Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How XOR can be used

• Thread starter Deleted member 18193
  • Start date
Deleted member 18193

Deleted member 18193

incel on incels.is
-
The half adder adds two single binary digits A and B. It has two outputs, sum (S) and carry (C). The carry signal represents an overflow into the next digit of a multi-digit addition. The value of the sum is 2C + S. The simplest half-adder design, pictured on the right, incorporates an XOR gate for S and an AND gate for C. The Boolean logic for the sum (in this case S) will be A′B + AB′ whereas for the carry (C) will be AB. With the addition of an OR gate to combine their carry outputs, two half adders can be combined to make a full adder.[1] The half adder adds two input bits and generates a carry and sum, which are the two outputs of a half adder. The input variables of a half adder are called the augend and addend bits. The output variables are the sum and carry.

Logic gates me

Yes that formula is based becuse A′B + AB′ whereas for the carry (C) will be AB.

he caught the :banhammer:

didnt read
Ah yes. My mistake for not adding a tldr. I believe I have a solution my brother. :feelsokman:This wikipedia article nicely sums up the application of the logic gates in adders. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adder_(electronics)
You will enjoy it, heck its only a 1 hour read, which aint bad by .co standards.
(Or you could just ignore the sometimes engrossed ramblings of an autistic man)