Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious how shitty was your childhood?

What is your ACE score?

• zero

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • one or two

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • three

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • four

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • five or

• six

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • seven

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • eight

• nine

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • ten

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
turbosperg

turbosperg

PTSD ADD NW4 5'8½" 4/10 sperg
★★★★
I've got Complex PTSD from an extremely shitty childhood. This, plus autism and ADD have screwed me in the head in a major way.

I've scored 8/10 in this survey called "ACE survey", which is basically a score for how awful a childhood was.

The entire survey is down below, you basically sum a point for each of the 10 questions that you answer yes to. Feel free to post your score, if you want to. Mine is 8/10.

While you were growing up, during your first 18 years of life:

1. Did a parent or other adult in the household often Swear at you, insult you, put you down, or humiliate you? or Act in a way that made you afraid that you might be physically hurt?

2. Did a parent or other adult in the household often ...
Push, grab, slap, or throw something at you?
or
Ever hit you so hard that you had marks or were injured?

3. Did an adult or person at least 5 years older than you ever...
Touch or fondle you or have you touch their body in a sexual way?
or
Try to or actually have oral, anal, or vaginal sex with you?

4. Did you often feel that ...
No one in your family loved you or thought you were important or special?
or
Your family didn’t look out for each other, feel close to each other, or support each other?

5. Did you often feel that ...
You didn’t have enough to eat, had to wear dirty clothes, and had no one to protect you?
or
Your parents were too drunk or high to take care of you or take you to the doctor if you needed it?

6. Were your parents ever separated or divorced?

7. Was your mother or stepmother:
Often pushed, grabbed, slapped, or had something thrown at her?
or
Sometimes or often kicked, bitten, hit with a fist, or hit with something hard?
or
Ever repeatedly hit over at least a few minutes or threatened with a gun or knife?

8. Did you live with anyone who was a problem drinker or alcoholic or who used street drugs?

9. Was a household member depressed or mentally ill or did a household member attempt suicide?

10. Did a household member go to prison?

It was hell, but there were also good things, but mostly hell, torture, humiliation, fear, sadness, anger…

the fuck is ace?

I wasn't abused but I was very isolated. I was not allowed to watch TV or play outside. I had to read the same crappy books over and over and over. That is how I spent most summers until I was a teenager.

9/10

Granted it wasn't everything at once and my early childhood wasn't that bad but it just got progressively worse, especially when my parents broke up and I moved to South Carolina.

Made no friends, rotted at home with my computer and got bullied for being obese at school:feels:

My childhood was super good compared to puberty and what came after tbh. I wasn't the most popular kid but I didn't care about that. I had my friends, I was extroverted (because I wasn't bullied unlike middle school) and family was good, unlike some of my classmates my parents didn't divorce and didn't argue much. When I was not with my friends I was reading (both books and manga), watching anime and playing vidya. I remember staying up late with my laptop which didn't have internet watching Dragon Ball movies or writing shitty fanfiction about stuff I liked. Had to sleep with the radio on and a small light because I was scared after watching horror videogames gameplays and reading creepypastas kek. Good times.

7/10. In some ways it was worse in my earlier childhood, but I had shit tons of friends and was popular during that time so it didn't affect me as much. Though like I implied, my childhood (especially regarding my social life/economic status) did get exponentially worse as I grew up, even though all the dysfunction and fighting got slightly tamer, at least from a surface level point of view.

I would definitely consider both my parents neurotic to some degree. I'm glad I had my own room, I was able to get away from it all and just play games with my friends in peace while my parents did their own shit. If I lived in an apartment, I would've gone insane from all the fighting and would've killed myself.

Last edited:
4 probably

Teen years are 0/10 absolute hell

0-12 4/10

12-18 0/10

18-19 4/10

19-20 1/10

20-21 1/10

22 7/10 cuz I’m finally in peace with myself and live alone

When I was a four-year-old, my parents and I lived in a duplex, where my father would hit Mother and damage the walls, resulting in holes near a wooden desk she used for sewing. I recall pouring soap in my eyes at this age to stop them from arguing.

