Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How does one learn how to think?

• Thread starter DrunkDegenerate
  • Start date
DrunkDegenerate

DrunkDegenerate

Cope Overlord
-
I am about to graduate from HS and I feel like I have the same critical thinking capabilities I had when I started elementary FFS.
How does one learn how to critically think? Other than by experience? Got any good books for that?

Apply critical thinking skills in general, read, do sudoku, etc.

The brain is a muscle. Use it. :feelsokman:

I honestly think it is pretty innate.

Some training in rationalistic thought can be useful though, if only to discover that our brain can't really think objectively. Read Slatestarcodex and LessWrong.

It's too much thinking that got us to this world which doesn't work.

We must stop thinking, and start feeling instead! You must look inside, not at your brain but your heart, and just listen to it. Then you will know all the answers. I did that, and it saved my life.

Thinking is an innate thing I think but you to learn how to think critically

It's too much thinking that got us to this world which doesn't work.

We must stop thinking, and start feeling instead! You must look inside, not at your brain but your heart, and just listen to it. Then you will know all the answers. I did that, and it saved my life.
Feelings led us to the cucked society we currently have. It is by rationality that it might be rectified.
Females are depraved and cold. They will simply use men who follow their heart to live an easy life.

Feelings led us to the cucked society we currently have. It is by rationality that it might be rectified.
Females are depraved and cold. They will simply use men who follow their heart to live an easy life.

Don't become angry now, but I disagree with you.

It was not the children who industrialized the world, not the women, but powerful men, who followed Rationality. And we are still following Rationality - everything must always be faster, stronger, bigger, thicker, hotter, newer, faster, faster, faster and faster.

We should not try to be what we are not, and we should jump off this hamster wheel and just lean back in the sun. I don't think you will be happier with cash, fame or a big car or a big house. You will be happier only if you feel wholeness in yourself, and then we must talk about Reality with a big R instead of reality with a small r! Only if we only are hereandnow and stop thinking so much we will be able to hear what we actually want here in life!

Don't become angry now, but I disagree with you.

It was not the children who industrialized the world, not the women, but powerful men, who followed Rationality. And we are still following Rationality - everything must always be faster, stronger, bigger, thicker, hotter, newer, faster, faster, faster and faster.

We should not try to be what we are not, and we should jump off this hamster wheel and just lean back in the sun. I don't think you will be happier with cash, fame or a big car or a big house. You will be happier only if you feel wholeness in yourself, and then we must talk about Reality with a big R instead of reality with a small r! Only if we only are hereandnow and stop thinking so much we will be able to hear what we actually want here in life!
How can one be whole though without a partner to share all of this beauty with?
There is a quote I really like made by Elliot Rodger - "A beautiful environment is the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone. And I've been alone for a very long time"

How can one be whole though without a partner to share all of this beauty with?
There is a quote I really like made by Elliot Rodger - "A beautiful environment is the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone. And I've been alone for a very long time"

That quote is so true! I've never had a woman for many, many years. But I think it is because women are fooled as much as we to pursue status, and so afraid of not having status, because the media and the system tells them they must be beautiful, must be perfect, must be high acheiving! They must be slim and suntanned and wear bikinis, and must chase stone age cavemen with big muscles, because that's why they see on commercials all the time!

If we just close down the screens, all of us, and just sit quiet for a few days, maybe we will find out what we really want in life?