Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How do you feel when you see a photo of yourselves?

Aribaa

Aribaa

Officer
★★★
Both staged and candid photos are pure suifuel for me

I feel sad about being reminded that I'm ugly.

It looks like an inferior version of myself.

i hate it so much, always hate looking in mirrors as well

I just dont look at it tbh

Embarrassed and I want to isolate myself because of shame

I prefer pictures over mirrors tbh.

I never take photos of myself or let anyone take a picture of me unless i have to like for ID. In that photo i look like a cross-eyed retard.

I fucking hate it.

I simply shake my head in shame

am i the only who thinks they look awful at first then after a while(few weeks) when you retirn to the picture you dont think you look as bad

I always think "THIS explains everything"

Not so bad, when better photos, but horrible with lame accidental

terrible, selfies are one thing but photos taken by other people are another

I barely have photos of myself because of this. There was this girl working at the photo place at an amusement park who felt sad for me when I turned down a group photo with two of my friends. She said “think of the memories.” Honestly, I don’t want to be reminded or see my hideous face. Everytime I see it my heart breaks.

I usually cringe and feel embarrassed

I cannot recognize myself because I cope so hard I almost forgot I am an ugly manlet

It's unpleasant. I remember when I first took a selfie, a few years ago, I was shocked, because I could barely believe this is how I looked, and this is what other people see when they see me. I had never really considered what I looked like. I guess that's normal, because you can't see your own face without a mirror.

I prefer not to be consciously aware of my appearance. I find that if I am by myself, and I haven't seen a picture of myself recently, I don't feel ugly. When I'm coping with anime, vidya, reading, etc., I can focus on the cope or the action of coping, and the appearance of my face in relation to other things(particularly in relation to interactions with other people) doesn't occur to me. If I am not presently aware that I am ugly in the, and if there is no one or nothing to remind me of my ugliness, then my ugliness shouldn't affect me.

I definitely wouldn't want to be bluepilled into thinking "I'm attractive", or "I'm 6/10", though. That would probably be worse, because it wouldn't make the few things I enjoy doing (coping) any better, but it would make the poor treatment I've recieved as a result of being ugly, and the general way in which people interact with me, far more confusing and troubling than it currently is. I would be treated in a way contrary to how I think I should be treated given how I percieve the structure of my body, and maintaining that delusion would be stressful. It's better to be blackpilled, because if you are blackpilled, you will understand why you've been treated the way you have been treated, and you can instead focus on the things that give you pleasure, like anime and vidya, even if it is not much.

makes me want to kill myself

You mean a picture I took of myself or a picture of myself somebody else took? If I took the picture myself I won't feel anything, but the second one is absolute depressionfuel.

"the fuck is my nose so crooked?"
"Wait, my eyes are asymmetrical?"
"I'm really this ugly??????"

i hate it so much, always hate looking in mirrors as well
I have mirrors built in my room, can never escape the suifuel. Still look far better in mirrors than photos

I feel bothered

Is like I feel a void in my stomach, my head feels dizzy and I have the urge to just go to a place without anyone, lay down a little and close my eyes, wishing that when I open then again things could be different, but they aren't.

Embarrassed and disgusted

I'm the last surviving member of my entire family tree. I have all the family photo albums, and I have burned ALL photos of myself. I have covered all mirrors in my apartment. I refuse to have my picture taken. I refuse to look at myself because it is too painful. I'm not like Elephant Man ugly, but I'm partway there, like 25% mutant, enough that I can't bear the comparisons to normies.

I honestly get pissed off, I can tell from looking at it all the hard work I've put into it and yet it ain't worth a hug as far as half the population is concerned. Makes me want to kill myself to finally end the pain

Sometimes I laugh, I'm like a clown in appearance I look so goofy.

I usually cry or feel like crying :cryfeels:

I want to punch my face tbh.

disgusted and sad

It ruins my day

It shocks me every time and I get that weird feeling in my stomach. The worst is realizing it's how everyone sees you.
I become extremely avoidant for a while, even more so than usual.

I always look at "old" photos (like 1 year old)
my face isn't giga bad its just extremly white cuz i never see the sun
i only get depressed if i see myself naked or in full mirror cuz im 5'5 jfl