Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How would you design a house/flat?

L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
I am talking about interior design (like colors/furniture/technical equipment/other decoration/art/etc.)? Let's say money wouldn't play a role in that hypothetical scenario. Am just interested in the general aesthetics you would choose.

Personal choices:
  • general colours: I personally like a sterile white colour for the walls, ordinary parquetry would be sufficient
  • furniture: like everything that involves glass/metall, would want a work table like that (especially like the glass tables with world maps on them, because they are quite interesting when you are bored), I would also like glass cabinets/display cases at the walls displaying books/various decoratory items, a white couch and a chair too
  • plants: would definetely like to have some plants there, especially carnivorous plants (you can keep them in ordinary water glasses pretty easily and then you can place them in the proximity of a window, for the bigger ones you can use class containers; I think of butterwort/bladderwort/sundew/venus fly traps) and cacti/euphorbiaceans
  • decoratory items: would like to present interesting stuff in display cases; I could personally think of displaying some fossils like ammonites/trilobites, some minerals or some animal preparates - like bones (especially skulls), invertebrate collections, clearing and staining preparates or just exuviae, would love to have a snake skeleton on my working desk
  • technological equipment: some lamp for the desk, a PC (with at least one monitor), a printer and a TV screen
  • posters: would like to have a poster of some photos I took (like landscapes/animals) or some poster of interesting stuff (like clearing and staining preparates or maybe some shit from Iceland), also some informational stuff (like basics of anatomy/physiology or a map of my country)
  • other stuff: one/more aquarium(s), especially a nano aquarium can look aesthetically pleasing, but I would totally like to have aquariums with more interesting fish (like Xenentodon/Hepsetus/Hoplias/Pantodon/Channa/Parachanna/frogfish/Thalassophryne/etc., most likely would get Belonesox irl because it looks aesthetic and stays small) or pipids/semi-aquatic spiders, terrarium(s) would also be very nice (especially for geckos/dendrobatids/anolis/arboreal alligator lizards they can be designed aesthetically, natural plants would be a must-have for me)

Last edited:
I'm no architect so I don't know much about these things but if I had to decide I would choose a house which follows minimalistic architecture
Minimal Architecture

Images 92

Images 91

Images 90

Images 89

It looks so neat and nice

Beautiful colour patterns tbh.
I think it's the contrast between light and dark colours ( like pure black to pure white ) which makes this pattern look good.
Beautiful colour patterns tbh.
I think it's the contrast between light and dark colours ( like pure black to pure white ) which makes this pattern look good.

As minimalist as I can. I don't like Living in large spaces so the rooms would be average size. White and grey walls, With a office and 2 bedrooms, a average kitchen that is connected to the living room. I would want it to be open plan. If it was an apartment I would want it to be on the top floor of a skyscraper. If it was a house I would want it to be in the middle of nowhere, next to a Large lake and mountain. It is specific but I know what I like.

torture basement

if i could, i would love to live in a basilica or cathedral. i like the religious overtones.

The saint’s stained glass is pretty too

Ever been to Sagrada Familia? i wish i could live in some room there

i don't even know, i just want a room to be left alone in