Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope How to best learn a language?

Gyros_Pretcel

Gyros_Pretcel

19th c. Church of Hamlossus high priest contender
★★★★★
Am low energy, mental wreckcel.

Start with basics and then find an enjoyable way to immerse yourself into that language. Its not rocket science, just takes awful lot of willpower and dedication. First 2 weeks-month are the hardest since you will have many doubts (lmao I will never learn, why bother etc), this is the period during which most people get filtered out.

Start with basics and then find an enjoyable way to immerse yourself into that language. Its not rocket science, just takes awful lot of willpower and dedication. First 2 weeks-month are the hardest since you will have many doubts (lmao I will never learn, why bother etc), this is the period during which most people get filtered out.
How do you even start?
And where's your avi?

How do you even start?
And where's your avi?
Depends on language, if it has different writing system obviously start with that. Try to understand the concept behind stuff you are learning. For example if language has genders or ton of conjugations, learning the usual order of words in a sentence. Slowly build up vocabulary, I can recommend program Anki. You can find flashcard decks made by others or make one yourself, its a great way to help you learn vocabulary, but remember that immersion is important, don't just grind vocab.

As for my avi, I removed it for now.

I wonder about that myself, as I have no energy. Not to mention that my ability to concentrate is so limited now that I struggle to fucking watch anime jfl, much less do anything that requires even more concentration.

But where do I get tbe material and good one at that.

Also @FinnCel

I wonder about that myself, as I have no energy. Not to mention that my ability to concentrate is so limited now that I struggle to fucking watch anime jfl, much less do anything that requires even more concentration.
Yes, without motivation its borderline impossible.

Also @FinnCel
Getting material might be real struggle depending on language.
What language you intend on learning?

Yes, without motivation its borderline impossible.

Getting material might be real struggle depending on language.
What language you intend on learning?
Greek

Sadly can't help you with that. You must scavenge the internet looking for something, its pretty niche language, I tried to learn Finnish a long time ago but finding materials was hard so I feel you.

Plenty of goods methods out there but whatever means you choose make sure to practice practice practice

Plenty of goods methods out there but whatever means you choose make sure to practice practice practice
This. Also don't method hop, even if you might have picked worse method is better to just stick and keep learning instead of looking for next hot shit that some y**tuber shills.

Play simple games like Pokémon in that language and translate each word you don't know from every phrase. Worked for me.

Ogre if the language is phonetically inconsistent like English or the grammar is too hard though. You'd have to study in some other ways first.

This is what I used to learn Portuguese. It's systematic and you will learn a lot of new words.

Another good one is Busuu, because it allows you to talk and have others listen and correct your errors and give you advice.

None are free but they're better than most of the free shit out there.

I don’t know man

Also @FinnCel
full

live in that country is the wastest and easyest way :feelstrash:

live in that country is the wastest and easyest way :feelstrash:
Hope you are not speaking from experience, because this would mean you witnessed this chad only endeavour first hand. No social languagemaxxing for your face.

Hope you are not speaking from experience, because this would mean you witnessed this chad only endeavour first hand. No social languagemaxxing for your face.
wat I dont understand :feelstrash:

Greek is on Duolingo. Duolingo is quite good if you start from scratch.

I did learn ingrish with videogames. At school I did study French and Spanish.