Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Have any of guys tried coping with pets?

TheIncredibleIncel

TheIncredibleIncel

Veteran
★★★
I've been watching videos of cute animals to keep my mind off of things. I've recently become interested in Cockatiels.

Yes i was also watching a lot of bird videos

Pets need time, care and money. I do not recommend pets unless you're settled in life or if you have given up and just want something to take care of no reason other than to pass the time. I especially don't recommend them if you have anxiety issues. If you're low status, a pet will only hold you back, as it will take up much energy from you, energy you need to focus on yourself.

I have multiple dogs, all over 10 years old now, but they're the last dogs I'll ever have unless ascend, get married, have kids, then I would get dogs for my kids, but other than that, I'm not going to have any dogs anymore just for the sake of having dogs.

Yes.
I have 4 reptiles, and I love them to bits.
Since getting them along with proper antidepressants and getting a job, my depression and anxiety have gotten A LOT better.

Whenever I feel down, I look over at my chubby leopard gecko’s face, and think to myself,
“Fuck man how did I get so lucky? I’m so proud of my boy!”

At this very moment in time, I haven’t experienced any depressing thoughts.
I’ve just been content.

Yes it works pretty well for me. I used to have a pet frog (toad) but it died 2 years ago which crushed me because that was like the only friend I had.

Considering getting a python/snake

hopefully it will choke me in my sleep

Think about cats sometimes but as long as I live with my father a pet will never happen

I hate pets. theyre annoying as fuck

I have a cat and he’s my best friend ever tbh. I’m dreading the day he dies..:cryfeels:

Not even my parakeets like me. I had a cockatiel which was very tame and cute, but it flew away when I had to go outside to grab something.

Was nice to live with cat

yes cats are very nice

If you rope, your pet would be alone. If you can barely care of yourself, forget it.

My mom had an extremely adorable cat, that was incredibly cuddly. You could flop it on its belly. It would playfully "bite" you, but it never hurts, it's just keeping your finger in her mouth.
She was very cute. When we got her, she kept miauing in the cage, untill we let her out in the car.

I have a little terrier. He's my only irl friend.

Cats are a scientifically proven cope, along with dogs. Dogs are just good companions in general, but very high maintenance. Cats purring vocalization is proven to reduce stress and promote healing in soft tissues, lying on a couch with a cat on your belly purring loudly is a super relaxing and nice experience.

My cat was actually a pretty decent cope tbh. He felt like a brother/son, when he died it felt like I had been crushed by a silverback gorilla :feels:

Be careful with pets, they can be the greatest cope but after you lose them you can end up even worse than before

I have a cat and i used to have bunnys.

Yes. But if they ever run away or when they inevitably die, it will destroy you and makes you descend even further mentally. At least if you're like me and don't have human friends.
I used to have two cats, the little time I spent with them was wonderful. It makes you feel like a little kid with a teddy bear except they're alive and can actually kind of respond to you which makes it even better. But when I lost them, I was all alone again.

I would very much like to have a cat or a dog. I think incels can appreciate pets a lot because we're so lonely.

Pets need time, care and money. I do not recommend pets unless you're settled in life or if you have given up and just want something to take care of no reason other than to pass the time. I especially don't recommend them if you have anxiety issues. If you're low status, a pet will only hold you back, as it will take up much energy from you, energy you need to focus on yourself.

Good advice. I had a cat for 16 years and if you are working and are living alone it is not going to work well. The pet is going to become unhappy because the time you spend with it is not enough. Pets are good if you are living together with someone who is always at home to take care of it. Even if you work at home it is not going to work that well. You will really need a few hours each day that you play or cuddle with the pet. Otherwise the pet will be unhappy and will not make you happy either.

Yeah, I have a very graceful and calm cat. She is the best, she seems to be quite intelligent for an animal, she always notices when I'm feeling bad and cuddles with me.

I have a cat and he’s my best friend ever tbh. I’m dreading the day he dies..:cryfeels:
Same bro, it will be tough. I wish cats could live forever.

Yes, they are a good cope. I have three rabbits, they don't ignore me or see me with disgust like all the normies in my college do.

I've been watching videos of cute animals to keep my mind off of things. I've recently become interested in Cockatiels.

My mother feed about 50 homeless cats like three times a week.

It’s cuckdom except the 0.0001% that your human charge has of paying off the money and time you spent becomes 0.0% with a pet.

Cats are the best pets for incels IMO, when I pet my cat I always get a smile on my face and I forget about my situation for a bit.
Dogs are ok, but too high maintenance for me.

It would be cool to have a cat or dog for the company, but the expense and potential mess among other factors make it a no-go for me. I couldn't deal with stray hairs popping up all over my carpets, vet bills and whatnot. I live alone anyway, so I couldn't have a dog or cat and leave it in my home by itself all day when I'm out at work.

I used to want a pet when I was younger, sometimes it was all I ever thought about. These days I just want to rot

No because my hate for women extends to other lifeforms. Pets are like women. It’s a waste of cash.

I watch pet vids everyday. Also had cats my whole. I prefer animals to humans much more and I can communicate with pets like I am an animal whisperer
Dogs* need time, care and money.
Yes.
I have 4 reptiles, and I love them to bits.
Since getting them along with proper antidepressants and getting a job, my depression and anxiety have gotten A LOT better.

Whenever I feel down, I look over at my chubby leopard gecko’s face, and think to myself,
“Fuck man how did I get so lucky? I’m so proud of my boy!”

At this very moment in time, I haven’t experienced any depressing thoughts.
I’ve just been content.
Reptiles have as much empathy as Chinese ppl. Mammals r the best
Cats are a scientifically proven cope, along with dogs. Dogs are just good companions in general, but very high maintenance. Cats purring vocalization is proven to reduce stress and promote healing in soft tissues, lying on a couch with a cat on your belly purring loudly is a super relaxing and nice experience.
My kitty is on my belly everyday, good to hear
Yeah, I have a very graceful and calm cat. She is the best, she seems to be quite intelligent for an animal, she always notices when I'm feeling bad and cuddles with me.

Same bro, it will be tough. I wish cats could live forever.
My cat when i was 12(rip) always came up to me when I was crying even tho I was a little sadist fuck
It would be cool to have a cat or dog for the company, but the expense and potential mess among other factors make it a no-go for me. I couldn't deal with stray hairs popping up all over my carpets, vet bills and whatnot. I live alone anyway, so I couldn't have a dog or cat and leave it in my home by itself all day when I'm out at work.
U can let ur cat outside. mine is 70% of the time outside
No because my hate for women extends to other lifeforms. Pets are like women. It’s a waste of cash.
How?

Last edited:
Cats are good for incels. They LDAR most of the day, and you don't really have to take care of them much. I live in home, so when my cat wanted to piss/shit he just gave me a signal, and I opened door, so he could do it somewhere on neighbour backyard. So pretty much only thing I needed to take care off was food, and cats are not picky I tell you that. And as incel probably one of the best feelings is when you lie in the bed and cat jumps on your bed, purr and goes to sleep with you.

I have a cat. It's a good cope even though she's a stacey who rejects the catcels in the neighborhood. :feelsbadman: