Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Honestly: do we have Free Will

M

malakai

Banned
-
Or is our actions and lives set in stone ?

I believe we have will power but you have to play with the cards you've got.

Everything you feel is primarily based on factors that you can't control

I have no will power

I think we don't. Brain imagery can show how "conscious" decisions are preceded with blips indicating an unconscious thought process going on. Whatever action you take is also entirely dictated by your genes. You also have zero control of other people's reactions or perceptions which are different depending on how attractive you are.

These kind of questions can't be answered.

No
I think we don't. Brain imagery can show how "conscious" decisions are preceded with blips indicating an unconscious thought process going on. Whatever action you take is also entirely dictated by your genes. You also have zero control of other people's reactions or perceptions which are different depending on how attractive you are.

Not entirely by your genes. Environmental factors also have a huge effect but it's not like you can control them

No

Not entirely by your genes. Environmental factors also have a huge effect but it's not like you can control them
I mostly meant one's creativity, wit and swagga. I think all of these are highly inherited.
Let me give an example. The same movement done by a guy with swag will benefit him but would hurt an aspie like me.
I could decide to suddenly break-dance in front of a group of girls, just like the swagga guy can but in my case they will laugh at me whereas in his it'll probably help him get laid if he isn't ugly.

free will is illogical. your thoughts and actions are governed by brain chemistry which is shaped by genes and environment. you don't choose any of that

I don't believe so.

I believe we have will power but you have to play with the cards you've got.

Everything you feel is primarily based on factors that you can't control
We have a negligible degree of control, yes

free will is illogical. your thoughts and actions are governed by brain chemistry which is shaped by genes and environment. you don't choose any of that

You can do whatever you want with your life if it depends only on you. If it involves other people like sex or career it's not up to your free will but to free will of others.

Did u choose to be born into this life?

Free will is a humanistic lie and delusion of man who desires autonomy.

“In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God hovering above? At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will.”

Free from what? Determinism? Nope, but free will as a concept was constructed before the discovery of the deterministic properties of the universe. It's up there in Genesis, the forbidden fruit, the one that gives humans knowledge of good and evil and their ability to choose.

In reality good and evil are very relative terms. Free will is a totally obsolete term that only processes through ancient, derelict ideas of the world. Its continued use and existence will plague mankind as its fabric constricts people from thinking outside the box.

In the strictest sense of the phrase, free will does not exist and is impossible, even in theory, in a universe governed by causality.