Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Honesty isn't always the best policy

LostSoulUK

LostSoulUK

Officer
★★★
Like many incels, I pride myself on raw unfiltered honesty, believing it to be the most authentic version of myself which I believe to be true as it represents a care free attitude which we all aspire to in this life.

Nevertheless, there's times were honesty can do more harm than good an leaves you vulnerable. Any mention of you're mental health or other issues will expose you're vulnerability. People unconsciously will use that against you, llke "here he is getting worked up again" type deal. This is especially prevalent in the workplace, I basically mentioned my anxiety issues to my boss so now she unconsciously overlooks any workplace politics like bullying and scapegoats me for getting 'worked up'.

People at home have been doing this to me for years, any rational feelings I have are dismissed because 'I'm getting worked up' again. And this isn't just exclusive to these issues, honesty can fuck you up without you realising and we often say things that we don't truly believe. Imagine openly admitting you're a virgin incel, it would confirm people's suspicions of you, further oppressing any self respect you have left. I'm as brutally honest as they come, often to my own demise, but I guess I'd rather be this way than fake and phoney as I'm sure many of you would agree with :whatfeels:.

Life is all about appearances, nobody actually likes honesty or the truth

honesty is never the best policy

I agree completely. Do not give people ammunition to use against you. Do not stand out in any way that you can help. Fit in as much as your ugliness allows. Disarm people with a relatable demeanor. You will not have the advantage of the halo effect, but there are still ways to gain peoples' trust.

If everyone else is lying to you, you're under no obligation to not be deceptive towards them.

Your goal is to not stick out. Be dishonest and use the most generic responses to things. Don't feel bad about lying in these types of situations as everyone else is, mainly foids, without remorse. Think of everyone seeing you as a potential threat especially all foids, so why arm them with your insecurities to use against you.
I agree completely. Do not give people ammunition to use against you. Do not stand out in any way that you can help. Fit in as much as your ugliness allows. Disarm people with a relatable demeanor. You will not have the advantage of the halo effect, but there are still ways to gain peoples' trust.
This exactly.

Your goal is to not stick out. Be dishonest and use the most generic responses to things. Don't feel bad about lying in these types of situations as everyone else is, mainly foids, without remorse. Think of everyone seeing you as a potential threat especially all foids, so why arm them with your insecurities to use against you.

This exactly.

true, although lately I've been doing exactly that, not giving a fuck what people think of me at work and just saying it as it is, as raw as I am at home. All of a sudden, people have taken notice of me after 2 years of complete ignorance.

People I've barely said 2 words to are now somehow approaching me and having full conversations about life and stuff in a casual way not evasive like before. Some are still very ignorant which I reiterated to the boss but there's been a notable perception shift. It's almost like I'm now being respected despite my brutal honesty, before I was a lot more shy but now I shoot from the hip about anythin and everythin. This suggests to me that what I was doing before wasn't working, an now as brutal as I am, it's coming from an authentic place. Before my social anxiety dictated my evasive behaviours, its still bad but I finally have a voice, its amazing to see the shift in response from being more vocal in general without fear of judgement.

Like many incels, I pride myself on raw unfiltered honesty, believing it to be the most authentic version of myself which I believe to be true as it represents a care free attitude which we all aspire to in this life.

Nevertheless, there's times were honesty can do more harm than good an leaves you vulnerable. Any mention of you're mental health or other issues will expose you're vulnerability. People unconsciously will use that against you, llke "here he is getting worked up again" type deal. This is especially prevalent in the workplace, I basically mentioned my anxiety issues to my boss so now she unconsciously overlooks any workplace politics like bullying and scapegoats me for getting 'worked up'.

People at home have been doing this to me for years, any rational feelings I have are dismissed because 'I'm getting worked up' again. And this isn't just exclusive to these issues, honesty can fuck you up without you realising and we often say things that we don't truly believe. Imagine openly admitting you're a virgin incel, it would confirm people's suspicions of you, further oppressing any self respect you have left. I'm as brutally honest as they come, often to my own demise, but I guess I'd rather be this way than fake and phoney as I'm sure many of you would agree with :whatfeels:.
Never show weakness towards foids and normies, by default we are already at the limit for that.

I agree. Camouflage yoursef into society is a way to survive.

true, although lately I've been doing exactly that, not giving a fuck what people think of me at work and just saying it as it is, as raw as I am at home. All of a sudden, people have taken notice of me after 2 years of complete ignorance.

People I've barely said 2 words to are now somehow approaching me and having full conversations about life and stuff in a casual way not evasive like before. Some are still very ignorant which I reiterated to the boss but there's been a notable perception shift. It's almost like I'm now being respected despite my brutal honesty, before I was a lot more shy but now I shoot from the hip about anythin and everythin. This suggests to me that what I was doing before wasn't working, an now as brutal as I am, it's coming from an authentic place. Before my social anxiety dictated my evasive behaviours, its still bad but I finally have a voice, its amazing to see the shift in response from being more vocal in general without fear of judgement.
I see. I think its good that you are speaking out in general, most normies tend to be quiet to not stand out. I might be wrong what I said before.
It maybe just be a factor of picking your battles and who is around really to how unrestricted your thoughts become. I think you form a reputation of trustworthiness when you are plainly blunt and honest because people will think you won't lie or manipulate them. I used to be really honest after I had enough being quiet all the time, but it did not help me socially, its more split between the two now.

Maybe just in general don't state any personal issues/weaknesses particularly around foids since they gossip and weaponize that shit.

Yup, never ever tell the truth. Everyone is lying at all times, it's just one of those human drives that we can't seem to shut off. If you choose to be tell the truth then you are basically handicapping yourself even further.

Be scummy, lie, cheat. That's the only chance you'll have in this normie hellworld.

Yup, never ever tell the truth. Everyone is lying at all times, it's just one of those human drives that we can't seem to shut off. If you choose to be tell the truth then you are basically handicapping yourself even further.

Be scummy, lie, cheat. That's the only chance you'll have in this normie hellworld.
This site is the only place we can say the truthZ

Blackpill us reality, but since it would cause unrest if it was generally accepted society does what is can as a collective to censor it

Yeah, I think instead of being honest this would be the best strategy:
1) Determine what the other person likely wants to hear
2) Determine if the other person is likely to find out what you really think
3) If 2) can be excluded, proceed telling her the result 1)
4) If 2) is unlikely, then
4a) Determine something which is a compromise of what the other person wants to hear and what you can later "defend" OR
b) Pick another topic
5) If 2) is likely, then try to avoid the topic

There are a few exceptions. If you are very sure you are right and you can prove it and it's not about politics or religion, then you should try to convince them because if they find out the truth you will gain status.

Unfortunately I myself am way to honest for this strategy.

you can’t be honest, you have to give in to groupthink and NPC mindset if you’d like to survive and become decently successful unfortunately, shit sucks but there’s truly not much you can do, I wasted too much time being angry abt it

I absolutely agree. Sometimes you need to lie to survive in society

Society is a self-perpetuating organism, not a vehicle for self-expression

Authenticity doesn't exist

I feel like your honesty is not your problem.

The problem is your naive openness. I heard that autistic people often are way to open about themselves.
Remember that they don't need to know everything about you and you are not obliged to tell them everything.

I remember telling a short Mexican cashier at an alcohol store that she was short as a response to her saying she had weak alcohol tolerance and she took it as an insult. That's when I realized that you're not supposed to acknowledge a person being in some way mogged by a theoretical mogger who isn't even there. Pointing out she's short is like saying she's not a model since models are all tall. After you decipher foid language to lose a lot of enthusiasm since it's such a bother.