Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How Do You Define Yourself?

A Good Friend

A Good Friend

True Force Loneliness
Are you an incel first and foremost?

Does everything else come second?

Is this the totality of your existence, or just a hat you wear when it's relevant?

No. If I let myself be defined by that then I've let everyone else win.

Not worth defining.

ugly sometimes

I recently got asked this question and I struggled so hard with it. I don't think about myself anymore, certainly not to the extent necessary to identify myself as something or other. I am just an input-output machine with multiple defects. Actually, I guess I just defined myself.

blickpall said:
I recently got asked this question and I struggled so hard with it. I don't think about myself anymore, certainly not to the extent necessary to identify myself as something or other. I am just an input-output machine with multiple defects. Actually, I guess I just defined myself.

I had trouble phrasing it, as well. It seems like a throwaway thought, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to know to what extent inceldom informed the community's lives and ability to function.

It's no doubt a handicap, but how much of one?

I'd like to say it doesn't define me. I really would.

A Good Friend said:
I had trouble phrasing it, as well. It seems like a throwaway thought, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to know to what extent inceldom informed the community's lives and ability to function.

I think it's a definite part, but "incel" is really an amalgam of many things, at least for me. High inhib + anxiety, certain facial features, being out of shape, etc. I think that incel is too broad a term for me to use as my primary descriptor because for other people, inceldom comes from something totally different and yet they are still incel.

I'm not sure what you mean by "to what extent inceldom informed the community's lives and ability to function," you mean impacted? Being incel has turned me into a shell of a person for the most part. I just don't care enough about 99% of life anymore. It has made me more nihilistic and pessimistic. It made it preferable for me to just operate as an unfeeling automaton than to nurture feelings. When feelings hit me, they hit me hard because I haven't felt something for so long that it's like I've lost my ability to control them, or my tolerance for them. I just don't feel anything on an average day. I wouldn't quite consider it anhedonia because I'm most certainly a hedonist, but it has some characteristics.

"Defining" yourself is fucking stupid.

Normies think we do that shit probably because they do that to themselves. I don't know about you guys but I don't. Don't let normies win by thinking they can put you in a box.

blickpall said:
A Good Friend said:
I think it's a definite part, but "incel" is really an amalgam of many things, at least for me. High inhib + anxiety, certain facial features, being out of shape, etc. I think that incel is too broad a term for me to use as my primary descriptor because for other people, inceldom comes from something totally different and yet they are still incel.
I'm not sure what you mean by "to what extent inceldom informed the community's lives and ability to function," you mean impacted? Being incel has turned me into a shell of a person for the most part. I just don't care enough about 99% of life anymore. It has made me more nihilistic and pessimistic. It made it preferable for me to just operate as an unfeeling automaton than to nurture feelings. When feelings hit me, they hit me hard because I haven't felt something for so long that it's like I've lost my ability to control them, or my tolerance for them. I just don't feel anything on an average day. I wouldn't quite consider it anhedonia because I'm most certainly a hedonist, but it has some characteristics.

In my experience, anhedonia comes and goes. It'd almost be preferable to feeling emotional pain, but you get joy back from time to time. You should check out Ligotti and his non-fiction title "The Conspiracy Against The Human Race." Not so great for depressives, but it's a very black pill, and he is anhedonic himself. The book goes into some interesting cases of ego death.

I used "informed" because I was kinda in a weird zone temporally with my thoughts; Like "how did you flower in such shitty soil?" or something. Impacted would be good too, but more for gauging how hard post-blackpill revelations have fucked up a once-solid worldview.

gstvtrp said:
"Defining" yourself is fucking stupid.
Normies think we do that shit probably because they do that to themselves. I don't know about you guys but I don't. Don't let normies win by thinking they can put you in a box.

Maybe "molded" would be better, but lets not pretend we're not mostly walking wounded here.

I can already tell by some of the "they win if I define myself" answers that it's a sore spot.

A Good Friend said:
In my experience, anhedonia comes and goes. It'd almost be preferable to feeling emotional pain, but you get joy back from time to time. You should check out Ligotti and his non-fiction title "The Conspiracy Against The Human Race." Not so great for depressives, but it's a very black pill, and he is anhedonic himself. The book goes into some interesting cases of ego death.
It's definitely preferable for me on a day-to-day basis. No expectations, no disappointments. Just toil and slave.

Added the book to my list, thank you.

