Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion How much of your inhibition is genetic?

• Thread starter Left4DeadDarkie
  • Start date
Left4DeadDarkie

Left4DeadDarkie

Xe/Xer Pansexual non binary
★★★★★
I keep trying to lower it but it's so fucking hard and I'm wondering If it will ever get better?

im very high inhib. big hurdle. i dont drink or anything so thats another hurdle. my dad is pretty high inhib, so probably fairly genetic

All Of Them GIF by MOODMAN

bad genetics = shitty treatment = high inhib

im very high inhib. big hurdle. i dont drink or anything so thats another hurdle. my dad is pretty high inhib, so probably fairly genetic
Interesting. I don't drink either because I'm afraid I'll do something stupid that would put me behind bars lmaoo. Both my parents are pretty low inhib so maybe I just got the short end of the stick

I would say some of it since all behaviours you do have some basis within your genetic code

I think inhibition is mostly learned.

They tried with rats, and when the socially defeated rats were put in a house with friendlier rats they got much more extroverted.

Unfortunately, it's not like building muscle. You build muscle as you break it. Whereas socially you are built up by success, not just by "putting yourself out there" and failing (although some people completely stop caring if they fail enough).

If you have enough small victories you might be able to improve your inhibition.

Not even weedmaxxing reduces my high inhib, in fact I think it makes it worse sometimes.

its mostly environmental unless you were born autistic

if you grow up with mostly positive reinforcement you end up being low inhib

I think inhibition is mostly learned.

They tried with rats, and when the socially defeated rats were put in a house with friendlier rats they got much more extroverted.

Unfortunately, it's not like building muscle. You build muscle as you break it. Whereas socially you are built up by success, not just by "putting yourself out there" and failing (although some people completely stop caring if they fail enough).

If you have enough small victories you might be able to improve your inhibition.
That is true. Ig looksmaxxing is all I can really do at this point

positive reinforcement usually comes from being good looking or having rich powerful family halo because you grow up considering yourself superior and end up being low inhib as a result

positive reinforcement usually comes from being good looking or having rich powerful family halo because you grow up considering yourself superior and end up being low inhib as a result
Makes sense

Makes sense
yeah and also even if you dont have rich family youre not doomed but you gotta have some semblance of safety net to be low inhib for eg if youve supportive friends and family you become confident enough to be low inhib because you feel like youre a part of a tribe who will back you no matter what happens thats why social isolation increases high inhibness

yeah and also even if you dont have rich family youre not doomed but you gotta have some semblance of safety net to be low inhib for eg if youve supportive friends and family you become confident enough to be low inhib because you feel like youre a part of a tribe who will back you no matter what happens thats why social isolation increases high inhibness
That's actually a good point because whenever I go out to the store or something with my dad I feel more confident (not much but it is an increase) because I know that if someone fucks with me then I would have someone to vouch for me if something happens

if ur mentally ill ur fucked. if ur relatively NT u can train urself to be low inhib enough to just get by.

I was originally normal mentally but the trauma of eating lunch alone a thousand time fucked me over

I may have good potential to low inhib enough to dark triadmaxx (not that would help me ascend) because my dad is a low inhib thug mayo curry who has 13+ kids and I used to be extremely low inhib when I was really young

I may have good potential to low inhib enough to dark triadmaxx (not that would help me ascend) because my dad is a low inhib thug mayo curry who has 13+ kids and I used to be extremely low inhib when I was really young
Nigger wtf 13+ ?????????????

You gotta be joking nigga wtf

Nigger wtf 13+ ?????????????

You gotta be joking nigga wtf
Im not joking

I have multiple half brothers and half sisters because of my father and he never sees them because he would impregnate foids then leave

Im not joking

I have multiple half brothers and half sisters because of my father and he never sees them because he would impregnate foids then leave
Sounds like his loyal personality trait is what attracted women to him!

Considering he fucked my mom, I dont even want to imagine what my mom did in high school
Lol.

Yeah it'd probably be suifuel if you found out

It can’t be that much, I’m part nigger and niggers are among pajeets as the races with the lowest inhibitions. Then again, it’s not a super significant amount so it might just be.