Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How many of you went to summer camps when younger?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Question more for Americancels I guess. Here in Spain summer camps exist but they aren't that popular. Also typically kids don't sleep at the summer camp, they just go there during the day (like from 9AM to 1PM) to do sports and activities then get picked up by parents and go home. I went to a few and some were cool but others absolutely hated them.

There was one basketball themed summer camp which my parents forced me to go and I think it legit made me hate basketball for the rest of my life kek. The best one was one I did in France (I was around 15), in this one yes I had to sleep there but I met good people and genuinely had a good time. Even if some of the kids there were a bit posh they weren't snobby.

What about you friendcels. ER recalls a particularly bad moment at a summer camp when he was 11 years old: "At this camp, an incident happened that would scar me for life. The first time that I was treated badly by a girl [...] I was innocently playing with the friends I made, and they were tickling me [...] I accidently bumped into a pretty girl the same age as me, and she got very angry. She cursed at me and pushed me, embarrassing me in front of my friends. I didn’t know who this girl was [...] But she was very pretty, and she was taller than me. I immediately froze up and went into a state of shock. One of my friends asked me if I was ok, and I didn’t answer. I remained very quiet for the rest of the day. I couldn’t believe what had happened. Cruel treatment from women is ten times worse than from men. It made me feel like an insignificant, unworthy little mouse. I felt so small and vulnerable. I couldn’t believe that this girl was so horrible to me, and I thought that it was because she viewed me as a loser. That was the first experience of female cruelty I endured, and it traumatized me to no end. It made me even more nervous around girls, and I would be extremely weary and cautious of them" (page 32 of My Twisted World)

I was forced one year. Worst Summer off my life.

I never went to one as a child or teen, and i never knew anyone else that did. From hearing stories about them, i'm lucky

I never went to one as a child or teen, and i never knew anyone else that did. From hearing stories about them, i'm lucky
From my experience it really depended on the people. If your camp had nice kids and counselors and it was fun. If they were bad your experience would be miserable. The basketball camp was just like that.

I went to a summer camp in remote region we lived there for 3 weeks it was nice because I managed to jestermaxx I found some group of "friends". But also there happened the first moment when I realized that foids doesn't like me, everyday we had an evening dances and foids asked guys for a dance together and some guys asked foids. But I was never asked and when I tried to ask a foid for a dance she said no. But it was still a nice experience

My middle school had one for incoming elementary school students. They showed you around the campus, and you mainly tried out for electives that you wanted to do. It was very short, only a week.

I remember one time where they introduced us to the band and had us try out the instruments. The instructors would show you how to play and rated you to see what instrument would be the best fit. My highest scores were the brass instruments, mainly the low ones (like tuba, euphonium)

Last edited:
Went once, it had foids my age. They wouldn't get near me. It felt lonely for a "camp".