Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How many pages of a math or physics book can you read in one day?

Limitcel

Limitcel

only God know's how much over it really is
And how many problems can you solve in one day?

I feel so slow i have to confess that I always skip the easier exercises and maybe I haven't developed such good mechanisms for solving problems because of this. Should I do several exercises, even if obviously, just to activate neural networks in my head and be able to reason better that way? (idk if really does) Anyway, it's over, in 4 months I have the test of my life and I'm not even in 20% of the required subject yet

@trying to ascend @Caesercel @Ahnfeltia @DepravedAndDeprived

How is your study? (your guys are the ones who post the most on the math thread so I imagine you know something)

Last edited:
not a single letter

i enjoy reading maths books but i absolutely can't solve math problems, simply have not a knack for this. I can understand theory and reason about theorems and shit but when it comes to real stuff i'm hopeless

but i can read 40-60 pages if i'm really interested

i enjoy reading maths books but i absolutely can't solve math problems, simply have not a knack for this. I can understand theory and reason about theorems and shit but when it comes to real stuff i'm hopeless

I have an impression that it's almost a talent, these Chinese or Indian mfs perceive things hidden 10 steps away from rationalization while I struggle to find any similarity in a problem to other more basic problems (simplification and complication)

40-60 pages in one day? my limit should be 20 skipping the exercises

Like what? What's the real stuff?

0 because I'm not Asian (thank god)

That's why I say that being asian or Indian is not as bad as they say here, maybe you don't fuck that much pussy but you can be smart enough to pass difficult tests and get a good jobs

mfs here think that life is just pussy

stuff like that?

got it from belikovs book

actually solving problems, i can follow mathematical proofs, reason about theorems, see some missed logical steps in explanations etc, but if you have me sit at a blank sheet of paper and do something like "prove that some mathematical object has this specific property" - im going to fail most of the time

actually solving problems, i can follow mathematical proofs, reason about theorems, see some missed logical steps in explanations etc, but if you have me sit at a blank sheet of paper and do something like "prove that some mathematical object has this specific property" - im going to fail most of the time
Prove that 3 is an odd natural number.

40-60 pages in one day? my limit should be 20 skipping the exercises
well it depends on the subject, for example maths in CS is relatively simple, but with calculus or some arcane black magic shit i would have to slow down obviously

0 reading books is for nerds

fuck this happens so much, how tf these mfs can think these solution? the worst part is that the tests give you a maximum of 10 to 20 minutes for each problem or even less, as if I were capable of rationalizing this whole shit in a few minutes, choosing the best notation and the best data organizationI'm already accepting that it's all genetic

2n = 3 has no integer roots, 2n + 1 = 3 has exactly one or something along those lines
No even divisors, but good enough. 2 does not divide 2n+1 for any n>0.

How many pages of a math or physics book can you read in one day?
And how many problems can you solve in one day?
depends on my familiarity with the material and the difficulty.
stuff like that?
View attachment 1205228
got it from belikovs book
physics ain't my strong suit, so probably not that many
I feel so slow i have to confess that I always skip the easier exercises and maybe I haven't developed such good mechanisms for solving problems because of this. Should I do several exercises, even if obviously, just to activate neural networks in my head and be able to reason better that way?
here's a variation on an adage that struck a chord in me: "if an exercise is truly so easy, it shouldn't take that much time/effort to make"

I usually skip the easy exercises if I'm confident that I can do it and that it won't teach me anything, tbh.