Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel How do people use MacOS

• Thread starter Deleted member 140
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 140

outnumbered KHHV minority of sexhavers.co
-
I just bought a macbook so I can normiemaxx and NTmaxx (but really to practice programming on Unix). There's no fucking default button to get back to the desktop. WTF?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? It's all some gesture bullshit, I feel like I'm suffocating and boxed in. :feelswhat: :feelswhat: :feelswhat: :feelswhat:

Brutal ngl i use windows

I legit bought a macbook air like two months ago and still haven't opened it. I actually bought it because I wanted to force myself to use macOS so that I don't have to use windows 10 but I can't bring myself to start.

That's your punishment for buying a MacBook.

I legit bought a macbook air like two months ago and still haven't opened it. I actually bought it because I wanted to force myself to use macOS so that I don't have to use windows 10 but I can't bring myself to start.

Windows 10 mogs brutally tbh.

I wasted $1300+ on this shit :feelsrope:

Should have installed linux alongside windows. I have Ubuntu 18 with win 10, half and half.

I actually had an A1466 Macbook Air for a time - about 6 months many years ago. I got it second hand off someone i worked with. It needed a new DC power in board and the battery was smoked. I took it on holiday with me and i did like how light and compact it was and it was my first experience with a machine running on an SSD. I was particularly impressed by the CNC machining done on those aluminium unibody cases. I also liked the battery life - i think i was on Yosemite at the time and i did manage to get an all day life out of it numerous times.

That said over all - in my opinion they are incredibly overpriced for the hardware you get - this machine i got had 4GB of RAM and an i5 processor and the guy i got it from paid £1300 for it from Apple if i remember right. At that price i thought it took the piss that it didn't have a full HD screen.The wifi was "buggy" from the start.

Just like you i found the OS experience incredibly limiting. It's more of an appliance than a computer. So when i saw the resale value i sold it. Homebrew paired with the terminal on Mac is quite useful but Windows 7 was better and I've been a mainly full time Linux-cel since 2017 anyway. Linux and an SSD makes old hardware run like the wind. My daily driver is a 10 year old cheap HP laptop.

Me. I am an Applecel because I have had bad luck with Windows computers and Android phones and have better luck with Apple stuff.

I use it because I don't have anything else

i wish i bought a macbook instead of a windows laptop tbh

I just bought a macbook so I can normiemaxx and NTmaxx (but really to practice programming on Unix). There's no fucking default button to get back to the desktop. WTF?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? It's all some gesture bullshit, I feel like I'm suffocating and boxed in. :feelswhat: :feelswhat: :feelswhat: :feelswhat:
MacOS is literally only good for laptop environments.

I actually had an A1466 Macbook Air for a time - about 6 months many years ago. I got it second hand off someone i worked with. It needed a new DC power in board and the battery was smoked. I took it on holiday with me and i did like how light and compact it was and it was my first experience with a machine running on an SSD. I was particularly impressed by the CNC machining done on those aluminium unibody cases. I also liked the battery life - i think i was on Yosemite at the time and i did manage to get an all day life out of it numerous times.

That said over all - in my opinion they are incredibly overpriced for the hardware you get - this machine i got had 4GB of RAM and an i5 processor and the guy i got it from paid £1300 for it from Apple if i remember right. At that price i thought it took the piss that it didn't have a full HD screen.The wifi was "buggy" from the start.

Just like you i found the OS experience incredibly limiting. It's more of an appliance than a computer. So when i saw the resale value i sold it. Homebrew paired with the terminal on Mac is quite useful but Windows 7 was better and I've been a mainly full time Linux-cel since 2017 anyway. Linux and an SSD makes old hardware run like the wind. My daily driver is a 10 year old cheap HP laptop.
Macbook air is made for foids. Macbook pro is the only one I'd get. It's expensive but it's enterprise grade like a Dell precision that would also be as expensive. In general , other laptops are shit.

apple products are for low-IQ people

You can go to the desktop if you move your mouse to the top right corner, right?

I got so sick of windows and mac, they are both so restrictive and always forcing updates on you and running a bunch of unnecessary bullshit in the background. Unless I need to use Word or Powerpoint or some some other windows/mac exclusive program like that I boot up linux. Dual boot windows/linux is the optimal setup

Macos is designed only for homosexuals

MacOS is alright if you are developermaxxing

its easy. just close all the windows/move them to the side ;)

Macbook air is made for foids. Macbook pro is the only one I'd get. It's expensive but it's enterprise grade like a Dell precision that would also be as expensive. In general , other laptops are shit.

In my opinion the best made laptops are probably Lenovo. Until becoming a Linux-cel my daily driver for many years had been a Lenovo Thinkpad T430. I also have an old cheaper Ideapad that i got off ebay. I'm actually going to wipe Windows 7 from that thinkpad and put Linux Mint on it and go back to using it full time and install my legacy Windows system (i still have a few things i use Windows for) on this shitty old HP laptop I've been using for the last 18 months.

i use linux

i have tried manjaro but crashed continuously, Ubuntu but it had too many bugs and now I am using mint.
I would be perfect if there were not a bug that ruins the whole audio sometimes

what distro do you recommend to me?

In my opinion the best made laptops are probably Lenovo. Until becoming a Linux-cel my daily driver for many years had been a Lenovo Thinkpad T430. I also have an old cheaper Ideapad that i got off ebay. I'm actually going to wipe Windows 7 from that thinkpad and put Linux Mint on it and go back to using it full time and install my legacy Windows system (i still have a few things i use Windows for) on this shitty old HP laptop I've been using for the last 18 months.
Lenovo are good too. The X1 series is nice. HP make shit products in my opinion

That was money you could have spent on copes but you just tithed it to the church of normie.

That was money you could have spent on copes but you just tithed it to the church of normie.

I can still return it whenever apple stores re-open, haven't decided yet. I think I may try to make the keyboard as greasy as possible tbh, then return it if I really hate it a week from now :feelsokman:

If you just want computer for casual use, you could buy a cheap laptop and a single board computer to run linux. You could also dual boot

Lenovo are good too. The X1 series is nice. HP make shit products in my opinion

Yeah. At the low end you can't really complain. You get what you pay for but i wouldn't touch any of the higher end products. Same with ASUS. A guy i used to work with i fixed his ASUS laptop several times. I replaced the DC-IN jack 3 times in 5 years.

Are you a white foid? Why are you buying a MacBook

Yeah. At the low end you can't really complain. You get what you pay for but i wouldn't touch any of the higher end products. Same with ASUS. A guy i used to work with i fixed his ASUS laptop several times. I replaced the DC-IN jack 3 times in 5 years.
Yeah. I'd either buy a low end (good value) or very high end. Anything in the middle is useless

Mac is just for status, not for practical use

Windows outperforms mac at everything in my opinion. Way easier to use and files seem to be more accessible. (I also dont tend to use apple products and dont like the layout they have for any of their electronics)