Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How do I tell my dad that he revs the car engine too much

Ricordanza

Ricordanza

Find me sittin by myself, no excuses then I know
★★★★★
Ever since I learnt how to drive I’ve noticed he revs the engine to 3-4k before upshifting which harms your fuel economy. He has been driving for almost 40 years now though and there isn’t a single scratch on our 2017 VW Jetta so he’s clearly experienced and knows what he’s doing. This is a sensitive subject because I’m hoping he’ll buy me a new Škoda Octavia VRS whenever it launches and i don’t want to piss him off :ha..feels:

Just let him rev the engine. There's no need to change a 40year old habit for a few pennies of fuel savings.

Ever since I learnt how to drive I’ve noticed he revs the engine to 3-4k before upshifting which harms your fuel economy. He has been driving for almost 40 years now though and there isn’t a single scratch on our 2017 VW Jetta so he’s clearly experienced and knows what he’s doing. This is a sensitive subject because I’m hoping he’ll buy me a new Škoda Octavia VRS whenever it launches and i don’t want to piss him off :ha..feels:
Just tell him that Allah wants him to stop reving the car so much. :feelsthink:

Just let him rev the engine. There's no need to change a 40year old habit for a few pennies of fuel savings.
Well the car barely gives an economy of 7-8kmpl. It’s a serious gas guzzler at this point. All Germans are but it used to give 10-11 in the city and with how expensive petrol is the saving will be more than a few pennies

Well the car barely gives an economy of 7-8kmpl. It’s a serious gas guzzler at this point. All Germans are but it used to give 10-11 in the city and with how expensive petrol is the saving will be more than a few pennies
7-8 kmpl? like in kilometres per litre? That would be 12 l/100km ... in a 2017 Jetta? Which engine does it have?

He’s not Muslim so why would he care what Allah wants?
You're right, it wouldn't work. Sorry for assuming that.
I think you need to do a very thorough calculation to find just how much extra money it costs him, and if it's really a substancial amount, you should show him that.

7-8 kmpl? like in kilometres per litre? That would be 12 l/100km ... in a 2017 Jetta? Which engine does it have?
Yeah in the city. I think it’s a 1.4 turbocharged TSI. Why do you ask?

Install a shift light.

Just let the man have fun ffs. It’s his car and he’s paying for the gas

Yeah in the city. I think it’s a 1.4 turbocharged TSI. Why do you ask?
Because 8kmpl is crazy high for a 2017 1.4 TSI, even with revving it to 4k in the city it shouldn't be that high

Install a shift light.
Mechanics in this third world shithole are too stupid to install anything that is aftermarket, especially on a VW
Just let the man have fun ffs. It’s his car and he’s paying for the gas
Yeah but he’s complained that the mileage is too low and he just blames it on being a German car, you see how that might lead to him not buying a Škoda in the future

Because 8kmpl is crazy high for a 2017 1.4 TSI, even with revving it to 4k in the city it shouldn't be that high
Maybe it’s an issue with the catalytic converter or something. Is the jetta used as a daily driver in Germany?

Maybe it’s an issue with the catalytic converter or something. Is the jetta used as a daily driver in Germany?
The 1.4 TSI engine is very popular here, average reported fuelconsumption is 6,8 l/100km, not 12 ....

Mechanics in this third world shithole are too stupid to install anything that is aftermarket, especially on a VW

Yeah but he’s complained that the mileage is too low and he just blames it on being a German car, you see how that might lead to him not buying a Škoda in the future
Go Asian. Much better quality

Either but Toyota is a wee bit better
Honda discontinued the civic and the accord in shitndia because we pay 50% taxes on cars. The only toyota available is the camry hybrid and that's as expensive as a C class or a 3 series. Literally the only sedan available in this segment is the octavia and the superb in the camry segment. All because of dumb fucking normies buying their raised hatchback fwd 'suvs'.

The only Honda sedan we have is a segment below the jetta which seems like a downgrade

r/woooosh

it's over for you, Chico. :smonk:

It wasn't a joke and the rest of us have to take into account that this space is inhabited by amerilards as well who are known to be dumb and arrogant

I always wind that bitch out

fuk da speed limit

indian cities are not like europe lol you go 10mph while cows and bicycles swerve in front of you

Did you decide what car you're buying
probably Hyundai ioniq but will wait till next year to see if job market recovers enough..if so I will aim for a more costly one

indian cities are not like europe lol you go 10mph while cows and bicycles swerve in front of you
That mostly happens in villages. The roads are alright here and most cars give 12-14kmpl in cities

big car to intimidate and mog other drivers
The ioniq isn't even big though. Sedans look and drive much better. Maybe go for the m340i or an actual suv like the a6 allroad

seems pointless telling him to change that tbh, let him keep his habots
u can teach an old dog new habits

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back