Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Has technology destroyed the possibility of real communication between people?

Zoran

Zoran

Banned
-
Permaban
Hey everyone,

Today we live in a world where technology and social networks have become an indispensable part of our lives. But the question arises: Has this same technology, which allows us to be connected to almost everyone in the world, actually destroyed our ability for real, deep communication?

Let's consider a few key points:

The superficiality of communication: With messages, likes and short comments, communication often seems to be reduced to superficial interactions. Have we lost the ability to have real, meaningful conversations?

Instant gratification: Technology allows us instant response and instant gratification, which can make it difficult to create and maintain deep connections. Have we become impatient and prone to communication barriers?

Non-verbal cues lost: Many on-screen communications ignore non-verbal cues such as body language and tone of voice, which are crucial to correctly interpreting messages. Does it lead to misunderstandings and conflicts?

Unrealistic expectations: Social networks often portray idealized versions of life, which can create unrealistic expectations and make real interaction even more difficult. How does it affect our interpersonal relationships?

Dependence on technology: How does the increasing dependence on technology affect our abilities to create and maintain real relationships? Are we drifting apart from each other due to excessive use of digital tools?

I want to hear your thoughts on this. Do you think technology has really destroyed our ability to truly communicate? How do you see the role of technology in your daily life and relationships?

Let's open the discussion and think together about how we can improve the way we communicate in this digital age.

P.S. If you have any stories about how technology has changed the way you communicate, please feel free to share!

This reads like one of those post lecture question sheets I receive during post secondary courses

Hope whatever paper ur writing sucks ass.

yes for example you have a low postcount on .is so I cannot communicate with you + it would be beneath me

Yikes! Something went wrong. Lets unpack this.​

GrAY

This member limits who may view their full profile.