Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion How significant of a role did your enviroment play in molding who you are today?

Genetic Dead End

Genetic Dead End

Unfiltered sadness. AcneScarCel.
★★★★★
When I try to analyze all the things that are wrong with me, whether they be physical, social, or mental, I can't help but notice that a good chunk of who I am today is due to growing up in a fucked up enviroment. I admit that I am genetic garbage, but I think most of my problems could have been easily avoided if I have been born into a normal family. I was literally given the worst hand imaginable in terms of an enviroment, a dysfunctional family, neglect, no guidance, bullying, shitty diet, no social life, sexual abuse, I was never taken to a doctor, I never had health insurance, never knew any of my relatives, spent most of my childhood and teenage years in my room etc, I could go on and on.
Not a day goes by without thinking about alternative paths, things that could have made my life easier and more tolerable, and what hurts is that all those alternative paths are non materialistic and non superficial, and only required basic human actions (like taking me to doctor) to avoid a lifetime of trauma.

same family screwed me up

Are you shit because your upbringing was shit, or was your upbringing shit because you're shit? Doesn't matter either way, being shit is mostly genetic. You were born into the brown.

Helicopter parents ruined my life and turned me socially retarded.

Pretty significant. I basically grew up my whole life in pretty much the Orange County of Texas, so I witnessed and faced a shitton of lookism and looks discrimination in real life -- rather blatantly. I genuinely thought that sub-8 rule was a general thing until I moved out to the Midwest a year ago. What's funny is that literally every girl who I'm in contact with from that area isn't a virgin, and every guy who I'm in contact with still is.

Genetics was the jab, environment was the cross.

It black pilled Galleo forever to say the least.

Human nature is so constituted that the propensity for evil is always intensified by external circumstances, and the morality of the individual depends much more on the conditions of his existence and the environment in which he lives than on his own will.

Human nature is so constituted that the propensity for evil is always intensified by external circumstances, and the morality of the individual depends much more on the conditions of his existence and the environment in which he lives than on his own will.
Completely agree.

Helicopter parents ruined my life and turned me socially retarded.
I was already socially retarded on account of my autism, but my helicopter parents made it worse.

Add in the social isolation and exclusion of my peers through all my grade school and even college years, and wham, you get me, a failed piece of garbage.

When I was younger I was really happy, out going and social. I got diagnosed with ADHD at 10 years old, even. But as time passed, especially into my mid-late middle school years, I was bullied. I was actually bullied more before this in elementary school. And then when highschool came around I gave up. I’m currently still in high school. I graduate next year. Can’t wait for my pain to end, somewhat.

Edit: another major thing is that since Im kinda mixed, I never had any definite race of friends to hang out with. Any friend that I had stopped doing anything with once HS came around and turned their backs on me. Helicopter parents also ruined me, since they never let me go outside, and now they wonder why I never want to go outside anymore.Fuck them.