When we moved, my father would regularly come home and argue with Mother over anything he disliked. He broke the windows in our living room as well as the windows in our kitchen, he broke a "Leopard Statue", he broke our kitchen table, he broke plates, he threw Mother's computer and clothes into the garbage bin. He'd regularly pound on Mother's room door(Used for crafts). He'd yell at Mother as he was driving her to work.

My mother, as kind as she may be, used to grab me very forcefully(By the neck, as I was fidgeting with items; I would ache from it) and repeatedly tell me "Do you hear me!?! If people see you doing that, they will think you are men-tally retar-ded!" while shaking me and shaking the item near my eyes. She would tell me how embarrassing it is to have an autistic son who fidgets with items as a form of stimulation. Other times, she would hit me. When I said, "Please don't hit me!" once, she started laughing.

One day, Mother was asked by my father to write a check, which she did. However, he was angry because she was drying off after a shower. This led him to shove her onto the floor(She was naked) and kick her legs repeatedly, which I was present for and saw. He also broke her fingers and cut her knuckles, injured her knees and kicked her abdomen(Resulted in my other parent leaving for several days to avoid police officers; he was already leaving regularly all night, by this point).

Yes. 2016 was much different. I spent hours sitting alone in my room with bottles of urine and sacks of feces because of severe depression/anxiety. I was barely eating and suffering from visual sensory overload/paranoia, which often caused me to curdle into a ball and cry. I received little help for these problems.

"Thank you, Toriyama-sama..."

Yes, very true. My mother used to criticize my autistic behavior.

She would say "I was 'square' myself as a child, but your behavior is weird. You are w-e-i-r-d", "I'm embarrassed to have a son that 'does this'(Making fidgeting gestures)", "Please! I don't care about your anxiety. Do you want to live on the streets?"

As typical of femoids, she cannot listen to my problems without redirecting to her own problems.

Thomas Family Tears:

Last edited:
bullying, sexual abuse/being raped by a faggot, being beaten in home and school (by teachers and my parents), sleep problems at an early age

at least i had my precious nintendo 64, and i was not poor
i used to spend the whole day playing zelda major masks :fuk::fuk: that game is literally the best thing of my childhood

1424082600_173261_1532458530_portada_normal.jpg

Last edited:
i used to spend the whole day playing zelda major masks :fuk::fuk: that game is literally the best thing of my childhood

I loved a game called "Shin Budokai: Another Road" deeply...

I completed the game more than a dozen times.

i used to daydream even when playing majoras mask, i remember looking at the background and the inaccessible areas wondering what was beyond there lol, or just listening to the music of the temples
I used to draw the stages in my notebooks

Actually took it 6 months ago and got 8. The one I didn't get was being sexually abused or going hungry. I think those are the worst ones and the rest doesn't bother me much anymore

Even if a got beaten up( with the belt and fists mainly) ,insulted and damaged emotionally by bullies and my mother +absent father +almost no friends except one I call my childhood very good.When you are little and innocent nothing matters,the fact that you are hungry can go away if you eat some cheap bread and drink tap water ,you can cope with playing with the only toys you have or you can read or you can just look at this beautiful world admiring the nature and everything that is captivating.I miss my innocence when i was pure like a stray dog that did nothing wrong .I wish I can go back in time even when i look back i realise my childhood wasn't the best,but it was better than the life I'm living rn.

i think i had that game for psp too.i had a dbz game which looks incredibly similar,but don't remember if it's the same.played it many times.it was pretty comfy.

I had extremely bad childhood and teen days because my dad was abusive piece of shit who wanted to punish us because of his own depression and problems and we lived in extreme poverty. It was living hell and it destroyed me as a person for good, but it could have been worse, there are kids brutally beaten and raped every day.

7/10

Childhood was terrible, did not go hungry or was sexually abused or beaten regularly.

Fakecel trait:

“My childhood was great and i played games with my friends and then adolescence arrived and all my friends left”

4. But it sure was a bad enough childhood regardless that a therapist who knew me for two hours was able to trace a lot of my problems back to a very unhappy childhood.