Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How much does depression lower your intelligence?

BBC.BELGRADE

BBC.BELGRADE

Blackcel, working on ascending
★★★★★
Maybe this is cope but I feel like I am a little smarter then I am but depression just makes me unmotivated to use my full potential.

How much do you think depression effects intelligence?

@DarkStar @GeckoBus @WorthlessSlavicShit

I'd say it definitely can take a toll in some way or form.

Perhaps, it's not the depression itself, but rather the symptoms it can cause such as LDARing, eating unhealthy, substance abuse, etc: All of which, are proven clinically to lower-IQ over periods of time.

So I'd say in a way yes, but not directly per-say- rather the symptoms it can produce.

theres just not one global IQ..or maybe there is
was it called G-factor? something like that

The g-factor is used to explain this positive correlation among cognitive abilities and is considered to be a measure of general intelligence. The g-factor is often measured by intelligence tests such as the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scale and the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS).

Perhaps, it's not the depression itself, but rather the symptoms it can cause such as LDARing, eating unhealthy, substance abuse, etc: All of which, are proven clinically to lower-IQ over periods of time.

So I'd say in a way yes, but not directly per-say- rather the symptoms it can produce.
High iq.

Yeah that's probably the answer.

I do wonder how smart I would be if I actually lived a normal life

It doesn't necessarily lower Intelligence but it clouds judgement and makes decision making more difficult

Depression isn't real, you're just a bitch.

One of the factors behind depression in the contemporary world is excessive consumption and the comparisons that capitalism brings with it; also, the liberal ideologies of leaving home and trying to be “independent”, beat culture, in short.

Generally, depressives have a very large consumption habit because of their closeted perplexities, and they are always destructive addictions (not that I care about you), like marijuana and other types of substances, and as the guy above said, about substances that lower your IQ, is partially true. For example, it has been proven that marijuana is a substance that causes dementia and causes you to have the symptom of forgetfulness over time, decreasing your cognition.

I wouldn't say that depression in itself makes you completely horrible, because the philosophy of behavior is not always a bad thing, like you being lazy, that's not really bad, because in itself the world is fixed in the eternal present, all living beings live by sucking basic sources from the earth itself, and end up dying there, at that moment. But yes, there are destructive behaviors, like substance use, pure hedonism, you try to combat pain with more pain, instead of just letting go in a healthy way.

Maybe this is cope but I feel like I am a little smarter then I am but depression just makes me unmotivated to use my full potential.

How much do you think depression effects intelligence?

@DarkStar @GeckoBus @WorthlessSlavicShit
in my case, like -900 iq points, sometimes i just lay on the floor and fart like a cow, with complete emptiness upstairs

Me haz no dipresion! It deed nawght halp!

Ugh-ugh aaaargh!!!

Good answer:yes:.

I think only long term, chronic depression does this.

You should see a doctor if its that bad.

Great answer

Depression may make you smarter by helping you think more clearly and objectively.

I think it depends on how you react to it.
And how much depression you experience.

A little bit of depression is good because it can motivate necessary change.
Happy people seldom try to improve their situation.

Too much depression and the person becomes overwhelmed into inaction.

I don’t think that depression affects intelligence.
It just drains the motivation to do anything with your knowledge.

Last edited: