Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How was smoking invented?

FinnCel

FinnCel

Alcoholcel
★★★★★
Like most of the time you encounter smoke, it's bad for you but someone noticed you feel good if you smoke tobacco or hemp

Trial and error.

Idk maybe he is just somw crazy ass monkey.

Forest fire or something and they smelt the tobacco burning and enjoyed the smell and how it made them feel. Native Americans were doing it for hundreds, if not thousands of years before Europeans.

I think it was a guy called John Cigarette who invented it.

I'm pretty sure it started with native americans. Back then they used campfires for cooking and heating, so it's likely some of them encountered the naturally growing tobacco in central/south america and used it in a fire. Over time they must have figured out that the smoke that came out of it affected them differently than normal wood smoke.

Wasn't it discovered by Sir Walter Raliegh?

The Lakota was first given the pipe from the White Buffalo Woman.

They smoked bear-berry leaves. "Kenekanek" (sp?)

Probably by some crazy asian old man

Btw I was stoned when I made this topic :feelskek:

kind of like tea i think, some leaf fell on a water cup and produced a taste, maybe some burning weed plant produced a high and people noticed it

Trial and lots of error

maybe for some comanches or apaches who were bored