Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How I feel when I listen to music

i_a_m_i

i_a_m_i

Banned
-
When I listen to music, I forget that I exist, though the feeling does not last for very long. I forget that I am experiencing. I forget that I am "listening to" a song. I forget even that there is a me, and I feel a freedom, a nothingness, a disembodiment, an incorporeality, and a lack of subjectivity.

When I listen to music, though it has to be music that I like at that moment, I feel as if I am imparted some truth. Something which I previously did not understand now makes sense to me. Through music, I am given a deep sense and feeling that I am capable of, in some way, grasping the fabric of reality. It is like some profound truth is being shown before me, and I see it, though not with vision; and I understand its significance; and it makes sense; and the solution to the problem which I had previously not or misunderstood is now in me. But I have no way of explaining it, because this feeling or "meaning" wasn't imparted in an explainable way, and I forget it quickly.

But, anyway, every piece of music was created by a living thing. What truth can it represent if it, no less than any other of life's emanations, is just something that was created by a something? The truth that music intimates is not really truth, or maybe it is the only kind of truth which we can know of. It's just another manifestation of human emotional discrimination.

Also, music is a good cope. The stimulus it gives my dull mind to concieve of a kind of structuality or orderliness also allows me to fantisize about a range of things. For example, I might fantisize about what it would have been like to attend high school. In this scenario, I'm not ugly or unhealthy; nor am I incapable of completing, as I was in this reality, the schoolwork that I'm expected to do- in fact, I excel at it. I usually have a high IQ in this scenario and things go in a way, which, even if not perfect, is good enough. Another fantasy I often have is of the destruction of the universe. I've been afforded omnipotence, and I use this power to bring an end to all existence and then an end to myself. Though, I've debated whether bringing an end to myself is the right action- certainly not because I want to continue to exist, but because I don't want existence ever to reexist.

is that what mods do when everybody is clean and safe on the forum?
:feelstrash: :feelshehe: :feelswhat:

until you listen to a song too many times and it loses its luster, ooooooh I hate that

I feel like this funny frog :feelsmusic:

anything that makes me feel less like im existing is good

It is like some profound truth is being shown before me, and I see it, though not with vision; and I understand its significance;
I think i experience what youre referring to sometimes, when the meaning expressed in music feels "more real" than reality, significance is a good word. wonder resulting from the fact that "reality allows for this", for this beauty, complexity, uniqueness, that seems so far from conventional experience, yet reality is one, everything that is exists in the same plane of being, and these higher states are within our reach. All things that seem self significant in themselves seem to induce this type of experience to some degree, they elevate the significance of existence as a whole.

I can't say I share your feelings, but this was beautifully written.
Based mod.

didn't read but music is my favorite cope

I get a musical high sometimes where Im filled with emotion and feel like I'm flying

Musics are good cope for autists

i dont feel anything