Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How do you sort search results Oldest to Newest?

FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
@Wizard32 made a thread in Suggestions about this.

It was locked, as if an answer was given. By @Robtical. Maybe I don't understand the answer but it seems to be specifically what @Wizard32 said he already knew about and isn't the answer. He's not looking for posts "newer than" a date, he's looking for posts "older than" a date. There is no "Older Than" in the search I can punch in, that I can find anyway.

If you want "older than" start the search from a very early date, then search the results chronologically. If you want results older than December 2017, search from November 2017 until the results get to December.

If you want "older than" start the search from a very early date, then search the results chronologically. If you want results older than December 2017, search from November 2017 until the results get to December.

Searching for all of the posts newer than November 2017 gives me ALL of the posts on the forum newer than November 2017. That means I gotta sort through September 2020, August 2020, July 2020, and onward, until I get to December 2017. Using the "Newer Than" feature basically serves no purpose at that point. The idea is to not have to go through a bunch of posts to get to 2017.

Searching for all of the posts newer than November 2017 gives me ALL of the posts on the forum newer than November 2017. That means I gotta sort through September 2020, August 2020, July 2020, and onward, until I get to December 2017. Using the "Newer Than" feature basically serves no purpose at that point. The idea is to not have to go through a bunch of posts to get to 2017.
Go to the very oldest search result and search from there.

Go to the very oldest search result and search from there.

But I and @Wizard32 can already do that without the "Newer Than" feature. He's not looking for a specific date, he's looking for the first time a certain term was used. And he wants to do it without scrolling through page after page.

But I and @Wizard32 can already do that without the "Newer Than" feature. He's not looking for a specific date, he's looking for the first time a certain term was used. And he wants to do it without scrolling through page after page.
I don't think it lets you search for an exact date. You have to search for "newer than" a day before the day you want, and go to the oldest post then search.

I looked and I do not think you can because there's no option for it

Okay, here's the oldest mention of "greycel."

Mentalcel (depression anxiety )
Baldcel
Greycel (my hair is patchy grey and normal colour )
Oldcel (I'm 33, is that old cel ?)
Fatcel

But he's not talking about "grey" as in your username color. He means "grey" as in his hair.

THIS is the oldest mention of "greycel" with regard to username color.

And I guess it's kinda sorta the first instance of it being used as an insult?

Huh, looking at these results is bringing back memories. "Greycel" back then was interchangeable with "Maycel," because there was a big influx of people, like me, who joined because of the attention this forum got in the wake of Alek Minassian's attack. "Greycel" is to "Rickroll" as "Maycel" is to "Duckroll," I guess. "Maycel" was part of the term's original meaning.

But there's more work to do yet. You can't just find when the first mention was, you need to be able to pinpoint when the term caught on/started to go "viral." Also, you should try spelling it "graycel."

Okay, here's the oldest mention of "greycel."

But he's not talking about "grey" as in your username color. He means "grey" as in his hair.

THIS is the oldest mention of "greycel" with regard to username color.

And I guess it's kinda sorta the first instance of it being used as an insult?

Huh, looking at these results is bringing back memories. "Greycel" back then was interchangeable with "Maycel," because there was a big influx of people, like me, who joined because of the attention this forum got in the wake of Alek Minassian's attack. "Greycel" is to "Rickroll" as "Maycel" is to "Duckroll," I guess. "Maycel" was part of the term's original meaning.

But there's more work to do yet. You can't just find when the first mention was, you need to be able to pinpoint when the term caught on/started to go "viral." Also, you should try spelling it "graycel."
There's three other ways to spell greycel: Graycel, grey cel, and gray cel.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-20-at-7-35-33-PM.png

Just filter "first message" and "ascending", super easy, low iqcels bruh :feelsseriously:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back