Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I absolutely suck at working out jfl

• Thread starter Deleted member 31869
  • Start date
Deleted member 31869

Deleted member 31869

Just pass me the rope
-
A while ago I tried to get into the habit of doing some push ups every day. I did so for a few months, saw no change in my arms, got frustrated and gave up.

Rn, since I've given up on my arms, I'm trying to get defined abs so I don't look like an absolute loser when in a pool, or with a girl if I ever ascend by some miracle.

I'm also losing weight rn, but I'd like to have defined abs by the time my body fat is low enough that they may be visible, if that makes sense. So what I'm doing is using this ab roller thing that I bought (look it up), it's extremely hard to use, I did so for like 10 mins about a week ago, and my muscles still hurt and I still can't stand doing more than a few rolls rn, even doing one hurts.

Am I doing something wrong or just incredibly weak?

:feelsrope:ovER

Gymmaxxing is cope.
There is no exercise for your face.
Foids would rather be with a skinny guy that has a pretty face than a roidmaxxed ugly subhuman.

From what I understand exercise alone doesn't build your muscles. You need to eat a shit ton to build muscle (and it can be next to impossible if you have shit genetics), which conflicts with your goal of losing weight.

- do the big 3 excersises squats, benchpress, deadlift.
-mealprep
- if you go to a gym avoid beginner mistakes like to much cardio, or using useless gymmachines.

-mealprep
- if you go to a gym avoid beginner mistakes like to much cardio, or using useless gymmachines.
Good advice

From what I understand exercise alone doesn't build your muscles. You need to eat a shit ton to build muscle (and it can be next to impossible if you have shit genetics), which conflicts with your goal of losing weight.
True u need calories surplus to gain muscle. Very hard to gain muscle while losing weight unless you use steroids

True u need calories surplus to gain muscle. Very hard to gain muscle while losing weight unless you use steroids

i have more than enough calories from the fat im trying to lose though

i have more than enough calories from the fat im trying to lose though
sadly doesn't work that way, I found out the hard way and wasted months. either choose to lose weight or muscle max. You can only do one route or the other. I am currently only doing cardio at the gym to lose weight and later will swap back to bulking for muscle gain.

-mealprep
Do you have tips on how to start lifting?
I only use machines and dumbells. Lifting seems really great, but I don't know how to properly do it, and I don't want to hurt my back during a deadlift for example so I don't know how to start. I always feel a bit intimidated when I'm in the gym

use steroids to build muscle

You can't just do a few pushups. You need to do hundreds of them every day. Like in the military where they just do pushups, jumping jacks, and run literally all day long. Those guys get super jacked, and they aren't using machines in a gym and aren't doing "3 sets of each, 3 days per week", they are just working out constantly.

Do you have tips on how to start lifting?
I only use machines and dumbells. Lifting seems really great, but I don't know how to properly do it, and I don't want to hurt my back during a deadlift for example so I don't know how to start. I always feel a bit intimidated when I'm in the gym
You should just ask for help!
I was in the same position when i started lifting, luckily our gym had an very experienced trainer. I paid for 5 privat sessions with him, we focussed on deadlifts and squats. Never injured myself in 5 years of training.

There is no gym for your face or height.

sadly doesn't work that way, I found out the hard way and wasted months. either choose to lose weight or muscle max. You can only do one route or the other.
True. I have found that out the hard way as well. It's also very demotivating to get weaker at the gym when you start cutting in an attempt to "recomp" your body.

Best method is to leanmaxx first and then you can musclemaxx at slight surplus.
but I don't know how to properly do it, and I don't want to hurt my back during a deadlift for example so I don't know how to start.
Most important thing is to remember to hold your breath/flex your core muscles while doing the lifts. Bunch of youtubers neglected to say that and I had to find out that basic shit from a forum or something. Got sore tailbone first few times I attempted to lift and quit. Flexing core and holding breath is key.

Last edited:
True. I have found that out the hard way as well. It's also very demotivating to get weaker at the gym when you start cutting in an attempt to "recomp" your body.

Best method is to leanmaxx first and then you can musclemaxx at slight surplus.

Most important thing is to remember to hold your breath/flex your core muscles while doing the lifts. Bunch of youtubers neglected to say that and I had to find out that basic shit from a forum or something. Got sore tailbone first few times I attempted to lift and quit. Flexing core and holding breath is key.
yeah it's unfortunate we can't do both weight and muscle max at once unless use roids. shit cursed planet

yeah it's unfortunate we can't do both weight and muscle max at once unless use roids. shit cursed planet
Yeah sucks how T drops from a little deficit. I think recomp can work if you need to lose like 10-15 pounds. During that you can get the newbie newbie gains for like a couple of months while being in a deficit. However if you need to lose a pile of weight like 50 pounds or more then you will eventually flatline and getting weaker will be demotivating.

sadly doesn't work that way, I found out the hard way and wasted months. either choose to lose weight or muscle max. You can only do one route or the other. I am currently only doing cardio at the gym to lose weight and later will swap back to bulking for muscle gain.
:feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope: