Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope hypothetically I could start coping with alcohol right now tbh [ALCOHOLICS GTFIH]

shii410

shii410

I'm not black I'm O. J.
★★★★★
I am not old enough to legally purchase or consume alcohol in my country but my family keeps a shit ton of it in the refrigerator. hypothetically, (not that I will as I do not commit or condone any illegal activities) I could just walk over there and drink as much as I want right now. I wouldn't need to worry about getting caught since everyone in my family is an alcoholic and no one will notice a few bottles going missing

@alcoholcels thoughts? when did you start drinking and do you think it is worth the long term health effects?

It's only a good cope if you plan to rope in the future anyway tbh

I don't like the feeling of being drunk. Plus it makes me sick now. If you're Asian, you shouldn't drink because you have a gene that makes it worse for your health.

@FrailPaleStaleMale

i'm an alcoholic and it will get really bad very quickly

If you do get into it go slow and limit it to one to two nights a week at most. I sadly have gone down the rabbit hole and there are many weeks where I get pass out drunk 4 to 5 days. I drink the hard stuff to whiskey and vodka. As for the health issues it’s a gamble tbh. I’ve talked with people that drink a 1/5 of vodka every single day and they’ve been doing it for decades and they are still going. On the other hand I’ve seen similar drinking habits kills people in their 30s. It’s a risky game and if you do die from it I hear it is one of the most painful ways to go on the planet.

I like alcohol, I've been drinking it since 2006 and 2018-2019 I hit it hard, even if I didn't develop alcoholism

Start slow and figure out what your limits are

It is both a life saver and a life wrecker

Thx

Also OP. I'll need some details. Alcohol is a great cope. Are you able to handle alcohol? I don't really want to encourage the addiction to the point. My organs are dependent on alcohol and it fucking hurts and you lose your motor skills when you don't drink.

But that is rare, you'd have to drink constantly, and a lot, for a long time. So how are you.trying to go about this cope? Because it is a good one. If you want to long term alcohol cope. Let's find an avenue where you don't become physically dependant
have never tried it so not totally sure. I am kind of at risk for developing addictions just because I'm depressed with a bunch of free time and nothing to do. but I'm also capable of exercising self restraint when I actually feel motivated to do so.

I'm probably able to restrain myself from excessively indulging in alcohol. my big concern is just the long term effects of mild alcohol usage, although it seems like most people my age drink socially at parties or with friends anyway. (I am about to graduate from HS for reference)

Last edited:
I am not old enough to legally purchase or consume alcohol in my country but my family keeps a shit ton of it in the refrigerator. hypothetically, (not that I will as I do not commit or condone any illegal activities) I could just walk over there and drink as much as I want right now. I wouldn't need to worry about getting caught since everyone in my family is an alcoholic and no one will notice a few bottles going missing

@alcoholcels thoughts? when did you start drinking and do you think it is worth the long term health effects?
Have never gotten drunk before? I think you should try tbh, look up some good recipes online for the stuff you have. Personally I love drinking, don't even need a lot to feel better.

Have never gotten drunk before? I think you should try tbh, look up some good recipes online for the stuff you have. Personally I love drinking, don't even need a lot to feel better.
What if the taste of alcoholic drinks repulses you?

What if the taste of alcoholic drinks repulses you?
I think it does to most people at first, you will learn to like it. You can make drinks that just tastes likes sodas with barely no alcohol taste in them anyway.

I think it does to most people at first, you will learn to like it. You can make drinks that just tastes likes sodas with barely no alcohol taste in them anyway.
I really tried on numerous occasions but it hasn't worked out. Also I hate soda too because I can't stand the fizz --- it hurts like hell.

I wouldnt know tbh, never drank alcohol. I dont like how it tastes and my family is also full of alcoholics so I’m worried I’d develop it.

I've thought about it many times, but at the end it comes down to cost and effect. First of all, alcohol isn't cheap, especially if you want to make a habit out of it. Secondly, the dangers of succumbing to alcoholism are just too high to be worth it. I've known alcoholics, their lifestyle leads to nothing but misery, and the people around you will hate you even more for it. On a final note, don't rely on it too much if you're depressed, that's how you end up becoming an alcoholic.

Long term effects:
Your skin will become shit, you will shit liquid shit all the time, you smell bad, your IQ drops....

Still worth it ngl