Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How do I stop being a jack-of-all-trades and start mastering a single skill?

gymletethnicel

gymletethnicel

Retarded sandnigger
★★★★★
398d 12h 47m
I think being a jack-of-all-trades has kind of ruined my online journey to becoming self-reliant through money earned online. I've dabbled in many things, but I've mastered absolutely nothing.

I have created apps. I've done basic video editing to create advertisements on Facebook. I've done advertising. I've created webshops and ran an online business. I have created a quiz site. I've traded in cryptocurrency. I have tried programming. What should I do? I want to start something online, but I am at a loss. If I had an additional 30k or so I could start businessmaxxing again no problem, but now I need to start something with a limited amount of money.

What should I try to master at this point? I cannot do cryptocurrency since I have a trauma because of that.

BlkPillPres @BlkPillPres

Last edited:
JoeBruhcel

JoeBruhcel

Legend
★★
27d 3h 59m
Yes.
But don't expect to make that much in the first few months, make an account in all the known freelancing sites and advertise your skills and what you can do.

nice_try

nice_try

Chad always wins
★★
12d 12h 50m
gymletethnicel said:
What should I do? I want to start something online, but I am at a loss.
you could start selling your bathwater

suckdick

suckdick

prophet
★★★★★
111d 7h 39m
Invent some shit and sell it to normies, you have enough knowledge to do that. Did you have any sells from your apps?

gymletethnicel

gymletethnicel

Retarded sandnigger
★★★★★
398d 12h 47m
suckdick said:
Invent some shit and sell it to normies, you have enough knowledge to do that. Did you have any sells from your apps?
Not really innovative, just created garbage tap games that were supposed to get me some ad revenue. I deleted the apps because they barely received any downloads. :fuk:

A big problem of mine was always garnering traffic, whether it was to my websites, YT channels or in this case apps.

ilieknothing

ilieknothing

Commander
★★★★★
72d 5h 5m
gymletethnicel said:
I have created apps. I've done basic video editing to create advertisements on Facebook. I've done advertising. I've created webshops and ran an online business. I have created a quiz site. I've traded in cryptocurrency. I have tried programming. What should I do? I want to start something online, but I am at a loss. If I had an additional 30k or so I could start businessmaxxing again no problem, but now I need to start something with a limited amount of money.
Lifemogs me to oblivion. All I do is work, watch TV and post here

gymletethnicel

gymletethnicel

Retarded sandnigger
★★★★★
398d 12h 47m
ilieknothing said:
Lifemogs me to oblivion. All I do is work, watch TV and post here
Look at my time online :feelsjuice:

BlkPillPres

BlkPillPres

I'm Not A Monster, I'm Just Ahead Of The Curve
★★★★★
143d 19h 28m
gymletethnicel said:
I think being a jack-of-all-trades has kind of ruined my online journey to becoming self-reliant through money earned online. I've dabbled in many things, but I've mastered absolutely nothing.

What should I try to master at this point? I cannot do cryptocurrency since I have a trauma because of that.

BlkPillPres @BlkPillPres
I can't even help you, I'm in the same boat, even made an app (game), and like you said in another post below, getting traffic is the hardest part, didn't delete it though.

Caesercel

Caesercel

Just pass me the rope already
★★★★★
197d 18h 41m
SlayerSlayer

SlayerSlayer

Luminary
★★★★★
90d 19h 55m
gymletethnicel said:

BlkPillPres @BlkPillPres

How do I stop jacking off all trades and start masturbating a single skill?

DarkMTS_57

DarkMTS_57

J3w Potter and The Philosophy Rigged
★★★★★
28d 6h 3m
Become the Master jack-of-all-trades.
Life is RuneScape.

suckdick

suckdick

prophet
★★★★★
111d 7h 39m
gymletethnicel said:
Not really innovative, just created garbage tap games that were supposed to get me some ad revenue. I deleted the apps because they barely received any downloads. :fuk:

A big problem of mine was always garnering traffic, whether it was to my websites, YT channels or in this case apps.
There is no point in creating something where competition is very big if you don't have money for advertising. Try to find some small niche, best if it's something you are already interested in. That way you can find some problems which people in that area experience, make app or web which fixes that problem. Generating traffic should not be a problem because if it fix real problem people will find it.

lemon21

lemon21

Autumn Cicada
★★★★
9d 19h 27m
A lot of us folks who want to get money online face the same problem, the absurd competition and the luck aspect of it all. to succeed most of the times you have to be creative , or have a real niche skill that people need.

