Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How to motivate myself to study??!?!?!?!?!??!?! DEADLINE SUNDAY

Allblueeeee

Allblueeeee

Knajjd is life <3-Knajjd Fanclub Leader-Midfacecel
Please only useful tips. I just cant focus for more than 5 minutes. Please help me, I don't have much time left.
& please no "just turn off the computer" tips.

helpepepe

Don't take blackpills when you have to study, it destroys your motivation

Close everything u do go to libary turn phone off
Ask somebody (mum dad) to stare at u. Or study in kitchen. :feelstrash:

Don't know, I also have this problem.
It isn't even a technology addiction problem because I will literally read a book instead of studying.

Use Anki to learn new stuff

Close everything u do go to libary turn phone off
Ask somebody (mum dad) to stare at u. Or study in kitchen. :feelstrash:
Legit advice coming from the trashcan cow

bump. also how should i study for chemistry i have a final tomorrow but idk what to study

Don't take blackpills when you have to study, it destroys your motivation
Yes, you basically have to BS yourself a bit that your effort will yield results. But its not always BS it depends on what you are studying.
I think that studying for the sake of studying is good enough.

study in places other than ur room

You will have to take that class again and it will be suifuel so pass that danm project OP.

Think of how relaxing it would be to LDAR for a few days without worrying about deadline. This can only be achieved by passing

request a ban and put on some music and study somewhere outdoors if you have. also think of the money you can make once u finish if thats any motivatino

It's a conditioned response caused by reinforcement of neurological pathways in your brain. The more you do an activity, the more you have a tendency to do that activity in that way. For example, someone who always buys the same things at the grocery store will go on autopilot while shopping, in your case it's because every time you try to study, you immediately switch away from your task, so your brain has developed this mental pathway caused by always doing this behaviour.

If I may make a suggestion, try breaking your routine and doing things in a different way than you usually do. This will make it easier to do things differently because since it is a new stimulus your brain doesn't already have a conditioned response ready.

For example, bring your books with you and study somewhere else than you usually do like a library. Wearing different clothes, (in the case of lazy NEETS, being fully clothed), or doing your work in a different room of the house than you usually do are also good methods. I also found that waking up early in the morning helped me break my old habits and lazy routines.

The key here is that things have to be different than what you are used to, and you have to force your brain to associate this new stimulus with being productive. It's gotten to the point that for me, I subconsciously associate getting dressed in formal or semi-formal clothing with getting work done, and wearing shitty track pants with being lazy.

Give up studying and become a trucker

Dont see study as a torture think in it as a tool i know bit if you say it's Easy youll get it all

Can’t help you

I never could. It all seemed too pointless. That's why i ended up dropping out.

It's a conditioned response caused by reinforcement of neurological pathways in your brain. The more you do an activity, the more you have a tendency to do that activity in that way. For example, someone who always buys the same things at the grocery store will go on autopilot while shopping, in your case it's because every time you try to study, you immediately switch away from your task, so your brain has developed this mental pathway caused by always doing this behaviour.

If I may make a suggestion, try breaking your routine and doing things in a different way than you usually do. This will make it easier to do things differently because since it is a new stimulus your brain doesn't already have a conditioned response ready.

For example, bring your books with you and study somewhere else than you usually do like a library. Wearing different clothes, (in the case of lazy NEETS, being fully clothed), or doing your work in a different room of the house than you usually do are also good methods. I also found that waking up early in the morning helped me break my old habits and lazy routines.

The key here is that things have to be different than what you are used to, and you have to force your brain to associate this new stimulus with being productive. It's gotten to the point that for me, I subconsciously associate getting dressed in formal or semi-formal clothing with getting work done, and wearing shitty track pants with being lazy.
Do what dis guy said OP ded srs it is helpful stuff for me aswell cuz I have shit work ethic and discipline

have you tried study drugs? they give you laser focus for 10 hours straight, though you tend to crash after

It's over just LDAR

It's pointless.

I had a big test today but I didn't study so I just didn't go :feelsthink:

I tend to like to understand the questions.
Simple example: 1+1 is || making 2
Harder example: 8x•8y 8×8is 64 then put the letters behind in order making 64xy

•=×

Just get your hands on a summary made by some studious geek from your class and read through it a couple of times.

Don't people in your class have a group somewhere? Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram or whatever?

don't browse .co

Studying is for cucks go neet

Helpful advice, I'll try this out

Try Adderall buddy boyo but always remember, there's no school for your face

Don't know, I also have this problem.
It isn't even a technology addiction problem because I will literally read a book instead of studying.

Same unfortunately tbh.

Procrastination is the thief of time.

Forgot to respond.
Thank you man. It somehow worked for me. I'll save this post for the future. Really good advice DEDSRS
:heart:

Just give up tbh