Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment How many of you are/have been maladaptive daydreamers?

O

• Total voters
night-20

night-20

Recruit
★★★★★
I imagine a lot of us are like this since we lack human attention.

Autism and autism-related birth defects/conditions. I've had severe constipation, chronic depression, chronic anxiety, visual processing issues, visual sensory issues, maladaptive daydreaming issues, and motor issues since childhood.

I'm also much shorter than average.

Oh, you don't need to apologize; I'll explain:

I have maladaptive daydreaming(MDD) from autism. I've had constant daydreaming/fantasies of my experiences in group therapy for over eight years now. My fantasies of those experiences mesh together with my newer memories, resulting in situations where I envision myself "interacting with"(seeking approval from) certain youth I respected in the group for anything of value I do.

Your experiences are different yet have similarities with my own.

Due to my maladaptive daydreaming, I often envision the "Real World" in manga-form.

Yes; I have unique maladaptive daydreaming traits from ASD.

I was told that since kindergarten

I am addicted to daydreaming

If I'm not, then nobody is. Nothing more humiliating then suddenly making weird movements or sounds in public, or even at work, because I've been busy imagining something much more exciting than my shitty life:feelsbadman:.

I daydream whenever I have to do something I'm not interested in.

Me. I've been daydreaming about different worlds since I was 7 years old. My life is so much better in my head.

Last edited:
If I'm not, then nobody is. Nothing more humiliating then suddenly making weird movements or sounds in public, or even at work, because I've been busy imagining something much more exciting than my shitty life:feelsbadman:.

I daydream whenever I have to do something I'm not interested in.

Because I cannot verbalize freely anymore, I've sort of lost my ability to daydream.

i’ve been doing this for as long as i can remember