Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill How Airliners View All Men as Potential Child Molesters

E

Esoteric7

(╥﹏╥)
★★
British Airways

In March 2001, British Airways had a policy banning adult men from sitting next to unaccompanied children under 15, even if their parents were on board. This led to accusations that BA viewed men as potential pedophiles while ignoring female abusers. The issue gained attention when a business executive was asked to move seats, which he found humiliating. [1]

The passenger said:
The plane wasn’t full so I moved to be closer to two of my colleagues. I barely noticed the children. I was upset and embarrassed when I was asked to move. I felt I was being singled out and that I was being accused of something.

British Airways replied:
We introduced the policy . . . in response to customers asking us to make sure their children are not seated next to men. We were responding to a fear of sexual assaults. We have to try to ensure that the children are in the safest possible place. It’s done with the best of intentions.

In 2005, Michael Kemp experienced a similar situation, despite the child’s parents being on the flight. [2]

Mr. Kemp said:
The little girl's mother put her in the window seat next to me and then went to her own seat further back.

When everyone was seated, the stewardess asked my wife if she would sit next to the girl. Frances explained why she couldn't move and I thought I could resolve the problem by moving up and letting the girl sit between us.

To my amazement, the stewardess said BA had a rule that no unaccompanied child under 16 may be seated next to an adult male stranger - even if there's a woman on the other side.

The discussion went on for several minutes but she refused to back down and said we could not take off until the problem was sorted out. I heard her muttering to a colleague that everyone would have to disembark.

She didn't seem embarrassed - just rather irritated that it was taking up so much time.

The whole thing caused a good deal of inconvenience which could have been avoided if BA had spotted the problem when we booked our tickets.

Critics, like Boris Johnson, condemned the policy, arguing it unfairly presumed all men were pedophiles and ignored female perpetrators.

In 2010, businessman Mirko Fischer sued BA for sex discrimination after being forced to switch seats away from his pregnant wife due to the policy. He won the case, and BA paid £2,161 in costs and £750 in damages. [3]

Fischer said:
I felt humiliated and outraged. They accuse you of being some kind of child molester just because you are sitting next to someone.

There were no raised voices but we were in a public place and there were obviously people around us wondering what was happening.

It is sex discrimination. I want this policy to be substantially changed as it is a matter of principle. Women are not treated like this.

Following this, BA reviewed the policy and, in August 2010, began seating unaccompanied children near cabin crew without gender-based restrictions.

In 2016, BA discontinued its “Unaccompanied Minor” service for children under 12. [4] Children under 12 must now be accompanied by an adult aged 16 or over.

A spokeswoman for BA said:
Despite the overall growth in our customer numbers over the last decade, demand for our unaccompanied minor service has declined by two thirds, falling by 21 per cent in the last year.

We have concluded with regret that we can no longer offer this service.

Qantas and Air New Zealand

In 2005, Qantas and Air New Zealand had similar seating policies to British Airways, where men couldn’t sit next to unaccompanied children. A passenger, Mark Wolsay, was asked to switch seats with a woman on a Qantas flight in 2004. Wolsay called the policy discriminatory, and New Zealand’s Green Party reported it to the Human Rights Commissioner. [5]

Wolsay said:
I felt that it was totally discriminatory. Besides the point of what the hell was I going to do on a crowded flight.

I think this is a gross over-reaction by the airlines. What do they think men are going to do that women won't? It is the same as saying men shouldn't sit beside children on a bus.

Protests followed, including a 22-hour treetop protest by double amputee Kevin Gill, who warned the policy could lead to men being banned from sitting near children in other public spaces.

In Australia, Cameron Murphy, barrister, civil libertarian and Labor Party member of the NSW Legislative Council, condemned the policy as unjustified, arguing it wrongly assumes all men are a threat while ignoring female offenders and child abusers. [6]

However, some defended it, such as NSW Commissioner Gillian Calvert, who cited the higher number of male sex offenders. [7].

Ms. Calvert said:
I think they [the airlines] are probably reflecting the statistical evidence that the majority of child sex offenders are men.

In the absence of other tests, it is one way that airlines can reduce the risk to children in their care.

The policy resurfaced in 2012 when a 31 year-old nurse Daniel McLuskie was asked to switch seats on a Qantas flight where he was seated next to a 10 year old girl, feeling humiliated by being treated as a potential pedophile. Qantas defended the policy, saying it was standard across airlines. [8]

McLuskie said:
There were people that looked during the actual move, people looked at me or looked around because there was a bit of a ruckus at the back of the plane.

And then the man in front of me throughout the flight kept looking at me and obviously my sense of paranoia was heightened, if you want to call it that, because of what had occurred.

