Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Has your mother ever done the silent treatment to you?

D

Deleted member 818

Self-banned
-
She’s done this to me a few times every time I did something wrong (things that were very minor) and it made me quite upset. I never responded in return though since I didn’t want her to win. One occasion that annoyed me in particular was when I tried greeting her, she complained that I never greet her first. When I clapped back by saying you weren’t responding to me for a few days, she asked “Who are you?” in a really malicious tone, like a was an unwanted stranger. She said this a couple of days before too.

The last time she did it was when I asked her not to enter my room randomly, it hasn’t happened since then. She’s nice to me most of the time but I think she’s hiding her grievances with me.

yes, as a child all the time. it fucked with my mental health hard

Tell her to fuck off and throw her into a well.

Mothers are snowflakes. Typical passive-aggressive woman.

You talking to her is allowing her to win since thats what she wants

You need to give her a long hard silent treatment back. Then she'll learn

I did though, most of the time at least.

She needs a spanking

All the time.

I didn't exist to her tbh, she paid more attention to my older brother and younger sister. Then she kicked me out at 17 years old b4 I could finish high school.

She honestly hated my guts.

No.Because I love the silent treatment and I never cared about the feelings of almost anyone.

yeah but she doesnt talk to me anymore at least its one less fuckhead to deal with now waiting for my dads heart to explode

A lot of times. Then later she will begin to yell at me again.

Yep. Mom was bitching about how I didn't have her details (I'd been submitting those details periodically) when applying for something, and I yelled back about how she didn't even know her own info and that it made no sense for me to know but not her. Wouldn't respond to good morning, night, etc.

Dad backed me up on that, but I actually considered apologizing. Think this happened twice.

She sometimes ignores me.