Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment how do you cope with the problem of evil oh religioncels

TheNEET

TheNEET

mentally crippled by sleepoverless teen years
★★★★★
I'm addressing religioncels who believe in a God who is
  • omnipotent
  • omnibenevolent
so the classical formulations of Abrahamic religions (and possibly some smaller monotheistic faiths)

usually the response to the problem of evil I get is a variation of these 3
  1. God is the one who defines what's good and what's not thus everything that happens is good
  2. without evil there can't be good (and without suffering there can't be pleasure)
  3. evil is a fault of fallen men (and a result of free will)
they're not convincing to say the least
here are my short responses
  1. this is pure cuckery and I'd honestly rather side with Satan than with God who says e. g. children born with incurable diseases just to suffer a few days and die are fine (believing in this God is basically siding with the wining side regardless of who's right and who's wrong)
  2. I think it's pure human thinking (it's proponents often use analogies to things like light and darkness) and limiting God's omnipotence (I know some people say omnipotence is dependent on human logic and pure bliss violates it); I'm not sure what that even means: light and darkness have to only exist somewhere in the universe for the light/darkness distinction to exist (or more practically have to be noticed by humans for the words to be created) so God can just have evil existing as a concept that doesn't manifest itself in this world (or manifests itself only once for us to know the difference); good/evil or light/darkness or suffering/pleasure don't have to exist alongside or be balanced as seen in our reality where some people experience barely any suffering while other experience all of it (and how would heaven/paradise work if that was the case?)
  3. our current reality wouldn't be free from suffering even if everyone acted perfectly; furthermore the God of the Bible often intervenes in this world thus the 'free will = no godly intervention' appears appears to be incorrect (at least in the realm of Abrahamic faiths); furthermore the omnibenevolent thing would be not creating beings capable of suffering if evil and suffering is inevitable
I'm not interested in a giant philosophical battle
I'm just asking about your personal way of dealing with it bc I guess every believer has his own explanation

I am sorry for this brutal no reply pill, better luck next thread.

You make solid points. I think that god ceased his direct interaction with earth following the resurrection of Christ, as that was sort of the “be all end all” act that would save all of mankind. I personally often go with option 3 as what I say. Option 1 is a pretty retarded argument though for sure, it even directly conflicts the bible. Option 2 I can sort of understand since I believe that the greatest joy is when you are lifted from impending despair into happiness, and vice versa with the greatest sorrow. That said, I do not think that contrast is the only way happiness and sadness can exist, and I think you are right that it would come into conflict with the idea of heaven

There's layers...or rather hierarchies of the existence to heaven and hell. At the very deepest layer of hell, and at the very highest realm of heaven, the two realms meet and merge into one, or rather; - are one realm. "The being" that inhabits the deepest layer of hell is necessarily the very same "being" that inhabits the highest realm of heaven. The two realms are one and no longer distinct from one another. The being that resides within this realm must be the ultimate evil (power of chaos, destruction) and the ultimate good(order, creation). The being that reflects the chaotic and orderly fascets of nature and reality; the chaotic and the orderly merely become infinite transformation. The being possesses the power to create with infinite complexity and to destroy with infinite indifference - rather transforming its creation into different expressions of itself. This being is flux or fire, change itself. That is, - its very nature; NOT good or evil - rather transformation, becoming, self-devouring and emerging.

If one looked into the eyes of such a being - if it even had eyes to be looked at for long enough, since the nature of this creature is in constant flux and transformation. One could not be certain if he looked into the eyes of the highest and noblest of angels or the most damned, grotesque creatures of hell.

--

No normalfag, no chad, no stacy, no becky(all lowercase filth) will ever venture anywhere close to the peaks of existence, to the depths of hell or the lofty heights of heaven. These filthy dull pigs belong in the mud - far, far away from the higher and respectively deeper realms of existence (which are all closer to the core, to the center of existence). Only to the blackpilled incel; the gates of heaven and hell are only open to him and those like him, - namely the creature or the individual that is the most damned, the most forgotten, the most in pain and the most abandoned by "God" , - is in effect the creature/individual the most loved and blessed, since for God or Nature there is no love, no hate... only transformation and the tools of transformation are pain and suffering.

Those that suffer the most, those that live on the cross all of their lives, for those for whom there is no light but only darkness in life.. only for those select few souls do the higher realms of heaven and hell open, leading the center of existence.

This picture has never been successfully refuted.
8609rrks1l411

The Noah (Nakh) - Dagestanian languages are the closest thing we have to a direct continuation of the cultural and linguistic community that gave rise to Western civilization.

The Noah (Nakh) - Dagestanian languages are the closest thing we have to a direct continuation of the cultural and linguistic community that gave rise to Western civilization.

I've seen your theories a few times here
they're very interesting
are these your original concepts or does it have a name (or is there a book or something about it)?

God created all. He gave people the freewill, but left the commandments as guidance.
We killed Jesus Christ his only son, and now he doesn't care anymore.
We will rejoin them in heaven.
Evil comes from the devil or evil people. It's true God did create mankind, but mankind was corrupted in the garden of Eden.
I don't blame God for the evil things going on today. The blame is on mankind not him.

good thread, love everyone input. i think about this often and 3

God created all. He gave people the freewill, but left the commandments as guidance.
We killed Jesus Christ his only son, and now he doesn't care anymore.
We will rejoin them in heaven.
Evil comes from the devil or evil people. It's true God did create mankind, but mankind was corrupted in the garden of Eden.
I don't blame God for the evil things going on today. The blame is on mankind not him.

I don’t think about that