Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How to develop a basic social skills as an adult?

Limitcel

Limitcel

Matthew 25-29 / Eppur si muove
★★
I think I have the social skills of a 8 year old kid

no one here knows

no such thing

just grow 3 feet taller

It’s gonna sound redpilled but i think what could help would be dave carnegie’s how to win friends and influence people it can help in certain situations
I remember one time my freshman year of highschool timei my phone got taken away from my teacher for using it without her permission and in one of the rules is to basically kinda jestermax yourself so what i did was basically over apologize to her (i had to make it look legit and not like i was bullshitting her) and kept over apologizing til she eventually gave me my phone back

Beyond basic courtesy there's no such thing as social skills.

If you're an ugly man, you have no reason to talk to other people, because you will just face negative emotions from interacting with others. But people will think that you have "bad social skills." They really don't understand this. If interacting with other people was rewarding and fun, you would be doing it 24/7 like Chads and Stacies do. For them other people are a source of validation, security and entertainment, for people like you and me other people are a source of bullying, stress and feelings of inferiority.

You don't. Socialization isn't a thing in the adult world

get plastic surgery to grow social skills

It’s gonna sound redpilled but i think what could help would be dave carnegie’s how to win friends and influence people it can help in certain situations
I remember one time my freshman year of highschool timei my phone got taken away from my teacher for using it without her permission and in one of the rules is to basically kinda jestermax yourself so what i did was basically over apologize to her (i had to make it look legit and not like i was bullshitting her) and kept over apologizing til she eventually gave me my phone back
I'm reading this book, half of it already

Tf were you doing during your child and teen years :lul:

I need to learn this stuff if I want a future in the world

Social skills can be used to an extent

But they won’t help you ascend or anything

I think I have the social skills of a 8 year old kid
Join whatever in-person groups you can: DnD, board gaming, gym, group sports etc. and then you get to catch-up by slowly learning social cues.

You'll fail a lot but in a few years you'll have made a few friends, had some fun, and your social skills will be better. You won't become a PUA but you won't have social skills of a kid anymore.

Get, "the 48 laws of power"

Social skills are highly genetic

Be born neurotypical