Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious how would you broadly define degenerate behavior and what is the opposite?

Wiz32BlackJiggaboo

Wiz32BlackJiggaboo

Paragon
★★★★★
I'm trying to think of an antonym here and struggling... just generate? If the opposite of desist is to persist then perhaps pergenerate? Dunno.

Progress/Regress might be a better way to term it.

Is it things which degrade certain cultural values? Can we necessarily agree on what values those are?

Sometimes I wonder if it's too broad a term because it assumes we agree on what degeneration is, or understand what specifically we're talking about degenerating.

Even though it's a broad term it seems in use (at least in our circles) to refer to something in the way of sexual morals for some reason. Even though you'd think that'd just be one of several ways you could degenerate, so it should deserve "sexual degeneracy" or something more specific.

I think the opposite would be very conservative. Like a very religious traditional person who believes in modesty and pair bonding as well as traditional gender roles.

This is where a standard dictionary definition suffices. See if you can spot the correct one.

degeneracy and temperance?
temperance is a heavenly virtue, whereas lust is a deadly sin.

A fag like you is the perfect example

In one of its meanings the word degeneracy denotes sexual immorality and anything that stems from it. The opposite would be pure or moral.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back