Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment how did you foreigncels learn English?

• Thread starter Deleted member 14866
  • Start date
Deleted member 14866

Deleted member 14866

prescriber of dogpills
-
I watched about 10-12 hours of cartoons a day and the cable company were too lazy to translate Cartoon Network from english to my native language.So I ended up being able to speak english at 5 years old.

playing games, watching videos and reading english stuff

Audiobooks and lectures. Get an app where you can slow down the speed a bit. :feelsokman:

Besides that grammar books and vocabulary books.

I would guess that most learn it because it's the language everyone speaks and many imported goods and services like TV and stuff is often not in their native language. Same with road signs and other stuff like that. English must be difficult to learn though, despite that; there are so many words that mean different things and weird grammar concepts.

Lots of gaming, cartoons and natural talent tbh.

I was a history fan and after reading many books written in my language I began to read sources in english,then eventually become fluent in this language

Watching Infowars on my I phone during mass.

I was a history fan and after reading many books written in my language I began to read sources in english,then eventually become fluent in this language
Wouldn't you have started off not knowing wtf was going on in the English book though?
Regards, monolingual English speaking retard

I already knew some as a kid because of games and hegemonic American cultural influence.

Then the internet came about and I improved my English just through being exposed more to it. But I couldn't pronounce shit correctly at all, English phonetics are a nightmare.

Then in 2013 I thought "damn, I already know quite a lot of English, why not mastering it?" and decided to really put effort. I played Katawa Shoujo and thoroughly analyzed and wrote down everything I didn't know with its meaning and the phrase to give content.

That took quite a while but my English improved so much I was admitted in the last semester of an English course. Then I made a teacher's course but I hate being a teacher.

But tbh, except for phonetics, English is fairly close to Portuguese. I'm surprised some people like @knajjd can speak it so well at such young age, I take it Turkish is way more different from English than Portuguese.

During the highschool I hated so much staying in my country that I started studying the scientific subjects on English text books. That's how I ended up learning English.

School, games and cartoons. Of course, I also read a lot about variety of topics ranging from history to philosophy
English has a fucked up spelling but at least the grammar is pretty simple.
Also it took me a while to learn the phonetics properly, English has more sounds than Finnish.

Right now I'm trying to master the stress in English. English is a stress-timed language while Finnish is syllable-timed language.
I have barely noticeable accent. Only in some words is my stress off

Last edited:
Videogames, internet and english summer camps that made me even more socially akward.

Morrowind and oblivion gave me vocabulary and taught me how to read then world of warcraft forced me to learn how to write. I might sound edgy but school didn't teach me shit about english, I was always top of my class with absolutely no effort and without doing homework, just games.
Ritsu2

Now that I think about it, if I had learned english only from school I would be total brainlet in english.

I learned English by translating counterfeit yugioh cards in grade school tbh

I wish I was bilingual

Im not sure. South Park and school

Lots of Vidya, movies, songs etc just generally being infatuated with AmeriKKAn entertainment, and some reinforcement with grammar books

They probably studied the English language tbh. Whether it was from books or learning programs tbh.

take it Turkish is way more different from English than Portuguese.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Different

Like different language families all together