Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR how do you be okay with being sober?

quinn24

quinn24

Stay asleep
★★★★★
(not exclusively referring to alcohol)

i don't have much to say about it, i can't help but notice how shit it is

tbh. I have no idea how sobercels cope. I’m only ever happy when I’m high.

One of the reasons why I have never tried to drink or do drugs is because I am afraid that I will never be able to return to sober world again.

I feel like people are wanting to escape more and more from society. Drugs/alcohol or virtual reality or fantasy escapism (star whores, anigay, grown ups coping with kids shit). In a sane society people would realize this is a bad sign. But honestly I think more people will just enhance the escapism as virtual reality gets more advanced and y'all countries legalize drugs. Over for sobriety and realism.

One of the reasons why I have never tried to drink or do drugs is because I am afraid that I will never be able to return to sober world again.
high iq. never try. drugs are too good.

i could understand why sobercels stay sober

I've been taking a break from alcohol so my liver won't give up on me.
If I could get my hands on other drugs, I would do them

I've been taking a break from alcohol so my liver won't give up on me.
If I could get my hands on other drugs, I would do them
ive been using other drugs partially to cut down on heroin use

even though i dont have a physical dependency

you adjust after a while sober. Depends on frequency of drug use. but if real life is shit then you'll want to use again. just do weed and psychs

I don't know bro. I don't really know anything else.

I'm basically always sober, aside from drinking a beer or two on occasion.

Honestly the main reason why I don't do drugs, is because I know that I would rob myself of the feeling of relative contentment and stability that I have now. Aside from being incel(which weighs heavily on me), and provided that I remain in my house, I feel alright. I don't want to introduce myself to something which will allow me to contrast my standard experience with the feelings I'll have when under the influence of narcotics. Chasing those artificial highs and ruining my dopamine receptors would hurt me far more in the long run, as it will make my sober hours seem insufficient and pale in comparison to a state that I couldn't sustain.

I'm not, the feeling is similar to a rainy day and the wifi is out and there's a party nearby that you aren't invited to.

Being sober makes me borderline suicidal.

So idk.

Some people like to enjoy sobriety for some reason

I'm not, the feeling is similar to a rainy day and the wifi is out and there's a party nearby that you aren't invited to.

i am always perpetually drumk even now been like that for 2 or 3 years now, mainly whiskey

I think that I should look on the bright side of life, even if I'm going through this stuff. I don't have physical withdrawals from heroin, but I do have a psychological obsession with it which fucks my shit up when i take breaks from it (due to being used to using). Using other drugs also seems to help me cope (although thats another problem on its own). Looking forward to getting high helps me cope when sober, but that obviosuly doesnt help. When I think about it, socializing with family definitely helps. Or socializing online for that matter. I sometimes take long breaks from using H altogether.

of course i will be able to look on the bright side of life if im high :lul:

I think that I should look on the bright side of life, even if I'm going through this stuff. I don't have physical withdrawals from heroin, but I do have a psychological obsession with it which fucks my shit up when i take breaks from it (due to being used to using). Using other drugs also seems to help me cope (although thats another problem on its own). Looking forward to getting high helps me cope when sober, but that obviosuly doesnt help. When I think about it, socializing with family definitely helps. Or socializing online for that matter. I sometimes take long breaks from using H altogether.

of course i will be able to look on the bright side of life if im high :lul:

heroin is bad

I try to limit alcohol/drugs to once or twice a month because I build tolerance quick.

I've never done drugs or drank any alcoholic drink before.
I do fine with my other entertainment related copes