it's not based on Ubuntu, which makes it a fork of a fork :feelshaha:

There's also Mint Debian Edition. Never used it but seems interesting as it's not based on Ubuntu, which makes it a fork of a fork :feelshaha:

I've never tried that one. I wonder which desktop it uses.

I've used Cinnamon, MATE and Xfce. I find MATE the most balanced of those three.

I forgot how much I love Linux tbh. This is amazing :D

Linux at work
Windows at home

all modern games work except anti cheat botnets like valorant

I guess these days a lot more games work on Linux than in the past.

Years back I was very limited with gaming as I was on Linux. But it didn't bother me too much because I had consoles and also... I found that the games I could play had really fun communities because they were also Linux gamers.

I'm on Linux too!

Oh nice! Which distro?

I think lots look good but I just know Mint quite well know so I thought I'd stick to what I was confident would work for me! So that meant Mint and MATE!

I bounced around Linux last year between, ubuntu, linux mint, opensuse, zorin and pop! OS. I can tell you that Pop! OS was the most stable and usable of all those. The install process for a dual boot takes some figuring out but after that it just works. All my programs and applications work, steam installed perfectly.

I bounced around Linux last year between, ubuntu, linux mint, opensuse, zorin and pop! OS. I can tell you that Pop! OS was the most stable and usable of all those. The install process for a dual boot takes some figuring out but after that it just works. All my programs and applications work, steam installed perfectly.

Interesting!

I mean, I didn't choose Mint MATE because I thought it was necessarily the best. I just know it well and knew it would at least be pretty solid!

I'll take a look into Pop more ^^

I use brave

Usually I do too although that's a browser not an operating system!

Currently I'm using Firefox but only because it came with Mint and I'm set up on it now.

Interesting!

I mean, I didn't choose Mint MATE because I thought it was necessarily the best. I just know it well and knew it would at least be pretty solid!

I'll take a look into Pop more ^^

Usually I do too although that's a browser not an operating system!

Currently I'm using Firefox but only because it came with Mint and I'm set up on it now.
Pop is very popular...

So is mint. I use Debian bookworm. On RPI

Also puppy if you're on a really old machine.

Pop is very popular...

So is mint. I use Debian bookworm. On RPI

Also puppy if you're on a really old machine.

I don't know these words XD

What is bookworm and what is RPI?

Puppy Linux I know :D

brutal paypill

lol a weird thing is that back in the day when I first tried Linux I actually bought a BOXED copy for £35!

It was Suse Linux from a big PC store and came with a big instruction manual! I happened to have store credit so I spent it on that.

And I got a really useful book on Linux from the library too!

Anywho erm, it was very useful to have all that as a newbie and it really helped me to learn about it ^_^

A distro

Like what mate is to mint

A single board computer

I like puppies!

Hm. MATE is actually a desktop environment not a distro ^^

And that's interesting about the single board machine I'll have to investigate that one!

And yah puppies are great ^_^

EDIT -- Oh a Raspberry Pi! I've never heard the RPI acronym for it before!

Last edited:
Raspberry pi 5

Yeah I realised it stood for that when I looked it up on duckduckgo!

And oh Bookworm is a Debian version codename!

Yeah I know Linux well enough to know that Ubuntu is based on Debian and Mint is based on Ubuntu ^_^

I never actually managed to successfully install Debian and neither did my best friend at the time who was studying Computer Science, lol

Maybe the install has become easier since then though! I think even Linus Torvalds said it was difficult to install! XD

Yeah I realised it stood for that when I looked it up on duckduckgo!

And oh Bookworm is a Debian version codename!

Yeah I know Linux well enough to know that Ubuntu is based on Debian and Mint is based on Ubuntu ^_^
I didn't know that!
I never actually managed to successfully install Debian and neither did my best friend at the time who was studying Computer Science, lol

Maybe the install has become easier since then though! I think even Linus Torvalds said it was difficult to install! XD
I think there's a puppy version on Debian? Not sure.

While Ubuntu is good, I don't like there demands for identity

I think there's a puppy version on Debian? Not sure.

Erm... as I remember I think Puppy Linux is a very small distribution that you usually run live off of CD or pendrive. But that's just my best recollection ^_^

I'm not sure if it's based on Debian... I don't THINK so.

While Ubuntu is good, I don't like there demands for identity

Yeah I've heard the default settings are quite invasive of privacy. It's a bit Mac-like and bloated for my tastes though! MATE is a much more lightweight and simple desktop environment ^^

Does anyone else use it? Or has used it?
I have used probably 10s of distros. Was a real Linux nerd when I was younger, however nowadays because good devices are so cucked they always bitch and moan whenever you partition their memory or when you boot something externally.

I'd have to get an old ThinkPad in order to make that my Linux machine, but it is too much of a hassle.

Linux is comfy and judging by all metrics more efficient than the Microsoft or Mc bloat.

NEVER USE GNOME

i dont wanna hear about this fruity programmer shit, linux or apple idc

I have used probably 10s of distros. Was a real Linux nerd when I was younger, however nowadays because good devices are so cucked they always bitch and moan whenever you partition their memory or when you boot something externally.

I'd have to get an old ThinkPad in order to make that my Linux machine, but it is too much of a hassle.

Linux is comfy and judging by all metrics more efficient than the Microsoft or Mc bloat.

Oh are computers really that bad these days?

And yeah modern Windows is pretty shocking really.

Oh are computers really that bad these days?
Yeah. After you remote boot they want you to reset the bios settings otherwise the computer won't boot. Some bs security feature that is obviously anti Linux