Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How do you actually talk to others?

SubhumanGamer

SubhumanGamer

Returning to roots
★★★★★
I am very unsocialized and don't really know how exactly to communicate properly with others.

I've been trying to make online normie friends and fellow inkwell friends for some time but I just can't keep conversations going at all. Another hurdle I face is the mfers that are dry texters and give me Nothing to go off of (should I even bother with these types?)

I haven't really had friends since late 2019 so every facet of social skills, context clues, humor, and tone reading has severely decayed

Any advice would be appreciated

Press X when you get close enough to the NPC to initiate conversation

Press X when you get close enough to the NPC to initiate conversation
animecel2d_repost_if_truecel-gif.1224593

Say nigger a lot when you don't know what to say. Works like a charm.

Practice with AI TBH.

I only talk sometimes with my brother. Its extremely hard for me to talk to anyone offline or online.

i only talk if i'm forced to due to circumstances, if i talk, i talk like robot or something.

i don't talk to anyone voluntarily online or in real life, i never initiate conversations

Last edited:
I usually only talk with my family
And if i talk to someone that isn't family, it's just a very basic conversation

I am very unsocialized and don't really know how exactly to communicate properly with others.

I've been trying to make online normie friends and fellow inkwell friends for some time but I just can't keep conversations going at all. Another hurdle I face is the mfers that are dry texters and give me Nothing to go off of (should I even bother with these types?)

I haven't really had friends since late 2019 so every facet of social skills, context clues, humor, and tone reading has severely decayed

Any advice would be appreciated
ok here is my advice.
I have giga autism + social isolation, cant interact at all IRL with people. Cant relate. Never had IRL friends entire life and only started talking to people when I joined .is. Not even used social media.
Idk if you have autism, but people dont consider online real life. They draw a hard line, but people like me view online more like normies view IRL. When people ghost you online, they are probably boring anyway.

The way I get conversation going is by asking people about their life a lot, most people love talking about themselves a ton.
I also give a lot of information to people cuz autism.

talk to @To koniec about art, he knows a lot and you paint and draw too

ok here is my advice.
I have giga autism + social isolation, cant interact at all IRL with people. Cant relate. Never had IRL friends entire life and only started talking to people when I joined .is. Not even used social media.
Idk if you have autism, but people dont consider online real life. They draw a hard line, but people like me view online more like normies view IRL. When people ghost you online, they are probably boring anyway.

The way I get conversation going is by asking people about their life a lot, most people love talking about themselves a ton.

Understand The Good Doctor GIF by ABC Network

Best advice so far, thank you brocel

it's hard because every single generation is very different

basically if you didn't grow up properly with the other kids, you are fucked... any advice you get is likely to be outdated and lead you to more failure

it's hard because every single generation is very different

basically if you didn't grow up properly with the other kids, you are fucked... any advice you get is likely to be outdated and lead you to more failure
Depressing. Very very depressing...

Depressing. Very very depressing...
like just one thing that has changed is how much people use the internet now and stare at their phones, while still being social and having friends
it seems like it's impossible to square that circle right? like how do you even do it?
well the only way to really know is to actually grow up properly with your peers, then you will know how they do it by learning from them..

in general though a lot of stuff really is on the internet now, you ought to be on platforms like instagram and included in various online groups and chats where a lot of important communication happens, if you're not a part of those htings, then you already faced a brutal rejection and are basically not even aware of what is going on at all. barely even in the game.

@SocialzERo

idk if I talk it's just because I like the sound of my own voice, other people aren't interesting in any way so there's not really much to actually talk about

and eventually I get bored because of the sound of their voice

i usually use my mouth
sometime with my hand

Wdym? I just copy shit I see others do, nobody is genuine when they make small talk. It's all bullshit for the sake of bullshit. Everyone is super fake all the fucking time, that's just how it is.

ok here is my advice.

I will try to talk to him

Wdym? I just copy shit I see others do, nobody is genuine when they make small talk. It's all bullshit for the sake of bullshit. Everyone is super fake all the fucking time, that's just how it is.
the thing is you are copying small talk when you should really be copying the way they act in their exclusive social occurances where they actually socialize.

Do you see the issue with this proposal? Can't copy what you don't see. You are copying the shit they feel awkward doing and openly think that is what they do.

Social development requires you to have the experiences that led to the development. Not to just copy it and think that is the same as being developed / convinces them one bit