A Good Friend said:
gauging how hard post-blackpill revelations have fucked up a once-solid worldview.
I was pretty much blackpilled, or at least mostly so, before I even found out about the incel community some years back. It is a natural consequence for me in my field of study (won't specify, too insular, sorry). I remember the pre-blackpilled me very well, and I still carry some vestigial elements of that life in my high inhib. I was basically content to "tough it out" when I was mistreated, expecting that one day my life would turn around if I kept trying at it. Any validation I got, I would extrapolate it mentally to absurdity. I was a bit of a cynical/sarcastic ass, but I was also bluepilled as fuck in some other regards. When the first few fragments of the blackpill started to reach my stomach a little over 10 years ago, I started shutting down. That process led to a full shut down around two years later, at which point I just became human filth basically for a long duration of time. Coming out of that period was tough and rewarding in its own way, but sometimes I wish I had just stayed a full-on degenerate that used drugs to dissociate from real life, surviving on the fruits of crime and manipulation. I'll stop here but I guess in summary, I'd say that the blackpill fucked me up pretty hard for a while but now we live in harmony for the most part and I'm thankful for it. This is better than the way I was 10 years ago, even though I had to sink even lower to get here.

I define myself as a victim of demonic criminal gang stalkers

A Good Friend said:
Maybe "molded" would be better, but lets not pretend we're not mostly walking wounded here.

I can already tell by some of the "they win if I define myself" answers that it's a sore spot.

Only because normies insist that we define ourselves as being incels and then they say that's the reason why we're incel. Makes no fucking sense and it has the causality all wrong.

gstvtrp said:
A Good Friend said:
Only because normies insist that we define ourselves as being incels and then they say that's the reason why we're incel. Makes no fucking sense and it has the causality all wrong.

I don't know about some fucked-up normie mind games or inceldom being some self-fulfilling prophecy, but the shoe fits, man.

I'd like to get laid. I can't. I'm a fucking incel.

A Good Friend said:
I don't know about some fucked-up normie mind games or inceldom being some self-fulfilling prophecy, but the shoe fits, man.

Yeah but they make it out more than it is.

Incel is a situation, not an identity.

Like if I have cancer, that just a crummy situation and I can feel bad about it but it's not my identity. Ideally I would want to stop having cancer.

gstvtrp said:
Like if I have cancer, that just a crummy situation and I can feel bad about it but it's not my identity. Ideally I would want to stop having cancer.

Studies show that even the label of "survivor" is displeasing and actually distressing to many former cancer patients. Just adding to the notion that labels that individuals can identify with doesn't necessarily mean that they embody them, while outsiders push them on others casually.

I don't know. An empty shell? I feel like I've lost everything that defined me as a person. There's nothing really left.

blickpall said:
Studies show that even the label of "survivor" is displeasing and actually distressing to many former cancer patients. Just adding to the notion that labels that individuals can identify with doesn't necessarily mean that they embody them, while outsiders push them on others casually.

Yeah of course it is. I would kind of be insulted being labeled a cancer survivor. Like, there's more to my life than just that, and even if I went through that suffering, all of the other suffering I've had in my life deserves acknowledgement too.

gstvtrp said:
A Good Friend said:
Yeah but they make it out more than it is.
Incel is a situation, not an identity.

That's a good example of what I'm talking about.

If you have cancer, of course you don't want it to be your identity, but it's going to affect nearly everything; what you eat, how you eat, why you have no energy, how you dress yourself, etc.

So while you may be a sculptor first and foremost, when you can't lift your chisel because of your condition, it can be said that it has hijacked your identity.

A Good Friend said:

If you have cancer, of course you don't want it to be your identity, but it's going to affect nearly everything; what you eat, how you eat, why you have no energy, how you dress yourself, etc.

So while you may be a sculptor first and foremost, when you can't lift your chisel because of your condition, it can be said that it has hijacked your identity.

Aha. This is really apt and I get the full picture now.

A Good Friend said:

Hmm, we should use this analogy in debates with normies.

gstvtrp said:
A Good Friend said:
Hmm, we should use this analogy in debates with normies.

I'm omitting the gulf of severity between our plight and cancer, but whatever pisses off the normalfags.

I'm not sure, im just me and don't have anything to be proud of (physically)

I don't live by definitions or labels because I always feel like I'm at a grey spot in life. There's no knowing when I'm right or wrong, nowadays I just go with the flow.

I identify as a KHV subhuman

I am a corpse wandering around aimlessly, waiting to be put down

A man waiting for the sweet release of death.

[font=Merriweather,]"There is an idea of a QuantumDummy; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable… I simply am not there.”[/font]