After the plane had taken off, the air hostess thanked the woman that had moved but not me which kind of hurt me or pissed me off a bit more because it appeared I was in the wrong, because it seemed I had this sign I couldn't see above my head that said 'child molester' or 'kiddie fiddler' whereas she did the gracious thing and moved to protect the greater good of the child.

They got back with a semi-sympathetic apology, if that.

I was just told it was the policy and it was what people who send unaccompanied minors on flights want and it's not their fault, which I disagreed with at the time...

I think it absolutely sucks, it's totally and utterly discriminatory in my mind, it's a complete and utter generalisation...

You don't know who the person is and it's highly unlikely [that a child will be harmed on a flight]. If a child is going to be harmed or hurt it's probably going to be by someone closer to them than a stranger on a flight.

I was absolutely fuming, I couldn't have been angrier at Qantas.

I hate to say this but it is a sign of that reverse discrimination that occasionally exists out there.

A Qantas spokesman said:
Qantas' policy is consistent with other airlines around the world and is designed to minimise risk.

The policy reflects parents' concerns and the need to maximise the child's safety and wellbeing.

In most instances unaccompanied children are allocated seats prior to boarding and there are no issues.

On the rare occasion where a male passenger is seated next to an unaccompanied child, airlines need to take care when moving passengers to ensure this is done discreetly and respectfully.

We try to pre-seat children in the most appropriate areas, however due to late bookings we will sometimes need to move the child to seat them in a more appropriate area.

Virgin Australia

In 2012, Virgin Australia had a similar policy. Johnny McGirr, a 33-year-old firefighter from Sydney, was asked by a flight attendant to move seats because he couldn’t sit next to two unaccompanied 10 year-old boys. [9] The attendant asked a female passenger to take his place, explaining the policy.

McGirr said,
The incident left me angry, embarrassed and acutely aware of how society has become fearful of everyone.

As I collected my things from the seat pocket I could see people looking at me and wondering why I was being moved. I was red from embarrassment.

The irony of the situation is that I am a(n) emergency service worker and if the children were in trouble I would be given the responsibility of protecting them.

After public backlash on Twitter, Virgin Australia decided to review its policy that prevented men from sitting beside unaccompanied children on flights:
We understand the concerns raised around our policy for children travelling alone, a long standing policy initially based on customer feedback. Our intention is certainly not to discriminate in any way.

Unaccompanied children will have spare seats allocated next to them when they are flying. In the case of a full plane then a female will be sat next to the children.

John Shehan of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in the United States said:
We’re trying to prevent child victimization. We know the overwhelming majority of sex offenders are male, so by removing that situation you’re lowering the risk. [10]

[1] http://www.vaeter-aktuell.de/english/British_Airways_-_Men_cannot_sit_with_lone_children_2001.pdf

[2] https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front...next-to-children-they-don-t-know-7082196.html

[3] https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10401416

[4] https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...nor-service-in-bid-to-cut-costs-a6895931.html

[5] https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/ban-on-men-sitting-next-to-children/NNJTPQDPA22Y4UKXVRHA5M6I34

[6] https://web.archive.org/web/20110616195216/http://www.postcourier.com.pg/20051130/pacific.htm

[7] https://www.smh.com.au/national/airlines-in-hot-seat-over-child-policies-20051130-gdmjkn.html

[8] https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel-troubles/7468866/Nurse-humiliated-by-Qantas-seating-policy

[9] https://www.nbcnews.com/business/tr...lia-policy-made-him-feel-pedophile-flna935270

[10] http://www.mensactivism.org/news.mensactivism.org/?q=node/19539

@Fat Link @Dregster @proudeeb pin plz

Last edited:
historians of the future will have to write convoluted treatises to try and explain why a society with sharply declining fertility rates was going out of its way to attack males, demonize male sexuality, and promote abortion

The irony of the situation is that I am a(n) emergency service worker and if the children were in trouble I would be given the responsibility of protecting them.
Responsibility must be given for their actions. Never help anyone.

historians of the future will have to write convoluted treatises to try and explain why a society with sharply declining fertility rates was going out of its way to attack males, demonize male sexuality, and promote abortion
there won't be a society Left:feelshaha:
based Extinction tbh

there won't be a society Left:feelshaha:
its all literaly fiction
there will be a 'society,' it will just be a bunch of niggers running around tearing down statues and watching tiktok

Why am I not surprised Anglo countries are leading the charge here? I think it’s incredible the guys actually fought back and actually changed policy. Policies like this just encourage further dehumanization of men in a world where non-Chads are already treated as expendable. We have a justice system for a reason, move sexual offenders and treat everyone else as innocent until proven guilty. Airplanes are also incredibly public places, so risk of abuse is low there. I guarantee none of those cucks defending their in-flight policies will be for banning mtf trannies from women’s bathrooms in airports.