Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

how fit do you need to be for mma

• Thread starter Deleted member 3291
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3291

Banned
-
I’m going to a karate club tomorrow and I want to sign up I’m pretty weak, and barely have any muscle. I can do cardio easily in that aspect but should I go back to the gym. I can get my diet down easily.

I’m 5’4 btw and what forums do you recommend for mma and stuff.

Well no ones replied yet, so i'll give my two cents i guess
-Have good bone structure/frame
-Hit the gym a little to build your muscles before you join i guess (buy some dumbells)

Well no ones replied yet, so i'll give my two cents i guess
-Have good bone structure/frame
-Hit the gym a little to build your muscles before you join i guess (buy some dumbells)
frame doesn’t really vary that much?

there is no point in me buying just dumbbells if I want to work full body work

often incel are very sad and nerd, are you ready for this?

I think most MMA gyms will be mixed ages, some fat people and fans of the sport, femoids, ricecels

The people you see on UFC are reserved for specific gyms or classes but beginners will be mixed of everybody

I think most MMA gyms will be mixed ages, some fat people and fans of the sport, femoids, ricecels

The people you see on UFC are reserved for specific gyms or classes but beginners will be mixed of everybody
yeah I’m looking at pictures of the karate and mma gym I found and I see a lot of fat people as well as females I wanted to go to a professional place but I guess I’ll take what I can find also it’s expensive as fuck$200 for 3 months is that even worth

You're fit enough. Dont waste your time with karate.

Lol karate is not real mma, trust me I took that shit and any fat bastard can do it.
Skip karate and do a real martial arts like Brazilian jiu jitsu or kick boxing, karate is useless
But karate did make me flexible as fuck.

I’m going to a karate club tomorrow and I want to sign up I’m pretty weak, and barely have any muscle. I can do cardio easily in that aspect but should I go back to the gym. I can get my diet down easily.

I’m 5’4 btw and what forums do you recommend for mma and stuff.

>Karate club
Karate is not mma. Most likely it will be watered down and athleticism won't be necessary. In combat sports in general size isn't the biggest deal because weight classes

MMA is less about "general fitness" and more about skill. And flexibility. And speed. It's knowing the right way to flick your wrist out in a punch.

Lol karate is not real mma, trust me I took that shit and any fat bastard can do it.
Skip karate and do a real martial arts like Brazilian jiu jitsu or kick boxing, karate is useless
But karate did make me flexible as fuck.
is it really? I had a lot of faith in it and it looked fun, was also looking into the gym and they offer Jeet Kun Do and Muay Thai I might just go for kickboxing and find a new place because it’s high on my list.
>Karate club
Karate is not mma. Most likely it will be watered down and athleticism won't be necessary. In combat sports in general size isn't the biggest deal because weight classes
i just searched karate mma club and it was the first result that is nearest to my work place, they offer jeet kun do and Muay Thai as well

frame doesn’t really vary that much?

there is no point in me buying just dumbbells if I want to work full body work
Dumbbells can really help you with arms, chest and abs, trotting long distances for legs is unbeatable, just be sure to land on the balls of your feet, not the back.

yeah I’m looking at pictures of the karate and mma gym I found and I see a lot of fat people as well as females I wanted to go to a professional place but I guess I’ll take what I can find also it’s expensive as fuck$200 for 3 months is that even worth

This is very true, you will get a range of people from Chads/staceys to people who are at Walmart (I go to walmart)

I

Dumbbells can really help you with arms, chest and abs, trotting long distances for legs is unbeatable, just be sure to land on the balls of your feet, not the back.
I lifted for 4 years during Highschool and uni, but I quit after my first year. It would probably be cheaper for me to just pay $150 and get 2 months of gym time at my local gym then by a dumb bell set up to 45lb and I don’t even have a bench to do any chest exercises with.

is it really? I had a lot of faith in it and it looked fun, was also looking into the gym and they offer Jeet Kun Do and Muay Thai I might just go for kickboxing and find a new place because it’s high on my list.

i just searched karate mma club and it was the first result that is nearest to my work place, they offer jeet kun do and Muay Thai as well
Take muay Thai, here's an articals that outlines why muay Thai is so good.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/evolve-mma.com/blog/9-reasons-muay-thai-perfect-martial-art/amp/
Karate can only be used in a fight against someone else that is using karate, think of it as a showmans martial art. It has no practical use in a real fight.
Muay Thai however is a real and dangerously good martial arts.

There's a few Karate guys in UFC like Wonderboy Thompson or now Bellator fighter Lyoto Machida. They are really good at keeping distance and being elusive.

I think any of the martial arts are helpful, main ones being boxing and wrestling but the beginner classes will teach you how to kickbox and roll jijitsu

Take muay Thai, here's an articals that outlines why muay Thai is so good.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/evolve-mma.com/blog/9-reasons-muay-thai-perfect-martial-art/amp/
Karate can only be used in a fight against someone else that is using karate, think of it as a showmans martial art. It has no practical use in a real fight.
Muay Thai however is a real and dangerously good martial arts.
considering it now I just saw a gif of MT vs MT and the kicks are what are the most appealing

I lifted for 4 years during Highschool and uni, but I quit after my first year. It would probably be cheaper for me to just pay $150 and get 2 months of gym time at my local gym then by a dumb bell set up to 45lb and I don’t even have a bench to do any chest exercises with.

You don't really need a bench, one of those bars that you put on your doorframe work wonders for chest muscles, back when I practised Kung Fu it was all I used for the chest and it did the trick. The cool thing is that since you're lifting your own weight you're working on your chest and your arms at the same time, and you can get them for real cheap. Look into it, cheers!
You don't really need a bench, one of those bars that you put on your doorframe work wonders for chest muscles, back when I practised Kung Fu it was all I used for the upper torso and it did the trick. The cool thing is that since you're lifting your own weight you're working on your chest and your arms at the same time, and you can get them for real cheap, and it you probably won't end up looking like a buffmonster. Look into it, cheers!

There's a few Karate guys in UFC like Wonderboy Thompson or now Bellator fighter Lyoto Machida. They are really good at keeping distance and being elusive.

I think any of the martial arts are helpful, main ones being boxing and wrestling but the beginner classes will teach you how to kickbox and roll jijitsu
Interesting to see wrestling being used in MMA, boxing styles is something that is on my list I think it was shootboxing which I saw some gifs of that looked cool
You don't really need a bench, one of those bars that you put on your doorframe work wonders for chest muscles, back when I practised Kung Fu it was all I used for the chest and it did the trick. The cool thing is that since you're lifting your own weight you're working on your chest and your arms at the same time, and you can get them for real cheap. Look into it, cheers!
thanks for the info, my house is small and shit so I can’t install a pull-up bar or door frame thing you are talking about it would definitely break it thanks for the information though

Last edited:
Interesting to see wrestling being used in MMA, boxing styles is something that is on my list I think it was shootboxing which I saw some gifs of that looked cool

I think just going to MMA as a beginner is good enough, you don't need any background as you'll probably be teamed up with beginners anyway. If you're worried about embarrassing yourself, they won't be throwing you infront of people to spar, its going to be partner or you on the punching bag doing drills and stuff.