I would like to advice you, but i'm on the same boat. destroying my brains for ways to make income online, my dream is to make $1000 per month. now im into nfts and stuff, and if you're lucky you can make a lot of money. cryptomines token went from $6 to $750 in a matter of months.

I didnt make an app or a website, but i wanted to make one and by your experience it seems like getting traffic is hard as fuck, which is a shame. now that i end with uni i will use 80% of my time to find ways to make a reliable income online, if i find something i'll let you know but probably i will end in the same place with the same ideas i had.

gymletethnicel

gymletethnicel

Retarded sandnigger
★★★★★
398d 12h 47m
lemon21 said:
A lot of us folks who want to get money online face the same problem, the absurd competition and the luck aspect of it all. to succeed most of the times you have to be creative , or have a real niche skill that people need.

I would like to advice you, but i'm on the same boat. destroying my brains for ways to make income online, my dream is to make $1000 per month. now im into nfts and stuff, and if you're lucky you can make a lot of money. cryptomines token went from $6 to $750 in a matter of months.

I didnt make an app or a website, but i wanted to make one and by your experience it seems like getting traffic is hard as fuck, which is a shame. now that i end with uni i will use 80% of my time to find ways to make a reliable income online, if i find something i'll let you know but probably i will end in the same place with the same ideas i had.
Uhhh I unironically got a long-term freelancing job for video editing a few hours after making this post. I will be paid 180 euros every 3 days with the potential to earn hundreds every day through commission of sales, so yeah. :feelsmage: Talk about coincidence.

I have to actively work though, but it is a nice extra income I guess.

lemon21

lemon21

Autumn Cicada
★★★★
9d 19h 27m
gymletethnicel said:
Uhhh I unironically got a long-term freelancing job for video editing a few hours after making this post. I will be paid 180 euros every 3 days with the potential to earn hundreds every day through commission of sales, so yeah. :feelsmage: Talk about coincidence.

I have to actively work though, but it is a nice extra income I guess.
Congrats man that's really nice and comfy, how much time did you invest into video editing and how did you get the job if you dont mind answering?

Emba

Emba

Jarjar Sphinx
★★★★★
123d 13h 21m
You literally need to be a polymath in order to successful be

Diocel

Diocel

A soup for one, please.
★★★★★
335d 12h 17m
The actual saying is "a jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one"

gymletethnicel

gymletethnicel

Retarded sandnigger
★★★★★
398d 12h 47m
lemon21 said:
Congrats man that's really nice and comfy, how much time did you invest into video editing
I kind of grew up with video editing, I used to make a lot of retarded meme videos as a kid. I get paid 20 euros per video, excluding commission, one video takes about 60 to 90 minutes, then I can edit new videos based on previous videos and that can take between 10 to 30 minutes. I will start with 2 videos a day, then 3 and then 4-5. So it would be fair to say that I am spending 3 to 4 hours a day workng.
lemon21 said:
how did you get the job if you dont mind answering?
Through a friend.

lemon21

lemon21

Autumn Cicada
★★★★
9d 19h 27m
gymletethnicel said:
I kind of grew up with video editing, I used to make a lot of retarded meme videos as a kid. I get paid 20 euros per video, excluding commission, one video takes about 60 to 90 minutes, then I can edit new videos based on previous videos and that can take between 10 to 30 minutes. I will start with 2 videos a day, then 3 and then 4-5. So it would be fair to say that I am spending 3 to 4 hours a day workng.
you're not that much of a jack of all trades then, you are badass in editing im sure.
gymletethnicel said:
Through a friend.
Mogs me

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8