Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Has anyone taken acting classes?

SlayerSlayer

SlayerSlayer

The Satoru Iwata of incels.is
★★★★★
I feel like I need to learn how to not be myself. I have an extremely hard time being dishonest. Does acting classes help in this regard?

I had one year of drama class in High School and it was absolute hell, ugly people in acting?
Funny.

Haha, I have the opposite problem. I think acting classes will have the opposite effect, fam.

Haha, I have the opposite problem. I think acting classes will have the opposite effect, fam.

I thought so. The best acting is just people playing a truer version of themselves.

I took two acting classes in high school and it didn't really help. It just put me into a class with peices of shit. And the teacher was the worst. For one of the drama exams the teacher gave each student a certain time to show up and must of mixed ours up with another class. Anyway when I went in for the exam with my group she got pissed that we were late and none of us had the schedule to prove we weren't. A classmate then later told me that the group after us was even more late but they had the schedule to prove to her they weren't. She never apologized to my group though. Long story short it wasn't a good class

I took two acting classes in high school and it didn't really help. It just put me into a class with peices of shit. And the teacher was the worst. For one of the drama exams the teacher gave each student a certain time to show up and must of mixed ours up with another class. Anyway when I went in for the exam with my group she got pissed that we were late and none of us had the schedule to prove we weren't. A classmate then later told me that the group after us was even more late but they had the schedule to prove to her they weren't. She never apologized to my group though. Long story short it wasn't a good class
that makes me angry

I feel like I need to learn how to not be myself. I have an extremely hard time being dishonest. Does acting classes help in this regard?
I could see it helping. I have latped before but acting classes would help me do it better. allowing better emotional control and taking expressions to get better jobs or manipulate others. you may lose your sense of identity if it's not strong tho

I feel like I need to learn how to not be myself.

Nice.

I remember someone once advised me to join a theater club or something. Wtf has the world come to when learning to pretend you are what you're not is seen as a method for self-improvement?

Wasn't there a time when acting was kind of frowned upon ? Like people working in circus or something ? Basically all the entertainment industry was being considered as a low status activity ?

Now it's like the absolute opposite : famous actors and actresses are worshipped as demigods.

Last edited:
Business college is more or less an acting school. Just make a good impression and climb the career ladder, rat racecel.

Business college is more or less an acting school. Just make a good impression and climb the career ladder, rat racecel.
I remember taking a marketing elective. I found it kind of empowering. There weren't many "soft-skills" sort of classes when I went to college though.

They might help you lower your inhib

I thought so. The best acting is just people playing a truer version of themselves.
Bingo. The best actors dive into deep parts of themselves to pull off a wide variety of roles. They always say to find a way to relate to the character through your own personal experiences.