Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How do you feel about the concept of love?

Ticcel

Ticcel

Product of an unjust world.
★★★★★
Some of you will say it’s not real because it’s based off of neurophysiological processes. I don’t agree since every aspect of ourselves has a biological component, unless you’re a spiritualcel I guess, which would mean nothing really exists.

So assuming it’s real, do you still want it? I think many here would agree that a woman’s love for a man stems form her perceiving the man as having a high SMV. Knowing this, would it bother you knowing a woman only loves you for superficial features? I ask this because it seems that the stereotypical love that is recognized by society, as seen in Disney fairy tales, and which many of us were were indoctrinated into believing,is not compatible with the black pilled understanding of love. I guess if I had to personally describe my past, child-like perception of love, a perception that I believe at least some of you here also possess, I would describe love as being a sort of unconditional intimacy, where the other person loves the other for who they are. That’s sounds great, right? Being loved for who you are? Well, once you explore what that means and your realize that “who you are”refers to more specific traits that reflect your quality of dna. And because love is dependent on these factors, you cannot say that love is unconditional. RealIzing all of this kind of shattered my naive views on love, and kind of destroyed the magic behind it. I’d compare it to figuring out how a magician performs a magic trick; once you figure out the inner workings of it, the magic is lost. And the awe that it used to induce, replaced by rationalization.
Anyways, do you still want love? If so, are you okay with the factors behind love?

Recent social contruct. "Love" is nothing more than primal lust.

I believe that love is unironically 100% real.

I have been in love several times but they were really autistic obsessive crushes that fizzled out a month later.

doesn't matter because I will never get to experience mutual love

What does an insect think about politics and philosophy?

the blackpill killed it for me. even if it was real i would never experience it anyway.

Which definition? And do you still want it?
Pls elab, because I don't think it is real at all.
At first, all this "lve us just a chemical bruh" is a retarded argument. A chemical makes it real. Reducing something to its physical traits doesn't make it less real. It actually makes a feeling valid.

But its simple: If you have ever been in love you know the feeling is real. If a lasting relationship between man and woman can work out is something else. I obviously don't know since Im an ugly loser, but at least for men the desire is real so it must have a purpose. Also women dream about love a lot unless they get old and bitter for not having their prince.

People without an internal monologue live life on easy mode
Very true. Although I was more drawing a comparison between myself and the insects tbh. Insects are completely ignorant to both of these concepts, which are totally foreign to them. In the same vein, love is such a foreign concept to me that I can't even have anything resembling a full understanding of it

Very true. Although I was more drawing a comparison between myself and the insects tbh. Insects are completely ignorant to both of these concepts, which are totally foreign to them. In the same vein, love is such a foreign concept to me that I can't even have anything resembling a full understanding of it
My bad I’m low IQ. So you’ve never loved someone?

friendship > love
friendship = magic
love = a shitty substitute for friendship

Love is probably wonderful when it's reciprocated, but for men like us, it almost never is, and that makes us vulnerable to exploitation and slavery :

"To put it another way: man is always searching for someone or something to enslave him, for only as a slave does he feel secure – and, as a rule, his choice falls on a woman. Who or what is this creature who is responsible for his lowly existence and who, moreover, exploits him in such a way that he only feels safe as her slave, and her slave alone?"

My bad I’m low IQ. So you’ve never loved someone?
I guess in general my family. But romantically, I'd say love is a two way street. And I'll I've ever found is dead ends

Love is probably wonderful when it's reciprocated, but for men like us, it almost never is, and that makes us vulnerable to exploitation and slavery :

"To put it another way: man is always searching for someone or something to enslave him, for only as a slave does he feel secure – and, as a rule, his choice falls on a woman. Who or what is this creature who is responsible for his lowly existence and who, moreover, exploits him in such a way that he only feels safe as her slave, and her slave alone?"
I definitely want the security that love provides. I wouldn’t respect my lover for it though.

Sociopath tier ngl
How can I? How can I respect someone who only loves me for my SMV? I’m not a sociopath because I’m still emotionally vulnerable to love, but I can still rationalize my disrespect

How can I? How can I respect someone who only loves me for my SMV? I’m not a sociopath because I’m still emotionally vulnerable to love, but I can still rationalize my disrespect
For me love is always genuine and true. If someone loves you to get your money or status, it is not love, but faked love to get an advantage.
The thought that love is connected with personality is noble and somehow true, but we all can't deny that looks play a role too.
I can't tell how much this attraction for lust is disconnected from love, because both serve in the end only to ensure reproduction.
Yet people see emotional love as something noble and love for the body as lust, even if it can go and in hand when loving someone.
Imo both is part of true love. The body is not disconnected from the mind. Everything else is esotericcope.

Same. Denying that is incredibly low IQ.
Its a cope for many. But I also believe certain individuals (very smart or either very dumb) are really uncapable of love.

love is only for the privilged. Not for us.

I believe that love is unironically 100% real.
For Chad people who are saying "chimical reaction or primal lust" are copeing hard asf.

Love is a joke. Foids love chad, pets, and their kids. That's it. They are unable to love subhuman men. So to me love is not real

Men feel love, women feel lust
full

Couldn't have said it better myself, my friend