Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Have you ever heard of this Brazilian band?

Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★

Just had a nostalgia overload upon being randomly reminded of that by a friend. Cansei de ser Sexy (I got tired of being sexy) was the first popular hipster band to become famous in Brazil in the mid 00s. The general reception here was poor, to the point a very famous comedy show from Brazil made a parody of it which perhaps became more famous than the band itself, but they actually got into the top 100 in some years in England and elsewhere, and have played around the world.

The band is mostly composed of foids but the only guy there was the mastermind who composed and arranged all the good songs.

I used to listen to this in high school, it was like a musical "guilty pleasure", but then I stopped and haven't heard it for years. Some songs like this one are unironically good tbh.

Here's the parody of it, it's funny tbh.

@wizardcel
@KilluminoidBR
@GameDevCel
@JeffGoldblumInTheFly

why are Brazilian music videos always so low quality lol

ngl sounds very good
Most underappreciated Brazilian band ever. People have the habit of getting caught up in the style or some other detail and overlook the quality of the song itself. It's the same phenomenon from Doujin Music, where musical masterpieces are brushed aside as weird high pitched ricewhore songs and equated with generic J-Pop/K-Pop stuff.

Mainländer
nice avi with color

Not really sorry. Not my type of music.

@wizardcel
@KilluminoidBR
@GameDevCel
@JeffGoldblumInTheFly

Caralho hermes e renato não perdoa auhauhaha, I remember this band but I didn't know that this was a parody of them, I wonder if boça was truecel

@wizardcel
@KilluminoidBR
@GameDevCel
@JeffGoldblumInTheFly

That song should be played in every Brazilian university.

havent heard of it but im gonna listen to it

I never heard of it

Foid band, WTF, no thanks.

Would listen to Jmetal (a.k.a. ricemetal) instead.

Or some curry metal bands, sung by truecels for the truecels.

Or some Arabian sandmetal.

I've never heard of tbh
You were too young back when they were big.

The only guy there was the composer and arranger of all, therefore some songs are good. When he left the band it became utter shit.

But I too usually dislike foid music, especially when they write the lyrics, which are always about Chad. I think men writing and arranging everything and then foids only singing is a good arrangement, pretty much all J-Pop and doujin music is made like that.